Topic: DFO fans get rekt! (Read 1652 times) previous topic - next topic

DFO fans get rekt!
Let's see combat wise:

DND: (after titles version)

Average titles for melee:
- 1 weapon mastery -> PA, WW, Sieze
- Archery title -> Disabling shot
- 3 more titles on number tweaks.
Total: 4 unique abilities from titles, all common abilities (decimated if wearing plate)

Average titles for mage:
- 2-3 mage schools -> 4~6 unique spells.
- 2-3 more titles for number tweaks.
Total: 4~6 unique abilites from titles, all common abilites

- Shitty encumberance system, you need very specific types of armor parts for your build.
- Bunnyhop somewhat solved: Both Stamina and HP drain.
- Timed blocking, interruptable melee swings but can't cancel bow shots or spellcasint, lol.
- 1 hander and 2 hander only balanced at high tier + high enchant against mid tier armor, low tier 1 handers useless.
- No arcane protection
- Magic school based on spells ignoring any protection, 'good thing you farmed your dragon armor, eh?'
- Bad spell effects, most friendly spells are a friendly blind.
- No variety in melee/archery skills, only number tweaking. You can have all the melee skills with 1 title, but, it's okay, you can have your melee identity by a different weapon choice (90% greatsword or greataxe) or armor (full heavy or 0 magic encumb with feather) or enchants (stamina efficiency / slashing prot / no more slots since jewelry gone).

UW: (The middle, not the fucked up beginning where everyone quit, not the crystalized ending which most of you didn't play)

- 8 unique spells for your build
- 8 commns skills, (but hardly a choice, mostly 8 given skills for anyone)
- Good gear system (maybe you be melee, range or mage, any gear can have some use for you, melee->extravagant hood etc.)
- Bunnyhop: Only HP drain per struck. (worse than on ND)
- There is no issue with canceling spells or bow shots.
- Static blocking, yet 1 hander and 2 hander balanced. (ND active more fun though)
- No arcane protection (except mage robes chest part)
- Good looking and distinguishable spell effects, friendly spells don't blurr your vision all the time.
- Variety in melee or archery skills.

RoA:

Rummors have it it's dying out already, doesn't matter. But who know, maybe after ND titles, DFO fanboys return there.

So, what did DFO fanboys get? A watered down Unholy Wars, but with a good direcion: All roads lead to Rome, in this case to UW. I said a year ago.  GZ DFO petition. Enjoy, I certainly will ;)

P.S.: Tbh, doesn't matter how Uber fucks it up, the basics that make this game good remain: Backhit, blocking, squirreling, transfers, aiming, full loot and for some of us: forum pvp (most usefull when having a boring day at the office), trashtalk, tea-baging, trolling.

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Re: DFO fans get rekt!
Reply #1
OP is a twat.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Demoting to private.

Reply #3
Are you really that fucking bored?

I like this game, i will play it.

• Kenman
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
We all suffer in the end.

It's darkfall.
twitch.tv/KenMan

Reply #5
Demoting to private.

Please do note that minimum rank of field medics in the army is captain.

Fun fact: this was actually true!
My grandma did military service after she finished medical university (and graduated for general practicioner), and captain rank was what every doctor was given by default.
My grandpa was conscripted before going to medical school, (also was 3 years in Russian prison camp at WW2) and after he came home and finished medical school to be a doctor, his military rank was updated to captain as well.

"Things just got worse."

Reply #6
Demoting to private.

Please do note that minimum rank of field medics in the army is captain.

Fun fact: this was actually true!
My grandma did military service after she finished medical university (and graduated for general practicioner), and captain rank was what every doctor was given by default.
My grandpa was conscripted before going to medical school, (also was 3 years in Russian prison camp at WW2) and after he came home and finished medical school to be a doctor, his military rank was updated to captain as well.

E1 navy for the marines and I'm pretty sure it goes the same for the Army. You're thinking field Hospital not field medic.

Edit- at this point I would take a unholy wars knockoff over this shit. This current build won't go 60 days

I said in the other thread it feels like Ub3games made a design lead change somewhere between patch 3 and now. I was critical of a few things but it seemed the majority of changes were really good and now it's a hard left into WTF.
  • Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:14:09 am by mezferic

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
You're in the wrong clan now to be making these posts. Rats are firmly involved with team Yes-Men.

How's that better company working out for you, sleazebag?

Reply #8
UW was a great game, despite it's flaws, no doubt. I think ND will be fun too. I'm excited for localization, which I wish UW had done; and I miss the bigger Agon.

Reply #9
You're in the wrong clan now to be making these posts. Rats are firmly involved with team Yes-Men.

How's that better company working out for you, sleazebag?

It's "Yes ma'am!".
"Things just got worse."

Reply #10
Jokes on you, you mention UW every second post but it will luckily never return. They would still have to butcher the fundamentals and soul of this game and add some nice ice skating to have it become UW, at which point noone would be left playing but you again.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
Jokes on you, you mention UW every second post but it will luckily never return. They would still have to butcher the fundamentals and soul of this game and add some nice ice skating to have it become UW, at which point noone would be left playing but you again.

And nataz. They could duel 24/7, yay.

Reply #12
I honestly didnt read past the title
tldr please

Reply #13
I honestly didnt read past the title
tldr please

went something like

"im a little wanker who loves uw, ub3r loves uw, fuck df1 fan bois reeeeeeeeeeeee"
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #14
Just got a steam message from a friend I sent to free-trial who only played UW. I steamed him "thoughts?" his response "darkfall 1 sucks".