Skip to main content

Topic: Why was the gathering grind increased? (Read 1539 times) previous topic - next topic

Why was the gathering grind increased?
We were checking out the changes and the gathering was nerfed? Thought is was increased on a heat map? From the starter city Akathos you have to go 1k meters past the last bank on the road to get anything above 20, and most spots around 2/3s of the map in alfar lands were 9-15?

Was funny at first I don't remember gathering being a problem with how the old darkfall played.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Why was the gathering grind increased?
Reply #1
every bank and npc guard tower affects the heatmap. i don't know what road you traveled along but all 3 lead to either more npc cities or the wilderness bank NE of akatos. the eastern alfar area has actually quite a big hole with no banks or npc guard towers.
so that one should have better yields

Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #2
We were checking out the changes and the gathering was nerfed? Thought is was increased on a heat map? From the starter city Akathos you have to go 1k meters past the last bank on the road to get anything above 20, and most spots around 2/3s of the map in alfar lands were 9-15?

Was funny at first I don't remember gathering being a problem with how the old darkfall played.

So that the 'pro' gatherer playstyle can flourish! In case you have an interesting and challenging job RL, you can log into DF after it, take gatherer titles, go out into the emptiness far away from banks and towers, to be an important cog in New Dawns economic mechanism and ... wait for it...  HARVEST!

Hope that explain it for you, we got the same explanation a while ago.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #3
You can go out to remote islands and get 200 per node.

Reply #4
every bank and npc guard tower affects the heatmap. i don't know what road you traveled along but all 3 lead to either more npc cities or the wilderness bank NE of akatos. the eastern alfar area has actually quite a big hole with no banks or npc guard towers.
so that one should have better yields

We were on the road that goes to Mar shral. We did try far north east of that last bank, was horrible.

So that the 'pro' gatherer playstyle can flourish! In case you have an interesting and challenging job RL, you can log into DF after it, take gatherer titles, go out into the emptiness far away from banks and towers, to be an important cog in New Dawns economic mechanism and ... wait for it...  HARVEST!

Hope that explain it for you, we got the same explanation a while ago.

Pretty sure we are going to pass.
  • Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 04:42:14 pm by Hitmonkey

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
old DF had 51 items per node.

total: 76 items
60 iron, 15 sulfur 1 gem
2.1km away from akathos bindstone. that's 4 minutes on a bluetail 5 minutes on a normal mount and 8 minutes on foot.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bala Eregi

Reply #6

60 iron, 15 sulfur 1 gem
2.1km away from akathos bindstone. that's 4 minutes on a bluetail 5 minutes on a normal mount and 8 minutes on foot.

Reply #7

60 iron, 15 sulfur 1 gem

if you don't gather till your encumbered and dont get killed coming back from the top of alfar lands, it's still a 20 minute round trip just to do gathering. We are going to check out the other races

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
So your actual complaint is that harvesting right next to banks got nerfed?
Bala Eregi

Reply #9
the whole point is to make it a little less easy so that the people who do take the time to harvest can actually sell their mats for a good price because its not something everyone can do right next to bank in safe zone.

Reply #10
if you don't gather till your encumbered and dont get killed coming back from the top of alfar lands, it's still a 20 minute round trip just to do gathering. We are going to check out the other races
So your report or problem here seems to be regional disadvantage on gathering or overall on gathering?

Also the "just to do gathering" is somewhat strange. If you ride to a PVE spot, you do it the same way, "just to do PVE".

I fail to see how you expect that the resource gathering should work... and the question is further:
Why do you feel that everyone needs to gather resources themselves? Especially considering the title system limiting everyone's ability who does not pick the harvest titles.....

To me it sounds that you don't like gathering at all but feel the pressure to do it. The old mentality of "I can do everything, so I will do everything!" is not that fitting into DnD in my opinion.

Reply #11
You get low returns if you are inside a racial area- and even if you pop outside you usually need to cross a tile line to get more.

Works to hop on a battle horn and fill up it's inventory.

Reply #12
the whole point is to make it a little less easy so that the people who do take the time to harvest can actually sell their mats for a good price because its not something everyone can do right next to bank in safe zone.

So a giant increase in the grind unless staring at a node is your thing. We came to that as well, thought maybe it was because our skill was 1. Guy offered to help us in game and trolls attack me here for not liking the increase in grind. Niiice. Thanks for the info spoon

Reply #13

So a giant increase in the grind unless staring at a node is your thing. We came to that as well, thought maybe it was because our skill was 1. Guy offered to help us in game and trolls attack me here for not liking the increase in grind. Niiice. Thanks for the info spoon
Or just  buy the mats from the person who does like staring at a node. There's enough of them out there that do.

Reply #14

Problem is mobs will drop shit ton of mats.
If mobs don't drop shit ton of mats, with this rate of harvesting the economy will fail. Simply fail. Number of pro harvesters are overrated, there won't be as many of them, and as the game is heading with advertizement, we will need all players who try the game out to stay.
Graphics, need to harvest, hard to understand character controls, what else will we have to scare new players off? Player mounts still can be stolen, lol, the amount of griefing incoming...
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."