Skip to main content

Topic: New Player here. Could need some Help =) (Read 1150 times) previous topic - next topic

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: New Player here. Could need some Help =)
Reply #15
They might be casting stamina2health and not heal self in the video.

Reply #16
Well see yourself I guess (If he healed in this Video)
Its a pretty Old one but I got it from the Forum here so yea.

Also... how is he switching skills so Fast without having them on the Hotbar even?? ;O

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
you can bind a hotbar slot to a hotkey directly. you won't have to swap to that hotbar to access that specific slot that way.
I made a guide how to set up your hotbar and weaponsbar.
link:
https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,5567.0.html

point 4 explains how to bind a keys to a hotbar slot.
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #18
Holy hell thats complicated ;O

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
it is unfortunately not very intuitive, but you can do a lot with it. if you need any help or have any questions feel free to pm me.
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #20
Good to have you aboard, @Skari2603

We need fresh eyes. If you see anything else that is really unintuitive or flat out sucks from a new user perspective, I urge you to go ahead and make a thread about it in Bugs & Feedback or Suggestions. When in doubt, post it. Most old players have learned by habit to selectively ignore parts of the game that don't make any sense.

The dev team is very responsive and helpful, but they have a lot of work ahead of them. The user experience of this game is comprised of layers and layers of patchwork, so many remnants of older versions remain to confuse people. Example: the quest you mentioned telling you to equip a pickaxe when pickaxes haven't existed for at least three months (which I already posted here: https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,6860.0.html )

Welcome to Darkfall!
Duce Vonfossen in game.

Reply #21
Example: the quest you mentioned telling you to equip a pickaxe when pickaxes haven't existed for at least three months
Welcome to Darkfall!
Right , at least three months.

It's literally been removed 15 days ago , not 90
  • Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 10:08:25 am by Sup Dude

Reply #22
Well I have to say I'm not against many Hotkeys. I can handle that. But the System in Place for setting them up and combining them or how ever you can call it, kinda scares me away.
Im at the very start of the game, I dont have much Spells yet, but the space is running out already on the first bar.
So your confronted pretty early in the Game with this (atleast for a new player) complicated System.
I just dont know where to start when setting it up.
I saw the most people in Videos having their Weapons on 1-4 on the Left side Hotbar.
However, I dont see a bunch of Skills on their Hotbar, but I see them cast like 20 different Skills at the Slot that shows the currently selected Spell.

Another question: How to make an alt? In the launcher I dont see a Option for that. I only have one Character Slot?

Thanks for all the Answers
Skari
  • Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 10:59:47 am by Skari2603

Reply #23
Well I have to say I'm not against many Hotkeys. I can handle that. But the System in Place for setting them up and combining them or how ever you can call it, kinda scares me away.
Im at the very start of the game, I dont have much Spells yet, but the space is running out already on the first bar.
So your confronted pretty early in the Game with this (atleast for a new player) complicated System.

Another question: How to make an alt? In the launcher I dont see a Option for that. I only have one Character Slot?

Thanks for all the Answers
Skari

If you click the bottom right corner of any hotbar slot it opens an option pop up and at the bottom is a big button where if you hit that button and then push a key, the skill in that slot is now bound to that key. The idea is not to switch hot bars for commonloy used important things so heals, weapons food, transfers etc are all linked to a specific key, because things like that you dont want to have to think which hot bar you are on you just want 'this button does that' no matter what you are doing.

No alts without purchase of another account, one toon per account but account numbers arent limited so if you want to sub 10 toons you can have 9 alts though depending on your rig you probably couldnt run that many at a time.
  • Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:04:14 am by Mycke

Reply #24

That sucks tbh. Wanted to start again with a friend today. Well, gonna delete my char then, since I wasnt far into the game anyways.

Reply #25
The bindings do take a little bit getting used to. Helps if you have a naga mouse and being comfortable with using key modifiers (Shift + key etc)

Reply #26

So Ive got this Quests to farm Stone and Timber, and I should get Tools from the first Merchant for this.... but I don't.
He only has some Armor, Containers and Materials, but no Tools for Harvesting.
Seems as if the quest needs updating ?
@Ub3rgames
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #27
once titles are in you won't need as many bindings in theory as well.  so don't get too overwhelmed now while game is still be changed a bit.