Skip to main content

Topic: Opinions on fast travel after playing. (Read 9344 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Opinions on fast travel after playing.
Reply #15
I just spent an hour traveling to yssam, now an hour traveling back to our city.
Best running simulator yet.

Go roa.

Instant travel.

Solved.

• Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:35:17 am by Prodigy_Burn

www.darkfallonline.com.br - Darkfall Online Brazil
Prodigy Burn - Asylum's Guild Leader

Reply #16
Here's to hoping we get roads that go through blue cities only. Fuck you criminals and arac clans, youre all race disgrace!

Reply #17
you can all complain but play for 4 months before crying please.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #18

Why is the seperation of this:

Into two separate banks/marketplaces necessary, other than to minorly inconvenience a player?

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #19

Into two separate banks/marketplaces necessary, other than to minorly inconvenience a player?

you will get used to it dont worry
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG

Reply #20

Its not me that needs to get used to it lmfao.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

• BlackSun
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #21
i dont want too much instant travel neither, but to be honest running for hours and hours is just boring af

if there was at least a bindstone recall once and hour or 5x a day - something like that.

we will never see big sieges because people dont wanna travel endlessly to probably die in a few minutes. the massive organisation before a siege will happen with local banking and walking simulation is ridicolous. ever thought about that?

its you think there will be race wars - war over what? which benefits? is there even a point in doing so? racial buffs? passive income? something other than slaughtering the supposed lesser race?

what about houses? worth owning a house? other than a 2nd bank - IF you are lucky enough to get a safe? u need to travel to your house - remote houses like in hundvin etc will be forgotten about because of no use - people dont even walk there to get med points and gold.

things people obviously haven't thought about

Reply #22
i dont want too much instant travel neither, but to be honest running for hours and hours is just boring af

if there was at least a bindstone recall once and hour or 5x a day - something like that.

we will never see big sieges because people dont wanna travel endlessly to probably die in a few minutes. the massive organisation before a siege will happen with local banking and walking simulation is ridicolous. ever thought about that?

its you think there will be race wars - war over what? which benefits? is there even a point in doing so? racial buffs? passive income? something other than slaughtering the supposed lesser race?

what about houses? worth owning a house? other than a 2nd bank - IF you are lucky enough to get a safe? u need to travel to your house - remote houses like in hundvin etc will be forgotten about because of no use - people dont even walk there to get med points and gold.

(No, I'm not laughing at you.)

• BlackSun
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #23
I could add stuff like we will fight the same people over and over again - the ones next to us. boring?

its fun to go to a neighbour region in the first weeks - killing mob farmers or miners. but how long will it last?

i for once will probably never see niflheim or ruby again, simply because it takes me ages to get there. i dont have ready bags there - especially later when the needed gear level will be higher to sustain.
sure i could pack a mount full with 2 ready bags and maybe an extra mount - but risking this just to see nifl again? sorry thats stupid.

these acitivities are for large clans - solo players and small groups will be fucked

Reply #24

Its not me that needs to get used to it lmfao.

Yeah he doesn't need to get use to something he doesn't even play.  He is just so cool talks on the forums all day.  For some reason I have yet to figure out....

Reply #25
fast travel on roads would be nice to have right now.
as well as faster mounts in general, could be a speed boost that builts up over time traveling and ends if being hit
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

Reply #26
I could add stuff like we will fight the same people over and over again - the ones next to us. boring?

its fun to go to a neighbour region in the first weeks - killing mob farmers or miners. but how long will it last?

i for once will probably never see niflheim or ruby again, simply because it takes me ages to get there. i dont have ready bags there - especially later when the needed gear level will be higher to sustain.
sure i could pack a mount full with 2 ready bags and maybe an extra mount - but risking this just to see nifl again? sorry thats stupid.

these acitivities are for large clans - solo players and small groups will be fucked

Yeah its kinda sad really, and it sucks that we have to see yet another darkfall die to change people's minds, UNLESS they make it easier. Im not going to yssam again, its ridiculous. I would have probably quit there and then if i died and lost my mount,

There's being a ''hardcore'' game and then there's just being plain stupid. Put in recalls and house teleports, i think that would be a step in the right direction.

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
At least a bindstone recall while being naked/holding 0.00 weight would be nice.

What are you supposed to do if you run from mid map to Yssam for some PVP, die, respawn on Yssam with nothing in your bank? Walk back to mid map on foot? Sounds greatttttttttttt

• Fuh Q
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #28

Yeah its kinda sad really, and it sucks that we have to see yet another darkfall die to change people's minds, UNLESS they make it easier. Im not going to yssam again, its ridiculous. I would have probably quit there and then if i died and lost my mount,

There's being a ''hardcore'' game and then there's just being plain stupid. Put in recalls and house teleports, i think that would be a step in the right direction.
There is a version of Darkfall with that.
Ub3r Is fine and know what they are doing, its best they leave it unsubbed for the rest of indev because this lets people know they arent trying to milk us and keeps a flame under them to get the work done as reasonably fast as possible.

Reply #29

no one is  forcing you to run for hours to far away lands except yourself. Not so easy to get to the best spots now is it? If everyone can teleport to the best spots then how can it become valuable and an adventure to get there and make it back in 1 piece?
Ingame names
Dragon Empire SG