Skip to main content

Topic: Want to know how to get perfect borderless window mode? Works in ultrawide too (Read 1018 times) previous topic - next topic

Want to know how to get perfect borderless window mode? Works in ultrawide too
Will you need to download and have two apps running in the background? Yes

Is that ideal? No

--------------------

The benefits to this method are the following...

1.  No custom resolution bullshit required

2.  No AHK

3.  No taskbar

4.  Works with ultrawide resolutions

The only thing I can think to mention that may be a negative is that the window will be locked to whatever refresh rate your monitor is set to.  For example I may get 80 - 300 FPS in fullscreen... but using this method the window is locked to my monitor's native 120Hz.  I don't really lose anything... but it is worth the mention.

------------------------

Hopefully they get around to making this possible without the effort or extra apps required in the future.

---------------------------

For borderless I use....

http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/

You may need to play with the settings a little, but the end result will be so long as you are running the program in the background Darkfall will open up in borderless window mode.

You can then find another app to hide the taskbar via hotkeys.  Running Windows 10 I found this one...

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/hide-taskbar-windows-7-hotkey

There should be tons of other options out there for you guys if you choose to look for a different one.

-------------

Enjoy a proper borderless experience and alt-tab all you want. 

-------------------------

------------

Hopefully those images help you with the settings.
  • Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:19:53 pm by KevinDL

Re: Want to know how to get perfect borderless window mode? Works in ultrawide too
Reply #1
Thank you! How this hasn't been made possible yet for dnd is very surprising....

Re: Want to know how to get perfect borderless window mode? Works in ultrawide too
Reply #2
Bump for visibility

Reply #3
I am using 2560*1080 moitor and when I have issue with switching to window mode at this resolution. When I switch to window mode, the DF window is only 1280*1024 resolution... So I can get the WindowedBorderlessGaming working, and the window is without border, but the game is not covering whole screen.

No matter if I switch the resolution setting ingame or in the launcher.

In launcher when I uncheck the fullscreen option, my resolution automatically switches to 1280*1024 and if I change it in combobox, the checkbox fullscreen reactivates... :/

Any Idea how to solve this?

Reply #4
Having the same issue. If i uncheck full screen in the launcher it won't let me select 3440x1440. If i uncheck fullscreen in game it says 3440x1440 but is actually rendering 2560x1080.

Reply #5
I have made the custom resolution in Nvidia panel 2559*1059. The problem is that the darfall havent seen that resolution that resplution. I solved this issue with editing file C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\DarkfallNewDawn\Character\0\150248\gui_manager_persistence.xml

In this section: MEMBER_VIDEO_RESOLUTION_DISPLAY_LIST
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So add the resolution you need in this list. Than you can select the resolution for windowed mode.

You can also easilly use the window borderless gaming app...

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Thanks - one problem though. I can't get windowed mode to go actual 1080p. It covers maybe 9/10 of my screen. Any ideas?

Reply #7
Why?

Why do you want to lock your delay to the desktop rate? They improved the client, I can alt-tab in and out all day between my 2 accounts. I have yet to hear one benefit to full window borderless

• MNO
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Why?

Why do you want to lock your delay to the desktop rate? They improved the client, I can alt-tab in and out all day between my 2 accounts. I have yet to hear one benefit to full window borderless

Here's ONE benefit you asked for.

You can easily tab between screens without a delay as your df screen hibernates, and tab back in without a delay.

Reply #9
Also they have confirmed there is a bug in the system with alt tabbing.  You can get a large fps drop. I experiance this with alt tabbing

Reply #10

I have made the custom resolution in Nvidia panel 2559*1059. The problem is that the darfall havent seen that resolution that resplution. I solved this issue with editing file C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\DarkfallNewDawn\Character\0\150248\gui_manager_persistence.xml

In this section: MEMBER_VIDEO_RESOLUTION_DISPLAY_LIST
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So add the resolution you need in this list. Than you can select the resolution for windowed mode.

You can also easilly use the window borderless gaming app...

You are able to run ND client 1920x1080 in Windowed mode?  I am not having any luck.

Edit: I have 3 monitors so not sure if that has anything to do with my issues.
  • Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:11:23 am by Fore Core
YoutubeTwitch

Reply #11
Why?

Here's ONE benefit you asked for.

You can easily tab between screens without a delay as your df screen hibernates, and tab back in without a delay.

Found the fix on the boards here, so not sure who to credit but if you right click the launcher icon go to properties compatibility tab select disabled fullscreen optimization it will fix the issue with alt-tab'ing.

Still dont understand why you would play with the game in window mode, by locking the fps to your refresh rate (v-snyc) you're losing frames of people moving because it tosses everything above your refresh rate. So if your monitors 60 hertz, everytime it draws where the guy moves but already refreshed the screen 60 times, it just tosses that out and that's why you get stuttering and problems with locating hitboxes even if you're not aware of it