Skip to main content

Topic: Rage animation is only visible to caster (Read 722 times) previous topic - next topic

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Rage animation is only visible to caster
Reply #15
The animation is client side and not part of the server side client engine
Facepalm, you should stop pretending.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #16
I'm honestly dumfounded here. That's why I'm asking for a detailed example. Let's give him a chance to back up that he knows the reason.
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

Reply #17
I'm honestly dumfounded here. That's why I'm asking for a detailed example. Let's give him a chance to back up that he knows the reason.

Why don't one of you guys explain the 3rd in game view option (1st person magic/archery,  3rd person melee/weapon,bow,staff sheathed, [insert here] )in game instead. Since that's in game too but I doubt very few are even aware of it.

It's not that I don't love arguing endlessly about something I was just making an observation on the forums here that anybody else in-game can see for themselves, but yeah I don't love it.
  • Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 02:22:40 am by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #18

Why don't one of you guys explain the 3rd in game view option (1st person magic/archery,  3rd person melee/weapon,bow,staff sheathed, [insert here] )in game instead. Since that's in game too but I doubt very few are even aware of it.

It's not that I don't love arguing endlessly about something I was just making an observation on the forums here that anybody else in-game can see for themselves, but yeah I don't love it.
Give me an example and explain it to be like I'm 5.

I want to learn something. Clearly you must know something i don't.

Reply #19

Give me an example and explain it to be like I'm 5.

I want to learn something. Clearly you must know something i don't.

I had no idea about this bug. Should be an easy fix.

You didn't even know this was a bug till your read it here and its been in game since rage was introduced 2009?, but apparently super observant that your comeback is eil5? Ya, ok. Thanks for the constructive conversation I learned a lot?

Reply #20
@Ivar_theBoneless
What the fuck is wrong with you? You said you know of an example about hand movements while casting or something. I'm honestly asking for a detailed description of this example. Stop making yourself into a meme

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Ivar's not making himself into a meme. He's been the inverse of uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite for a long time already
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

Mounted/ resting view mode.
Or the 1st person mode when no weapon is unsheathed...You can press F12 to go into a weird first person mode to revive from longer range, or skin from further away
I mean, either are different from the things you list and allow for stuff that isnt normal in the other.

One of them has an animation for it though, so im guessing its not resting...

What was the point of this question though, i feel like character animations and view modes are entirely different parts of the coding.
And i could understand view modes to be client side, because it doesnt change whats being displayed.

Reply #23
@Ivar_theBoneless
What the fuck is wrong with you? You said you know of an example about hand movements while casting or something. I'm honestly asking for a detailed description of this example. Stop making yourself into a meme
Because you-everyone always has to come back with a stupid fucking comment in every thread on something referenced in passing that you have seen in game literally a thousand times [generic animations with no armor or skins] but people should stop and explain further because you want more detail again so people can prove they are right-wrong.

Mounted/ resting view mode.
Or the 1st person mode when no weapon is unsheathed...You can press F12 to go into a weird first person mode to revive from longer range, or skin from further away
I mean, either are different from the things you list and allow for stuff that isnt normal in the other.

One of them has an animation for it though, so im guessing its not resting...

What was the point of this question though, i feel like character animations and view modes are entirely different parts of the coding.
And i could understand view modes to be client side, because it doesnt change whats being displayed.

There wasn't a point to the question. I made a reference that they probably used a generic animation filler in the client and implied "maybe" never animated it on the server side and they wanted me to defend my position because apparently this is where we are at on the forums. The ND forums are like glancing at YouTube comments now.

/and yes nuyur that's exactly what I was referring too

• Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:26:35 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #24
Ivar, i wanted an explanation to
"It might only be third person. This is done a lot because it saves you a ton of man hours."
With how it works for rage animation. I'm completely lost on how a model that already has the animation saves a ton of man hours by not having the animation visible to other players.

You're so defensive you can't even explain shit

Reply #25
You guys need to learn that ivars always right and that theres no point in him explaining anything to anyone, hes on another level of counciousness, just shut the fuck up and like his posts

And admire him too, hes a though man who likes football, faps whenever he wants to, has a wife with great tits and a job with meetings
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:16:02 am by inkarnation
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state

Reply #26
We dont want Rage to be a magic ability with a melee weapon now do we? Rage is inside the head. Just followed the logic that is thrown at the physical playstyle that want some own abilities.

Reply #27
We dont want Rage to be a magic ability with a melee weapon now do we?
Too late, it is already. Very strong ability. It's invisible on top of it.

Reply #28

No, Rage is a mental state that effect physical ability, no need for a hokuspokus animation.
The visual effect, for user only, makes sense in terms of knowing that the ability actually went off. Regardless, the problem is insignificant compared to not knowing which spell getting loaded-up other than what school it belongs to.

Reply #29

No, Rage is a mental state that effect physical ability, no need for a hokuspokus animation.
The visual effect for user only makes sense in terms of knowing that the ability actually went off. Regardless the problem is insignificant compared to not knowing which spell getting loaded-up other than what school it belongs to.
you would rather have spells with no casting animations at all? Because this is what's going on with Rage.
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:46:10 pm by wildNothing