Skip to main content

Topic: giants (Read 2245 times) previous topic - next topic

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: giants
Reply #15
Good luck keeping people interested by sieging dead holdings and outnumber the few remaining playing 5:1 at PvP spots.
Blame the game, not the player. Will you ask your clanmates to logoff as your siegeforce is too strong? Will you ask your clanmates to not come to a village as you have too many? Everyone wants to participate, to play the game simply. Pointing finger at Uprising instead of asking devs for content that could bring more players back makes you sound butthurt.

Why nutcupping with Russians tho if you alone field the biggest force atm?
Simply a preparation for the inevitable nutcup coming for us as we're nearing launch. No clan would ever fight us alone, and we played this game long enough to know the drill.

Reply #16
It's ok. Giants don't bite for activity, we can't do much about it. Same will happen as with Lux. We take capitol and move on sieging other clans who might generate fun. Unfortunately there are none left in EU timezone.

My idea on siege targets was, that if we activate the EU clans, maybe they come back and more chance of an EU server, who knows. Guess this does not work and we will have to farm the Americans on weekends. Time for me to learn to melee with GS, daggers will not work with high ping :(
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #17
about time these self entitled idiots lost holdings when they are completely inactive for over  a year other then when sieged

dodgy bastard

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
It's ok. Giants don't bite for activity, we can't do much about it. Same will happen as with Lux. We take capitol and move on sieging other clans who might generate fun. Unfortunately there are none left in EU timezone.

Oh noes, you figured out zerging isn't fun long term? Congratulations. 
Deally Russians and you'll see some fun.

Reply #19
I don't know, maybe Giants have the right mindset. Let's leave this pile of shit until launch and server location are announced.

Just imagine, we test the empty game for years, and then they announce NA server. Good thing EU tested for them. Or another half year passes and still no launch date. I can imagine next patch having 0 improvement based on our feedback.

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #20
If raap really thought there was going to be such a spike in activity that it required allying the russions already...he's an idiot.
He could ofcourse have made plans with them, but to actually ally up already is such a shame.

Maybe in the last month (or two) before real launch population would have picked up a ton.
Free play period, coupled with meditation stacking for personal use, coupled with holding preparation for launch might have done the trick. But even this seems unrealistic currently, certaintly not worth taking all the fun out of the game for (many) months to come.

Having said that, its not like holdings are important enough currently to have losing them be a reason to quit.
Or have losing them become a reason to play. So i think, as odd as it is, giants reaction of "oh, have fun with the holding" is kind of an appropriate response. If they come back they can 100% get a decent holding before real launch. They can top off personal med points and get back into the groove of playing again. Nothing is stopping any vets from playing.

And new players dont benefit, too greatly, from the chaos of team fighting anyway. So when the time comes a lot of them join, thats when uprising (among basicly every other clan) will have to be generous and not get in the way of their adventures and objectives.
(thats not to say, let them take everything...but dont stop them from obtaining anything...)

Reply #21
Good luck keeping people interested by sieging dead holdings and outnumber the few remaining playing 5:1 at PvP spots.
Blame the game, not the player. Will you ask your clanmates to logoff as your siegeforce is too strong? Will you ask your clanmates to not come to a village as you have too many? Everyone wants to participate, to play the game simply. Pointing finger at Uprising instead of asking devs for content that could bring more players back makes you sound butthurt.

Why are you asking me? Ask Raap. :)

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

Why are you asking me? Ask Raap. :)

That was a question in Uprising's general direction.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
Maybe we just do it for the tears?

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
I guess tears > fun for you. Ok.

Reply #25
I guess tears = fun for you. Ok.

corrected

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
I prefer ingame fun to forum fun. Ok.

Reply #27

Personally I dont know, but I'll throw out a wild guess regardless and asume its to get an even bigger force to prepare for whats eventually comming. Also our crystal ball isnt working properly atm so we dont know if, for example, Rats will have 8 at the VCP and we will have 4 or vice versa.

I cant recall similar concerns was raised from your end when Uprising was at the recieving end of a 8v4, cause you need to remember that you fall victim for your own standards as your constellation is very similar to ours.

Reply #28

This is not necessarily true. If you look at our siege forces it is about 50/50 Uprising/Russians. We usually field 5/6 Uprising per siege, sometimes a bit less. If the opposing clans were to work together, Rats (usually brings between 2-4), Horde (2/3), Giants (saw 4 at the siege), (some other random roamers) you could easily outnumber Uprising by itself but not Uprising + Russians.

Reply #29
splain us more!