Skip to main content

Topic: Siege changes (Read 104 times) previous topic - next topic

Siege changes
@Ub3rgames
Not sure of how much of siege mechanic are you planning to change before launch but here are four essential changes in my eyes:

1. introduce two small siegestones or one normal for hamlets (now it's one small one)
2. reduce "number of walls to destroy before bindstone is vulnerable" requirement but move it to siege phase (from usual boring off hour walls destruction - so allow walls rebuilding up until siege starts)
3. remove or cut in half first phase when only siegestones are vulnerable, sieges are simply too long and boring (sieges are constructed in a way that gives defenders all the advantage anyways - city buffs, more hp on bindstone than on siegestones, local bank full of siege resources, etc)
4. siege should start in 24h (let us drop in prime time to fight in prime time, current mechanic forces us to drop outside of prime time for siege to start in it)

• Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:09:34 am by wildNothing

Re: Siege changes
Reply #1
bump

Reply #2
Shouldn't have to destroy any walls. Sieges should be from a walled city to an attacking force. This whole defend the stone for an hr is dogpoo.

Reply #3
Shouldn't have to destroy any walls. Sieges should be from a walled city to an attacking force. This whole defend the stone for an hr is dogpoo.
That's why I said destruction of walls requirement should be lowered in number and moved to siege phase. As normally sieges looked like this - you need to destroy wall/gate for a breach. I think walls destruction requirement is fine if done when attackers are active (not off-hours).