Skip to main content

Topic: DnD: Changelog - Thematic patch note recap  (Read 6253 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: DnD: Changelog - Thematic patch note recap
Reply #15
I don't want to get drawn into a theorycraft discussion on LB. I support the feature, I just want to understand the mechanics designed to support it.

In specific I am trying to understand this line.

- There will always be at least one location available with a bank nearby, to prevent being left without gear.

If the player does not have any stocked banks in the local vacinity, and there is no market place bank option available then how is the player prevented being left without gear.

I just dont follow this. Hopefuly soemone can explain. Thx.

Reply #16
I don't want to get drawn into a theorycraft discussion on LB. I support the feature, I just want to understand the mechanics designed to support it.

In specific I am trying to understand this line.

- There will always be at least one location available with a bank nearby, to prevent being left without gear.

If the player does not have any stocked banks in the local vacinity, and there is no market place bank option available then how is the player prevented being left without gear.

I just dont follow this. Hopefuly soemone can explain. Thx.

I can explain - this quote is simply a lie, false advertisement from game developer.

Reply #17
I can explain - this quote is simply a lie, false advertisement from game developer.
Since when has the developer said that you will have the choice to spawn at a "stocked" bank? Or did I miss it?

Isn't it that you, after death, become the option to choose from nearby bindstones and (at least?) one with a bank.

It is your own responsibility to do the logistics, otherwise local banking becomes either "not that local"(If some of the gear could be "transported" to an empty bank) or an instant teleport function, if you could choose a filled bank, to respawn at.

You go somewhere to farm? Take a few bits of pieces with you to prepare for death? Gold is global, so reags and basic stuff from NPCs should be an option.

Death will simply have a much bigger impact, especially if you don't care much about preparation and logistics.
(Which is most likely something many people don't like, so I see a high frustration and rage-quit possibility here)

Reply #18
OK I will bite!

I actually like the idea of local banking, but I think that is a piss poor solution that will drive many players away.

You say - if you go farm away from your bank you should prepare another bank nearby. What happens if you die en route. The idea you need to take two or more gearbags each time and hope to bank them safely near your farm spot is pretty insane imo. You also mention regs in relation to global gold, but there are no reg vendors at most wild banks!

Especailly if the respawn system selects the nearest 4 binstone/bank - you can ptrobanbly only farm almost within view of your bank in many places on the map  before you loose access to your local bank on respawn.

I like localisation but not THAT local!! Its like you get a small circle of existence around your banking area and then your naked on foot!!

You say gold is global and you always have a bank respawn option but that means absolutely nothing in most scenarios of this. It is literally not even relevant to many many situations... What use is gold if there is nothing to buy!?

I guess I will head to a sub continent at launch, as I wont be clanned and there are simply too many bindstones/banks on the mainland that would restrict my existence to once screenshot! The sub continients have only one bank each so presumably they are exempt from this hastles as you will always get a respwan option at the chaos city and at least have use of one whoe sub continent with enough famring available at least level a char up lol.

Maybe I am missing something but i see this being a total game killer tbh.

I undertsand it is to stop people using death to return home fast but its a very bad trade off. Even with insta travel deaths back to your bindstone the trade system still would have benefited from all the advantages of local banking. The trade off here to prevent that, hardly game-changing, death-to-bindsone retrun by intruducing a very game-breaking mechanic like that is pretty dumb.

Has to be said that this game does hold the potential to be a griefers wet dream ;p
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:52:33 am by discombobulation

Reply #19
@donutkebab use logic and imagination

No matter how good you will prepare. With local respawn and local banking in case of trouble it will be possible to ran out of gear before you successfully return from remote location. So it's not true that you will always have at least one location available with a bank nearby that prevents being left without gear. No respawn mechanic and no form of banking can prevent being left without gear. But local banking combined with local respawn can create such situation very often. So to claim it will be the other way around is spreading bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want global or regional banking, I like local banking. I also like local respawn mechanic. But claim made by devs that we are discussing here is simply false. Marketing bullshit.
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:58:43 am by wildNothing

Reply #20
I actually like the idea of local banking, but I think that is a piss poor solution that will drive many players away.

You say - if you go farm away from your bank you should prepare another bank nearby. What happens if you die en route. The idea you need to take two or more gearbags each time and hope to bank them safely near your farm spot is pretty insane imo.
While I understand your concern (which indeed can drive people away, especially the ones who don't like to organize or use the economy), you should also think about what the bigger plan here is:
A fluid, active economy, where crafters(and then also gatherers) are needed everywhere. You have global gold and can use the next market to re-gear. Sure, you will travel way more than with global banking, this is also something intended as it makes every step and choice more important, not just running out unprepared because it does not matter anyways.

I like localisation but not THAT local!! Its like you get a small circle of existence around your banking area and then your naked on foot!!

You say gold is global and you always have a bank respawn option but that means absolutely nothing in most scenarios of this. It is literally not even relevant to many many situations...
Yeah well, if you don't want to use every option available and still think that deaths should not be that important, sure...
If people still ignore the economy and market system, yeah, you will have a much harder time. Cooperations becomes way, way more important with a true local banking. Distant PVE locations become somewhat harder to farm all day long, which will make regional resources even more important...this means, trading gets a boost for people willing to trade (and/or again, use the market).

If you are not willing to travel, not willing to trade, want to do everything yourself, maybe not even be in a clan....You will have a much, much harder time.

I guess I will head to a sub continent at launch, as I wont be clanned and there are simply too many bindstones/banks on the mainland that would restrict my existence to once screenshot! The sub continients have only one bank each so presumably they are exempt from this hastles as you will always get a respwan option at the chaos city and at least have use of one whoe sub continent with enough famring available at least level a char up lol.

Maybe I am missing something but i see this being a total game killer tbh.
Missing the point, phew hard to say, it just sounds to me that you will have a much harder time, especially unclanned on a sub continent.....How exactly do you plan on getting gear? Do you expect that crafters will travel to sub continents as well from start on?  They will later on as those markets will have a nice market since not many people will have their focus on there.

Do you expect all the clans who will start on sub continents to kill you less? The banks are actually chaos banks without protection, the PVE spots are good in some locations, but also wanted by everyone. The holding density is also a bit higher on the sub islands, means more likely to meet enemy races or red clans. You have absolutely no guard tower protection, on the main island, you have NPC cities and also wilderness banks, many with guard towers.

I am most of the time also unclanned so I know the game style BUT in DnD, you will have a much harder time, depending on the population.
The economy is just way more important in DnD, not only because of titles but also because of local banking and limited traveling options. If you don't want to adapt, yes, this might be a game killer for you sadly, but well, it is an MMO, either you deal with the situations or you don't and will either quit or live a very hard life, which to some is something good (hardmode kinda).

Reply #21
I think it is you who is missing the point actually but we shall see who is better prepared.  :)

You miss MY point - respawn deaths do not impinge on local trade. If you can refute taht , do.

I will ofc have an alt to craft who will move with me.

As for subcontinents and chos towns being too dangerous. I will take my chances thx. I can handle myself, I dont mind dying. I would rather die and respawn and head out again than hide in a npc citu with no good famring and more chance of naked respawn. Also chos towns are all giving a much much larger radius to farm in, due to lack of competing respawn banks, even the centre banks.

you go ahead and place a mount at every bank - i will build one bank on each sub continent and one in a mid map Choas town. My way is going to be better ;) I guess that is risk and reward although I will probbaly get the choas towns pretty empty with everyone hiding in npc towns planning to ferry gods around the map!

Anyway it weill be interesting to see which route pays off. But I am not scared to live in choas towns. I lived solo in chaos towns for like 6 years before ;p

Thx for the clarification on mechanics guys - I do appreciate it. Im out, see yas at laucnh everyone.

Alo finally - you say 'if i dont want to adapt'. I didnt say anywhere this and you can see i have alrrady plans to adapt this is why i wanted to know the mechanics ;) Thinking a supporting game mechanic is poor is not the same as a) not wanting the overall local system b) not willing to adapt.

You can support something in life without being totally uncritical of every aspect of that thing ;)
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:10:06 pm by discombobulation

Reply #22

No matter how good you will prepare. With local respawn and local banking in case of trouble it will be possible to ran out of gear before you successfully return from remote location. So it's not true that you will always have at least one location available with a bank nearby that prevents being left without gear. No respawn mechanic and no form of banking can prevent being left without gear. But local banking combined with local respawn can create such situation very often. So to claim it will be the other way around is spreading bullshit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want global or regional banking, I like local banking. I also like local respawn mechanic. But claim made by devs that we are discussing here is simply false. Marketing bullshit.
uhhhhhhhhhhh

what?

What do they claim, could you please tell me this(no offense, it is highly possible that we are either misunderstanding each other because of different informations or interpretations )?

Like I said, I can only remember that they said you will have the choice of nearby bindstones and at least one bank. As far as I know they did not state something about the bank itself.

Again, what do you expect? Use logic and imagination yourself to predict the outcome of some changes that would require, or tell me a somewhat better solution.

I get the problematic, I also thought often about how it would influence the game. It will become way, way slower on a global scale BUT locally, is still a good option for most players to grow and then spread out into the world.

It really seems to me, that many of you people just straight out don't want to adapt to the whole system, where economy, trading, cooperation and organization is way more important than it was in the prior games and you were used to. How else should crafters, traders and gatherers find a good market? They will be way more needed (global gold!) everywhere, ub3r even said that they expect the people using the economy as a faster, more "fluid" way for gear etc.

Reply #23
You are all wrong. What will happen is, that you will be able to get back to your grave, as there will be no one to touch it.

Reply #24

uhhhhhhhhhhh

what?

What do they claim, could you please tell me this

sure I can tell you that. Surprised you produced few walls of text already without even noticing to what you are responding.
Here it is:
I say that it is no possible to "prevent being left without gear". Sooner or later you will respawn at a location and have no gear nor marketplace around to buy anything. All it takes actually is a death while traveling and then few deaths when you try to leave the area but are being hunted. Thus I say that what they say is not true. Empty words, marketing bullshit to sell local respawn mechanic. The mechanic I like, bullshitting not so much. The guy that brought this up is right, that this mechanic could be painful for some. You are just missing the point completely.
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:27:12 pm by wildNothing

Reply #25
I think it is you who is missing the point actually but we shall see who is better prepared.  :)

You miss MY point - respawn deaths do not impinge on local trade. If you can refute taht , do.
Anyway it weill be interesting to see which route pays off. But I am not scared to live in choas towns. I lived solo in chaos towns for like 6 years before ;p

Thx for the clarification on mechanics guys - I do appreciate it. Im out, see yas at laucnh everyone.
Ya I might have missed your point then and we have different styles it seems, yet reading your explanation still makes me feel that you did not get my point either, or ub3rgames strategy in making the whole game slow different than in the past.

You are taking the classic way, filling up multiple banks because of that. I won't, I will only have very few spots, depends on how well the market is going, I will also trade and travel way, way more than in recent games. It is just different, so I wish you luck on your way.

a bit of a ub3rgames' vision and what I am trying to say but most likely fail because of my engrish(am german) and sometimes potato head:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #26
sure I can tell you that. Surprised you produced few walls of text already without even noticing to what you are responding.
Here it is:
I say that it is no possible to "prevent being left without gear". Sooner or later you will respawn at a location and have no gear nor marketplace around to buy anything. All it takes actually is a death while traveling and then few deaths when you try to leave the area but are being hunted. Thus I say that what they say is not true. Empty words, marketing bullshit to sell local respawn mechanic. The mechanic I like, bullshitting not so much. The guy that brought this up is right, that this mechanic could be painful for some. You are just missing the point completely.
Okay, you have a strange way to interpret the "to prevent being left without gear."

While yes, it CAN be misinterpreted but if you understood the concept of local banking, why do you assume to be able to spawn at a bank with actual gear?

They also removed instant travel, any change to have a choice to respawn at a filled bank would mean people would exploit this and use as instant travel.
Any other way to fill that bank without your interaction, would mean people would also use this to fill up their banks without the need to travel with the stuff on them.

Like you said, use your imagination, a friend or alt nearby who could hold the bank so your bank is full, you suicide, respawn at said, now empty, bank, and again, gear moved without danger.

Like I already said: the logistics are up to you! Just as you were responsible to use a bindstone in DFO and would be angry if you respawned back at home because you forget to bind at the new location. Now everything is just more localized, you need to care what you do and also using your imagination on the outcome if you die, lose your stuff, know where you can go if the nearest market is empty and so on.

So what would your solution be then?

I am not missing the point, you just interpret ub3rgames said works how they fit into your negative thinking, that is all. You fail to imagine you the WHOLE system they are trying to change, you also fail to imagine the vastly different game for everyone, you still see and compare it with DFO/RoA.

By the way, the reason why I often produce "wall of texts" is, I like to explain the details why I think and also sometimes examples and critic if I see something I think is not right.
I don't really care that much that you ADHD people who are just typing 1 sentence and expect that it is all that it needs are upset to read more than that.....reading must be really hard on some of you, as much as it seems to be hard for me to write short texts...fuck.

Oh and if you like to read a somewhat short example on how ub3r plans, read the spoiler in the post I made above this, maybe this clears something up or you can point out where I am still wrong, we all have sometimes brain lag man!
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:41:26 pm by donutkebab

Reply #27
By the way, the reason why I often produce "wall of texts" is, I like to explain the details why I think and also sometimes examples and critic if I see something I think is not right.
I don't really care that much that you ADHD people who are just typing 1 sentence and expect that it is all that it needs are upset to read more than that.....reading must be really hard on some of you, as much as it seems to be hard for me to write short texts...fuck.
Yeah, your walls of text look like you don't have any real point to present. Don't worry, most of us are capable of reading long texts. Just not from some donutkebab on a game forum. I understand that you are young (at least I hope so) so you think that whole world revolves around you, but no matter how strong you believe in it, it is not true.

Reply #28

Yeah, your walls of text look like you don't have any real point to present. Don't worry, most of us are capable of reading long texts. Just not from some donutkebab on a game forum. I understand that you are young (at least I hope so) so you think that whole world revolves around you, but no matter how strong you believe in it, it is not true.
The irony...

How would you actually even be able to judge someone like you pretend to do if you are just instantly jumping on every throat with a different opinion, which you don't even understand nor even TRY to understand.
Typical overly defensive person who is afraid of being proven wrong...just don't go into the details, deny every point made or pretend there are none at all...and oh yeah, right, lets just hurry to derail this discussion with some ad hominem. Btw, you are also young, right? Right? Ha, that will show him!

You say that I don't even have a point...well, yeah, you are certainly not as able to read and understand "wall of texts" very well. Or just another manchild who pretends to read but does not and instantly goes into aggressive mode.

If you don't believe me, read the ub3rgames posts, oh,..no, you don't believe them either! All bullshit and marketing! Yeah right....you narcissistic piece of imbecile. Thanks for making my day a bit more enjoyable, pleb :)

Reply #29
Good effort!