Skip to main content

Topic: Ping Program (Read 598 times) previous topic - next topic

Ping Program
For those looking for a decent routeing app to reduce ping I suggest you check out Mudfish

Real good results from 120 to 80-90
(shitty provider with shitty routes , might not help to some of yas )

Has good interface , shows you Recent best routes for ping and ect

Be sure to adjust chosen routes manually it works alot better then auto selection

option for 2 routes you gonna want to choose close to you and close to sever
tho sometimes the recent routes ping will advice you a better choise

Many options to choose from

It has New dawn in its game list unlike other ping apps

And best part you pay for usage 10$ will get you like 70 GB i think and its calculating only from the use of Darkfall unless you set it diffrent

No trail is offered to check the ping

If your not sure routeing will help you at all you can download other similar app's that offer trail like WTFAST or BATTLEPING those should have a free test avilable then you can check ping and see if diffrent routing has any effect on your ping

was not aware theres a trail as makraiz mentioned -
You get 0.07 GB for free by making an account, which is enough to test.   They also offer money back within a certain time period if you are not satisfied with the service. 

Keep in mind that in one of the two i mentioned above not sure what it was ,, Pinging indev-1.ub3rgames.com in CMD was not effected by the app but in game it was so check ingame to make sure if ping is changed
  • Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:49:39 am by Bandet

Re: Ping Program
Reply #1
one month after from standing on 75GB left from 80.3 GB
this will last months

also Bump bump
  • Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:43:45 am by Bandet

Reply #2
for my clanmates mudfish reduce ping greatly and more stable than battleping/wtfast/pingzapper. And it 2 times cheaper than battle ping

Reply #3
Sounds like a good offer. Do you j own if it helps with spikes?

I get like 130-160 from Miami FL but I get spikes to 300+ at times in combat that can ve frustrating.

Reply #4

I get like 130-160 from Miami FL but I get spikes to 300+ at times in combat that can ve frustrating.

I'm in CL FL and I get 120 ping. Maybe 150 in pvp. Something doesn't sound right about your setup or ISP.

P.S.
You guys should be careful with these types of services as they can be misleading. It's the same deal with people using VPNs on indev for better ping. Those results are not accurate as they are reading from the proxy or VPN host location which is where the ping is being calculated from because that's where DF servers see the traffic coming from. However, just because it shows you have low ping while using these programs, doesn't actually mean you are truly receiving that ping. No matter how you look at it, traffic still has to go from you to DND server. Adjust routes might help but in terms of things like a VPN. VPN has to encrypt traffic which actually means it has to be un-ecrypted on the end of the tunnel. If anything it would increase delay, not decrease it.

Long story short, if you are using one of these programs and your ping is low, doesn't mean you are actually receiving those numbers due to how it is calculating the origin location of the service use. It may help some people with shitty routes but other then that. You are most likely better off not using those programs.
  • Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 09:09:43 pm by AndroBourne

Reply #5

I'm in CL FL and I get 120 ping. Maybe 150 in pvp. Something doesn't sound right about your setup or ISP.

P.S.
You guys should be careful with these types of services as they can be misleading. It's the same deal with people using VPNs on indev for better ping. Those results are not accurate as they are reading from the proxy or VPN host location which is where the ping is being calculated from because that's where DF servers see the traffic coming from. However, just because it shows you have low ping while using these programs, doesn't actually mean you are truly receiving that ping. No matter how you look at it, traffic still has to go from you to DND server. Adjust routes might help but in terms of things like a VPN. VPN has to encrypt traffic which actually means it has to be un-ecrypted on the end of the tunnel. If anything it would increase delay, not decrease it.

Long story short, if you are using one of these programs and your ping is low, doesn't mean you are actually receiving those numbers due to how it is calculating the origin location of the service use. It may help some people with shitty routes but other then that. You are most likely better off not using those programs.

Encryption/decryption does not happen on the network, it happens on the sending and receiving computers before or after the data has transferred.  It should not effect ping as a result.  On top of that, encryption sometimes includes compression which would make the total amount of data transferred smaller, which would result in faster transfer times. 

Connecting from California, I have a ping of anywhere from 160ish to 300.  There is a ton of jitter in my ping at any given point, and the connection is not stable.  When running a traceroute I can see that my traffic is directed from Charter servers through Level3 nodes from LA to Paris over a total of 5 jumps from node to node.  Level 3 is a major backbone of the internet, and tons of traffic gets directed through these nodes.  By switching to mudfish vpn, I no longer use these nodes, instead using private nodes on a private network, which gets my connection to Paris in 3 jumps.  My ping stays at 160, but it is stable at 160.  I don't jitter above 200 off & on regularly like I do with the standard ISP routed connection. 

Think of it like a freeway.  When you allow the ISP to direct your traffic, you are basically taking the same route that everyone else uses to get around, and if there is a lot of traffic, you will get to your destination slowly.  The VPN is like being able to take the not so well known back roads, allowing you to get to your destination without encountering anywhere near the amount of traffic. 

Reply #6
No trail is offered to check the ping
Not entirely true.  You get 0.07 GB for free by making an account, which is enough to test.   They also offer money back within a certain time period if you are not satisfied with the service. 

Reply #7

P.S.

Encryption/decryption does not happen on the network, it happens on the sending and receiving computers before or after the data has transferred.  It should not effect ping as a result.  On top of that, encryption sometimes includes compression which would make the total amount of data transferred smaller, which would result in faster transfer times. 

Connecting from California, I have a ping of anywhere from 160ish to 300.  There is a ton of jitter in my ping at any given point, and the connection is not stable.  When running a traceroute I can see that my traffic is directed from Charter servers through Level3 nodes from LA to Paris over a total of 5 jumps from node to node.  Level 3 is a major backbone of the internet, and tons of traffic gets directed through these nodes.  By switching to mudfish vpn, I no longer use these nodes, instead using private nodes on a private network, which gets my connection to Paris in 3 jumps.  My ping stays at 160, but it is stable at 160.  I don't jitter above 200 off & on regularly like I do with the standard ISP routed connection. 

Think of it like a freeway.  When you allow the ISP to direct your traffic, you are basically taking the same route that everyone else uses to get around, and if there is a lot of traffic, you will get to your destination slowly.  The VPN is like being able to take the not so well known back roads, allowing you to get to your destination without encountering anywhere near the amount of traffic. 

Yes. I know how it works. I'm a Network Engineer and have been for over 10 years supporting INC 500 companies...

My explanation was for those who are not tech saavy. The same results apply. If you have to encrypt and decrypt the data. That is an extra step which causes more delay, it is done at the end point level however, before the data can be read, it has to be decrypted. You can slice it up however you want but that's just simple facts. There is delay in there for encrypting and decryption the packets on both endpoints.

The only way someone would get a better REAL connection via VPN is that if the routes it takes is better then the default routes your ISP uses and on top of that it is still a gamble because the encrypt/decryption process which will increase delay again. So... you save time on routes and lose time with encryption\decryption process...

The the long scheme of things. For most people a VPN may actually worsen the connection. Not make it any better.

P.S.
And your freeway example doesn't work for most situations. VPNs function the same way an ISP does. They have their own routes (multiple routes by the way) and also many other users are on the VPN services, taking up the bandwidth of the VPN servers in their area... So the same applies. It is a gamble, especially with lower end VPN services that may not have many relay servers between you and the DND server.

And I don't know about you but only time I use VPN and Proxies are to mask me downloading large content. Which many other people also use it for. You are competing for bandwidth with those downloading large content as well...
  • Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 12:48:12 am by AndroBourne