Skip to main content

Topic: village/upkeep (Read 1309 times) previous topic - next topic

village/upkeep
Here - solution to village/upkeep problem. Villages should be connected to holdings (in a static way, every village to one specific holding that the village lies closest to). Villages should become active randomly but always within siege time window set for a holding they are associated with. Some holdings may have more villages connected, some none.

In other words only change would be that the timer will always be in the owner of holding siege window/prime time. Nothing else changes. Giving land owner an advantage and local pvp content in their prime time window, but not a sure capture.

Also by connecting village activation with siege windows most of the villages (if not all) would activate at EU or NA prime time. Not like now, when a lot of them are active in some strange hours, for some lonely guy on sick leave to capture, while sometimes there is only one or two active on the other side of the world when most of the players log in.

At the same time people will not fuck with siege window to place it outside of their prime time to make it more difficult for others to siege, as this way they would lower their chance of capturing connected villages.

OR

It would be even enough to leave villages as they are, with sliding timers, but make them slide through prime time window hours only. So 6h in NA prime time, 6h in EU prime time. Never really activating outside of these 12 hours of EU and NA prime time combined.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:11:48 am by wildNothing

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: village/upkeep
Reply #1
your ideas what villages should be overlaps too much with what watchtowers are going to be.
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #2
your ideas what villages should be overlaps too much with what watchtowers are going to be.
How? Could you please explain?

Reply #3
And when the two holdings it's linked to have wildly different windows?

Reply #4
And when the two holdings it's linked to have wildly different windows?

Each village would be connected to one holding only, in a static way - means forever. That's why some holdings will be more valuable (village connected), some less. When you control the land by conquering the city that is connected to a village your siege timer applies to connected village also. But there your influence on the village ends. Every one can capture/plunder it to get the rewards. But it will always happen in land owner prime time (siege window) to never cut local land owner off from the local content.
  • Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:48:08 pm by wildNothing

Reply #5
Terrible idea. That means that areas will be forced to be NA or EU. If you happen to be NA in an area occupied by EU, bad luck...
The game needs more content that's available to all every now and then. Villages should be shifting, but we need more pvp hotspots, not... this...
Dunnin Dainstaff - SupremeGeneral of TTD

Reply #6
Terrible idea. That means that areas will be forced to be NA or EU. If you happen to be NA in an area occupied by EU, bad luck...
The game needs more content that's available to all every now and then. Villages should be shifting, but we need more pvp hotspots, not... this...
Are siege windows also a terrible idea? Because in my suggestion villages would activate in the same period.

What we have now has all the problems that you find terrible, while at the same time it cuts local players (land owner) from local content off. For weeks.
As I said before, it was not my idea to connect upkeep payment mechanic to a once a day timer controlled event. Ub3rgames decided to do that. But with my idea at least game would not cut off local land owner in the localized world from local content.

Also have in mind - all villages in the world would be connected to prime time windows. So quite a lot of them would activate in your prime time, no matter if you are EU or NA. So it wouldn't be like now, when you have literally one or two villages, sometimes on the other side of the world that you need to go to if you want any action. There would be plenty everywhere for you to chose from in your prime time. Even if your holding is not connected to a village. And your neighbor is from different time zone.
  • Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 09:13:24 am by wildNothing

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
If it's not the.only possible local content then I'm fine with it.

Reply #8
Oh, and by connecting village activation with siege windows most of the villages (if not all) would activate at prime time. EU and NA prime time. Not like now, when a lot of them are active in some strange hours, for some lonely guy on sick leave to capture.

I've just logged in - EU prime time, Friday evening - and there is literally not a single village in whole world to capture. Bad design.

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
system wont work correctly without local banking and instant travel in the game.  Too easy to cap all points in the same time frame.

Reply #10
system wont work correctly without local banking and instant travel in the game.  Too easy to cap all points in the same time frame.
First of all, the more villages activate at the similar time, the harder it is to capture them all (as you can't be everywhere at the same time). Second of all, there will be local banking and no instant travel. So we're good.

Reply #11
Bad idea

Reply #12
Bad idea
Such post, with zero arguments is nothing more but a bump to my suggestion. Thank you.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
Watchtowers are going to make sieging harder. Because you need to actually clear a path to the walls to be able to drop.
Have a big enough zerg, with enough people across all time zones, and you can lose 15 hours a day and still stay protected.
Provided you can bank up enough stuff to keep building watchtowers in the time you are able to take lands back.

So no, siege windows will not always be used to align with your prime time of your clan.
There's a very good reason not to, which is...if there's a massive blob of a single time zone trying to siege you.
You'd swap to make it a ton harder on them, at the cost of a few off hour watchtower destructions that should never come close to actually sieging your holding.

That's skipping past the part where a single holding, even if upkeep was increased 10 fold, doesnt require villages at all.
Its ENTRY level pvp, which gives med rewards for all players involved. While clans may look to make use of this, its not IN ANY WAY required to keep a holding. Which means, "giving up" your villages because you moved your siege window isnt really a big deal.

Lastly, keep in mind that holdings are meant to be populated. If there's 20+ people in every hamlet, and 100+ in every city...howmuch med points do you require of off each member living there a day to keep it?
Like 10, 20? Opening a single chaos chest would easily supply you with what you need. Let alone keys/maps/quest and villages.

I understand that you think villages are end game content, but its not what ubergames is intending with them.
As such, stop trying to make them relevant content towards the conquest part of the game.

Reply #14
I understand that you think villages are end game content, but its not what ubergames is intending with them.
Never said anything like this nor suggested it. I don't think villages are end game content. What I said is they got connected with endgame content (which is conquest) by making them one of upkeep payment methods.
Also your "argument" of how people will place siege windows outside of their prime time is just your daydream. Could happen, don't have to. IMO it's highly unlikely.

What I'm saying is that local content in localized world should be available to local land owners. Designing the game in a way that allows this local content to be disabled for most of the time for local land owner is just bad. Especially if localization was their goal from the start.
  • Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 05:13:51 pm by wildNothing