Skip to main content

Topic: Unburden bug with staff scaling (Read 58 times) previous topic - next topic

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Unburden bug with staff scaling
My armour set gets me to 31.07 magic encymbrance.

I casted unburden with cobrastaff (0.67 dmg) resulting in -44 encumbrance bonus, my magic encumbrance drops to 1.30. Okay, maybe it's because of encumbrance enchant - it shouldn't stack.

Then I casted unburden with darkscepter (1.42 dmg)  resulting in -48 encu bonus. My magic encumbrance was still at 1.30.

Weird.

Re: Unburden bug with staff scaling
Reply #1
My armour set gets me to 31.07 magic encymbrance.

I casted unburden with cobrastaff (0.67 dmg) resulting in -44 encumbrance bonus, my magic encumbrance drops to 1.30. Okay, maybe it's because of encumbrance enchant - it shouldn't stack.

Then I casted unburden with darkscepter (1.42 dmg)  resulting in -48 encu bonus. My magic encumbrance was still at 1.30.

Weird.

whats the enchant bonus?
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2

20.23+31.07 = 51.30

Seems unburden always removes 50 encu.

Crap, they're gonna nerf it and I'm gonna sit on 3.30 with a -48 cast..... fail thread! :D

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Feather enchant does not stack with Unburden. So if you got a 15.00 enchant and cast a 50.00 Unburden, you're actually only lowering your encumbrance by 35.00 points. Also keep in mind that encumbrance is not the same as magic encumbrance.

That said, as you found out, there is a bug. ALL buffs have a hard cap, what you see in your system is not accurate. Test Ironskin for example using different staves; the protection on the stats overview of your target will not change because Ironskin by itself easily hits the hard cap for buffs, despite the system messages saying otherwise.

There are more bugs like this. I'm sure these have been reported, @Ub3rgames (?).

Raap - Uprising