Skip to main content

Topic: leather armor rank distinction (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

leather armor rank distinction
Is it possible to do same thing for leather/bone as for robes? Simple color distinction would be enough. It's a piece of important information what rank of gear your opponent is wearing.
  • Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:14:28 pm by wildNothing

Re: leather armor rank distinction
Reply #1
Yes please

Reply #2
We agree it is an important information to display, and it is technically possible to do.
We have a few artistic projects going on, then we'll get back to replacing our placeholders.

Note that it is more time consuming than it sounds, even just recoloring.
For context, robes took us about a month of work, and they are a fraction of the number of items to edit.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I am willing to contribue my paint skills for the cause.
As a disclaimer, even a 3 year old would scoff me for the work i do (if you can call it work...)

Reply #4
I am willing to contribue my paint skills for the cause.
As a disclaimer, even a 3 year old would scoff me for the work i do (if you can call it work...)

hell no

Reply #5
We agree it is an important information to display, and it is technically possible to do.
We have a few artistic projects going on, then we'll get back to replacing our placeholders.

Note that it is more time consuming than it sounds, even just recoloring.
For context, robes took us about a month of work, and they are a fraction of the number of items to edit.

Ya and just look at how those turned out. Someone needs to have a talk with the artist that picked those colors

I heard the French have an unusual sense of art, but i cant wear those robes and be taken seriously like the evil alfar i am!

You should of made at least one mostly black. I'm trying to look like a magical badass NOT the easter bunny or some girl healer from WoW

Now i HAVE to wear bone armor even though im mostly mage

Reply #6
Robes look much better in-game than they did in the previews.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #7
Robes look much better in-game than they did in the previews.
Only mastery robe looks good IG. Because it's dark and this is darkfall. Every other robe makes you look like parrot and does not fit color wise in the game. They look terrible. But at least you can tell what rank of robe someone is wearing.
  • Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:41:45 am by wildNothing

Reply #8
Changing the colors of 3 robes and 3 hoods took almost 1 month? I am not a developer/artist but this sounds like 2-4 days of work.
I think we can forget about leather armors,  10 pieces instead of  2(robes)