Skip to main content

Topic: ghana (Read 1480 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ghana
Reply #15
So ... only one questions remains.
Saturday or Sunday siege?

And let me be the first one to say - GL HF everyone! :)

question got answered - they aviod fights - ghana got sieged and going live in 21:45h from now.

It is their siege window, how are we avoiding fights? Im going to have to wake up before 9am on a Saturday, it's bad enough.

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16

question got answered - they aviod fights - ghana got sieged and going live in 21:45h from now.

It is their siege window, how are we avoiding fights? Im going to have to wake up before 9am on a Saturday, it's bad enough.
Ignore prometheus, that guy is mentally disabled in a special way.
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
S&D put their siege window at EU-Dodge-Mode, now complains we sieged in their own assigned siege window.

We had two options, drop at 4 AM for a siege that ranges from 1-3 AM midnight on a Friday, or drop at 12 AM for a siege that ranges from 9-11 AM on a Saturday morning.

You left us no real alternatives, you were apparently OK with this - it is YOUR OWN SIEGE WINDOW.

Edit: And there you have it folks, this is the reason Uprising sieges anyone allied to NA based clans; For launch we want our neighbors to play when we play for maximum activity in our holding region. I can't be bothered to deal with morning sieges and zero EU daytime PvP/PvE competition at launch. #MasterPlanRevealed
  • Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 01:23:07 pm by Raap

Raap - Uprising

Reply #18
shure

Reply #19
S&D put their siege window at EU-Dodge-Mode, now complains we sieged in their own assigned siege window.

We had two options, drop at 4 AM for a siege that ranges from 1-3 AM midnight on a Friday, or drop at 12 AM for a siege that ranges from 9-11 AM on a Saturday morning.

You left us no real alternatives, you were apparently OK with this - it is YOUR OWN SIEGE WINDOW.

I'll tell you what I told my guys, our siege window hasn't changed since it was first patched in, and is set to protect the NAs (most of the clan) from work time sieges during the week because that's what people were generally frustrated by, and I really had no intention of changing that every weekend just to fuck with uprising (even though I probably could've made it more difficult)...

If anyone (SKD included) has an issue with the vulnerability times they can direct it at me or Noah, but I heard no complaints when it was first implemented. GLHF Uprising, hoping for a good siege, we'll see what happens, all I know at this point is I'll be there, AU prime time sieges for life :)
  • Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:26:26 pm by TimothyJB

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20

I'll tell you what I told my guys, our siege window hasn't changed since it was first patched in, and is set to protect the NAs (most of the clan) from work time sieges during the week because that's what people were generally frustrated by, and I really had no intention of changing that every weekend just to fuck with uprising (even though I probably could've made it more difficult)...

If anyone (SKD included) has an issue with the vulnerability times they can direct it at me or Noah, but I heard no complaints when it was first implemented. GLFH Uprising, hoping for a good siege, we'll see what happens, all I know at this point is I'll be there, AU prime time sieges for life :)
See you tonight for the walls, and tomorrow for the siege.

I don't say this normally but I will this time; This is a one-off siege, doing sieges at these hours is a pain in the arse for us. I dare not say what our attendance level will be but I will try my best to win this siege. As with all Uprising indev sieges, this was dropped without significant preparation and early notices. Should you defend Ghanalaj tomorrow, then you're most likely never going to see us again unless you yourselves opt to siege us in our own siege window - and we'd welcome getting sieged, for once.

Raap - Uprising

Reply #21

australian prime, yes raap is an aussi ;D
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005

- Ub3rgames "We never saw RoA as competition."

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22
For those curious: Our wardec on S&D was 1.1 million gold, the siege declaration on Ghana costed an additional 450k plus 100k for siege stones/shard. Now, to us gold has no value because villages literally gives us millions, but I do question the sanity of @Ub3rgames when they added a formula capable of reaching these numbers - before the village changes.

Raap - Uprising

Reply #23
They were sane. They realized Giants would purge most clans out of the server, so they stopped them. It worked so well, they don't even bother to log in for defensive sieges either.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #24

Its your window and its at a time to discourage sieges, not for you to have most players on. Our window is 6-12pm gmt not 4-10 am gmt, so you guys have to live with the stupid window you chose.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #25
Firstly I agree with those saying ignore Prometheus, I have no issues with Uprising siegeing us within our vulnerability window, that's what it's there for, no-one else is calling them out for anything, ffs the thread was made by one of our members literally asking for the siege...

@Raap I'm rusty on my siege timings, it's been a while. Can you confirm that since siegestones go live 2(?) hours before the time a siege is dropped (the next day obviously), that the vulnerability window determines when someone can drop, but the actual siege can go live before that? (that was my assumption but never bothered testing)

@Mycke our prime time is set to 2am not 4am. What that means is our primetime starts at 7pm Pacific, ie enough time for most people to get home from work during the week, if I'm correct about my previous assumption a siege could actually start at 5pm or 6pm, so it's already on the early side for NA prime time. Since it's an 8 hour vulnerability window that means that things can go quite late into the evening, but I would assume that for an NA dominant clan we could pull together more numbers late in the evening delaying their sleep rather than while they're at work. To me that means our primetime is set for the most potential players, if you would like to explain how it's not I'm listening because I'm legitimately confused on what all the complaints are about...

• Naos
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Firstly I agree with those saying ignore Prometheus, I have no issues with Uprising siegeing us within our vulnerability window, that's what it's there for, no-one else is calling them out for anything, ffs the thread was made by one of our members literally asking for the siege...

@Raap I'm rusty on my siege timings, it's been a while. Can you confirm that since siegestones go live 2(?) hours before the time a siege is dropped (the next day obviously), that the vulnerability window determines when someone can drop, but the actual siege can go live before that? (that was my assumption but never bothered testing)

cause you marked it with a questionmark, siegestones go live 21 hours after siege was dropped  ;) , think that should be made more clear in the challenge timer cause it gets messed up a lot of times.

btw you are probably right that the siege could be live then already before the siege vulnerability window but well if anyone knows that for sure its raap indeed.
  • Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 06:28:13 pm by Naos

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #27
Grats you sank a junk with 2 cannons using alts while we fought your group... Actually scratch that, you kept running, and running, and running. Literally every single one of you was in a run-away build, hoping to achieve... what exactly?

Questionable tactics side, we regrouped to take a warhulk instead, expecting another fight... We arrived at a deserted Ghanalaj in NA primetime where no further resistance was offered. You're just as disappointing as every other clan in this game.

Help me understand, why do you not play the game you intend to play at launch? Especially not after trash talking my clan and even challenging us to siege you. Why then, do you essentially no-show, despite us going well out of our way to accommodate you for your weird protection window?

Don't answer - no response will justify your carebearism.

Raap - Uprising

Reply #28
Grats you sank a junk with 2 cannons using alts while we fought your group... Actually scratch that, you kept running, and running, and running. Literally every single one of you was in a run-away build, hoping to achieve... what exactly?

Questionable tactics side, we regrouped to take a warhulk instead, expecting another fight... We arrived at a deserted Ghanalaj in NA primetime where no further resistance was offered. You're just as disappointing as every other clan in this game.

Help me understand, why do you not play the game you intend to play at launch? Especially not after trash talking my clan and even challenging us to siege you. Why then, do you essentially no-show, despite us going well out of our way to accommodate you for your weird protection window?

Don't answer - no response will justify your carebearism.
umadbro

Seek and Destroy

• Semu
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #29
I've been told it's been 14 months of Beta, and Raap is still wondering why no one plays :\