Skip to main content

Topic: Everybody should know this (Read 875 times) previous topic - next topic

Everybody should know this

Re: Everybody should know this
Reply #1
"When starting out, a character increases in power very fast but the overall maximum attainable power remains mostly unchanged.

We say mostly, because when reaching 100 in a skill or attribute, an extra 5% bonus is applied to the gains it provides."

"Archery and melee base skills no longer have the "surging" mechanic of reverting when reaching 100. Instead it gives a permanent +5% effectiveness."

i don't like that
  • Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:29:11 pm by vanvaldenburg

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
"When starting out, a character increases in power very fast but the overall maximum attainable power remains mostly unchanged.

We say mostly, because when reaching 100 in a skill or attribute, an extra 5% bonus is applied to the gains it provides."

"Archery and melee base skills no longer have the "surging" mechanic of reverting when reaching 100. Instead it gives a permanent +5% effectiveness."

i don't like that

You don't like anything, so it doesn't add much.

Reply #3
Lol @MNO
Yeah, you're right spot on.. Quite a few of us have that problem. Myself included sometimes, I guess. :D

Reply #4
"while low level players are being buffed by these changes, so are low level monsters.
We expect that the game's PvE will become more challenging than before, and we hope that this will prove enjoyable for most."

If only that had been true, I have been so disappointed with difficulty levels :(
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

Reply #5
I actually liked this idea but im not sure anymore.

First the game hooks u in with the dopamine feelz OMG NEW SPELL NEW SPELL IM GETTING STRONGER!!

and then its falloff and ur left grinding to improve ur spells/skills

but the game is focused on pvp so the whole thing was to get players "pvp viable" FAST

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I actually liked this idea but im not sure anymore.

First the game hooks u in with the dopamine feelz OMG NEW SPELL NEW SPELL IM GETTING STRONGER!!

and then its falloff and ur left grinding to improve ur spells/skills

but the game is focused on pvp so the whole thing was to get players "pvp viable" FAST

Here is the error. It is not focused on PvP. Thats why they work on crafting and trading improvements first.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #7
need a mathematical dependence/formula