Skip to main content

Topic: shrink the game world (Read 2338 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: shrink the game world
Reply #60
We can have fun in this game but not in this huge world. please listen to ur comunity who really want ur success
If you define "fun" as hunting and killing other players, you may be surprised that there are players out there, who don't care at all about PvP. So the size of the world is fine. It is always the "wolf VS sheep" discussion: If you shrink the world and leave no place for the "sheep" to live in relative peace, "sheep" will stop logging in and you end up having the same 50 people fight each other over and over again like it was at the end of DFO or like it is in RoA now.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #61
We can have fun in this game but not in this huge world. please listen to ur comunity who really want ur success
So the size of the world is fine.
Sounds like you would enjoy playing Darkfall Simulator

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #62
We dont need a smaller world, we need a larger world with more stuff to explore and kill. We need more islands. Faster and more accesible ships, fixes to waterhopping and so much more.

We have to make travelling and the general gameplay more interesting and exiting. Its too repetive and gets boring after a few weeks for new players.

Reply #63
shrink my dick and maybe i'll stop raping everyone

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #64
shrink my dick and maybe i'll stop raping everyone
Best line in this thread
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #65
online will be low even with smaller world,and clossed DF UW is a proof.

Reply #66
If you define "fun" as hunting and killing other players, you may be surprised that there are players out there, who don't care at all about PvP.
then why everyone have a pvp main and crafters alts? lol

Reply #67
If you define "fun" as hunting and killing other players, you may be surprised that there are players out there, who don't care at all about PvP.
dont see gatherers/crafters on the server either. if there is just 10 players who dont care about pvp,than its low amount.

Reply #68
No, no, and more no. Yes, for some more options for faster travel (ships, roads), but no for making the world geographically smaller or instant travel.

I love that the game world is huge. I love that travel means something, spawns are wide apart (yet mobs can see far enough to surprise you), and that you can pick your area to play and deal with the locals and occasional raiders from further out. This is all very immersive and is unique in fantasy mmos, as far as I can tell.

There are plenty of options for you if you want  a small world mmo (in square units or instant travel), even another Darkfall mmo.

We need to understand this is a niche game; @Ub3rgames certainly does, and are carefully making it into the kind of world they want to play in. I hope they stick to their guns. It'll never have a huge pop; that's part of being niche. But if they see this through and keep this vision they shouldn't have any problem getting enough loyal and happy players to keep the game going.
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:28:36 am by pellaz
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #69
Much better idea is to return world back to original size from df1

Reply #70
??
This is exactly the same world from df1....

Reply #71
??
This is exactly the same world from df1....

That left me scratching my head, too.
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.