Skip to main content

Topic: Mount Fighting Overpowered (Read 1556 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mount Fighting Overpowered
Reply #30
Celiah , i like your recents posts , you're going the right path and i hope your clan will succeed this time whatever you do. BUT , there is always a but , you should honestly be banned from any discussion involving mounts. Like for real , no offense

I don't need your approval like it's some kind of flaunted achievement.
Nobody has spent as much time fighting on a mount as I have, so naturally I have an opinion.

Reply #31
I guess mounted combat will be somewhat changed by the 1h title. Not many gonna chose to gimp themselves by playing and giving up a slot for a 1hander. :D

Reply #32
Not many gonna chose to gimp themselves by playing and giving up a slot for a 1hander. :D

i will do that

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
I guess mounted combat will be somewhat changed by the 1h title. Not many gonna chose to
Not many gonna chose to gimp themselves by playing and giving up a slot for a 1hander. :D

i will do that

I might as well, although full archery is so tempting...

Reply #34
Celiah , i like your recents posts , you're going the right path and i hope your clan will succeed this time whatever you do. BUT , there is always a but , you should honestly be banned from any discussion involving mounts. Like for real , no offense

I don't need your approval like it's some kind of flaunted achievement.
Nobody has spent as much time fighting on a mount as I have, so naturally I have an opinion.
Thought that was an obvious troll. As for mounts , you're just biased as fuck , since 2009.

Reply #35
In a group fight scenario, multiple horse meatshields can be a bit OP.

He means when 1 player loses a mount when mountfighting, then quickly spams yet another from his backpack.

Even if it was 5 vs 5, one side would be able to spam 10 mounts.

Reply #36
selling anti-mount fighting lessons 100k per hour pst, you seem like you need it
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37
And then imagine a 100v100 mounted players, where is your mount lessons now?
(i totally agree in a 1v1 you can dance around a mount all day, but the game isnt a 1v1...)
(you can also far more effectively kill the mounts using aoe attacks in those numbers...)
(there's also the option to use coordinated blinds, as mounted players cannot look up very far)
(focus fire isnt a good option though, as the mounts will crash into you and the now dismounted players have the option to use ranged attacks instead. Quite possibly not even wanting to get in on the melee stampede happening infront of them)
(selling crystal balls, pst)

Reply #38
Mount fighting SHOULD be strong and SHOULD be a primary playstyle if someone wants to do it and can figure out how keep getting another mount

You SHOULD be able to carry more than 1 for obvious reasons. It's fine as is in the weight department

Stop trying to turn this into Unholy Wars where mount fighting was NEVER used

If anything there should be a mount fighter title and optional expensive add-on armors for mounts and maybe a spear or lance type weapon

Reply #39
You should not be able to carry more than one mount in your personal inventory. It's enough that you can be riding on and carrying a mount.

Reply #40
You should not be able to carry more than one mount in your personal inventory. It's enough that you can be riding on and carrying a mount.

How much to hire Gwanold as a mount for the first month of launch?

Reply #41

How much to hire Gwanold as a mount for the first month of launch?
He's a dwarf, so pretty cheap.

Reply #42
Mount fighting SHOULD be strong and SHOULD be a primary playstyle if someone wants to do it and can figure out how keep getting another mount

You SHOULD be able to carry more than 1 for obvious reasons. It's fine as is in the weight department

Stop trying to turn this into Unholy Wars where mount fighting was NEVER used

If anything there should be a mount fighter title and optional expensive add-on armors for mounts and maybe a spear or lance type weapon

It was used on EU. You can see a few mounts and a champion disrupting a whole force. 5:55 -> https://youtu.be/sBuGHoyR3n4?list=UU0_VW9AFlp6iCb6mNpqAZ2Q&t=356

Regardless, limiting the number of mounts you can carry is a stupid mechanic, because it hurts transporting of mounts for your friend for example. Putting it into your summoned mount is extra tedium. I would rather go halving the channel time on unspawn and adding it to spawn mount channel time. Mounts would be more of world objects this way, having a mount already summoned can have an advantage, so would mounts that are left on the battle field.

Btw, unsummon time on mount has been increased half a year ago for no reason. Uber said they are experimenting, with what? More time wasted?

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #43
Well, if you want to transport mounts (and don't care about realism) you could change mount figurines into:
* mount figurine (inactive) - weights 50 kg
* mount figurine (primed / active) - weights 150 kg

takes 10 seconds to spawn a mount from inactive figurine
spawning a primed mount is instant, same as now

and when unspawning you have the options:
* unspawn as inactive (20 sec)
* unspawn as active (5 sec)
  • Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 01:44:47 pm by Wyverex
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
I'm split with regards to the amount of mounts you can carry. On one hard, I love the idea of mounts being spawned at all times, so you can only ride one!

On the other hand, with the nerfs to bunnyhopping, it will just be a Zerg vs Zerg game, where smaller groups have no chance to reset a fight or escape.

So, as a comprise. I think you should only be able to carry one mount, but also ride a mount, and leave it spawned at your own risk!
TooLate TheHero - LFC till I die