Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: About Titles (Read 25702 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Discussion: About Titles
Reply #585
@kingwae  Bye

Reply #586
Dont let the door hit you on the way out....

Reply #587
O M G. Our clan is SO EXCITED and the titles look solid! Keep it up!

Reply #588
Nice game might be fun at start With good population then it will slowly die out and all you happy nerds will cry about rock paper scissor darkfall . We have been fucked in the ass three times already by darkfall and im not gonna stick around for a 4th time. Adios amigos :D

bye loser
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #589
Nice game might be fun at start With good population then it will slowly die out and all you happy nerds will cry about rock paper scissor darkfall . We have been fucked in the ass three times already by darkfall and im not gonna stick around for a 4th time. Adios amigos :D
I do not want your stuff, but feel free to give me your Hayland as I need someone to carry me in fights.

Preferably literally.
Proud member of TD.

Reply #590

bye loser
bye Chang

Reply #591
I do not want your stuff, but feel free to give me your Hayland as I need someone to carry me in fights.

Preferably literally.
sorry hes coming with me to guildwars 2 unless you pay good money

Reply #592

bye loser
bye Chang

your a bitch, you will be back once i make new dawn great again.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #593

bye loser
bye Chang

your a bitch, you will be back once i make new dawn great again.

#maga

Reply #594
TLDR:

tough shit if your group comp is being owned by another, either have more pvp accounts as back up or log off for a week to respec

oh the tears in march will be epic once people realise its gonna take 60days to switch to the apparent FOTM
  • Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:48:37 pm by Leg enD

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #595
There will be no FotM builds though, indev will have everything balanced perfectly for all scales of combat.

Oh no wait...that is going to happen post launch.
Well...guess we will all be rotating the title slots around at similar speeds at least.
Casual and no-life alike, its 60 days...

The problem is ofcourse, the nolifers will know whats OP and by the time the casuals catch on to swap the next balance patch is around the corner...Cant win em all i guess

Reply #596
There will be no FotM builds though, indev will have everything balanced perfectly for all scales of combat.

Oh no wait...that is going to happen post launch.
Well...guess we will all be rotating the title slots around at similar speeds at least.
Casual and no-life alike, its 60 days...

The problem is ofcourse, the nolifers will know whats OP and by the time the casuals catch on to swap the next balance patch is around the corner...Cant win em all i guess

If only we had a example of open world PvP with specs (age of conan for instance) and some sorta time machine to see what having no character respec options, then respec but a penalty, then no penalty to change character spec/skills did to the game population. 😉 i guess its better then starting with locked in spec choices? 😒
  • Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:41:37 pm by mezferic

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #597
With no character respec options, you are basicly forcing rerolls constantly.
From vets that come up with new strats (needing alts to even try stuff), to newbies that want a different playstyle, to just picking a wrong skill/title and being stuck with it.

With limited respec, the penalty being time, you allow some adjustments but full rebuilds require 2 months to settle in basicly.
Its a harsh penalty for sure, but make it too light and you go towards the last of your list.

No penalty means people swap based on the situation they are going to face when heading out. This leaves players with no permanence to their character. One day they are a master bowmen, the other an expert assassin with daggers, the next a powerfull fire wizard.
It also makes any unbalance in titles worse, as its basicly an RNG game on what setup you headed out with.
Its not 1 or 2 people out of 30 with the perfect setup, its all or nothing (or much more towards that end)

RPG's are always a fine balance between the three.
You arent stuck with something, but it may forever leave a mark on you.
You arent free to swap everything either, because history matters.

Reply #598
With no character respec options, you are basicly forcing rerolls constantly.
From vets that come up with new strats (needing alts to even try stuff), to newbies that want a different playstyle, to just picking a wrong skill/title and being stuck with it.

With limited respec, the penalty being time, you allow some adjustments but full rebuilds require 2 months to settle in basicly.
Its a harsh penalty for sure, but make it too light and you go towards the last of your list.

No penalty means people swap based on the situation they are going to face when heading out. This leaves players with no permanence to their character. One day they are a master bowmen, the other an expert assassin with daggers, the next a powerfull fire wizard.
It also makes any unbalance in titles worse, as its basicly an RNG game on what setup you headed out with.
Its not 1 or 2 people out of 30 with the perfect setup, its all or nothing (or much more towards that end)

RPG's are always a fine balance between the three.
You arent stuck with something, but it may forever leave a mark on you.
You arent free to swap everything either, because history matters.

I agree with everything you said but the reality is the majority  of players want to switch without a penalty if it's a single character per account system pretty concisely ever time somebody tries this. Now will the difference between 1 and 100 title rank really matter? is the big question. Who knows till we get the patch. Will probably make all this back-n-forth mote

Reply #599
They did say titles are gonna be front-loaded.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club