Skip to main content

Topic: Unwanted Friendly Racial Kills (Read 387 times) previous topic - next topic

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Unwanted Friendly Racial Kills
Greetings,

Supposedly (and hopefully) there will be a lot of support between players of the same race alliance (and not necessarily members of the same clan) against enemy races raiding one's racial area, however the brawls will inevitably cause "friendly kills" (of players of same race but of another clan/alliance), will this not create some issue? should there not be some sort of forgiveness option to avoid/limit this?

Regards
HG
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

Re: Unwanted Friendly Racial Kills
Reply #1
there is, maybe you should try playing....

Reply #2
There already is a popup when you die "Do you forgive your killer".
And, supposedly at some point in time we'll get a better engagement system that should (in theory) be able to detect who helped whom
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Hyld
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
There already is a popup when you die "Do you forgive your killer".
And, supposedly at some point in time we'll get a better engagement system that should (in theory) be able to detect who helped whom

Ok, yes there is, but if I am not mistaken, it is of limited use,  it does not tell you the race of who killed you, and even if it did, you can still assume it was a red (a traitor) and in the heat of battle it gets confusing. I know this is a double edged sword, since you do need to make people responsible for their mistakes, but an AOE or a WW can cause unwanted victims in a large melee, on the other side you still want people to join the battle, perhaps the kill of your owns should have less penalty in a crowded area.

Not sure there is any silver bullet for this one.

Edit...perhaps a "revive" attempt would immediately counter the related alignment hit...plus a player can "donate" the "revive" to benefit the original killer in case he is unable to revive the initial victim.

Regards
HG
  • Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:58:54 am by Hyld
Never overestimate the intelligence of your fellow human being

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
I hope you are all aware that the racially aligned PvP meta will revolve around rogue flagging cheese tactics.

It's still 100% kill on sight, nothing was changed.

Reply #5
Wonder what happens when I see Lux farming my favourite Goblin spawn.

Reply #6

Reply #7

Don't bother with human, you will reroll to an Alfar after 2 weeks anyways.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #8
I hope you are all aware that the racially aligned PvP meta will revolve around rogue flagging cheese tactics.

It's still 100% kill on sight, nothing was changed.
Didn't ROA have a clickable UI button that toggled whether you wanted to prevent your attacks from hitting a fellow blue? Think it may have only worked in "lawful" territory, but that seemed to do the trick.

Should do the same here.

As a side note, alt proportions have not increased over the rates we saw during InDev, and these were negligible.