Skip to main content

Topic: How shitty can a company be... (Read 1108 times) previous topic - next topic

How shitty can a company be...
So..., mobility and basically any utility is now exclusive for low encumbrance users? or in practical speaking 0 encumbrance users...? I mean how fucking retarded can a game designer be, sorry, but @Ub3rgames how dumb can YOU be?

Basically as a mid or high enc player you cant even disengage mobs.

I havent heard or seen that the current fuck-up will be corrected, but regardless of that you did test this shit for months.

Best regards
5 weeks till October

Re: How shitty can a company be...
Reply #1
So..., mobility and basically any utility is now exclusive for low encumbrance users? or in practical speaking 0 encumbrance users...? I mean how fucking retarded can a game designer be, sorry, but @Ub3rgames how dumb can YOU be?

I havent heard or seen that the current fuck-up will be corrected, but regardless of that you did test this shit for months.

Best regards
5 weeks till October
What thoughtful and well constructed feedback.

Reply #2
I believe that they wish to introduce other types of mobility into the game, more physical as opposed to magical. There are also titles to consider that you can allocate to improve utility. Is there a specific reason for the over the top hostility?
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
he's been hostile towards ub3rgames for months now. probably because he's bitter that his tries to get the UW license from AV hasn't worked out.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #4
Perfect example of how not to formulate your criticism.

edit:spelling
  • Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 04:20:09 pm by fitteslim
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #5
he's been hostile towards ub3rgames for months now. probably because he's bitter that his tries to get the UW license from AV hasn't worked out.
I find that hard to believe, why would anyone want to license that terrible game?
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

Reply #6
I like how heavies cant scale city walls now its a good update IMO.

Reply #7

Best regards
5 weeks till October
What?  Sorry, I only listen to Hero Members.  /Kappa

Reply #8
Sorry that you feel this way, but removing magical utility from physical characters was one of the goals of the magic overhaul.
Both ends of the spectrum have ranged damage, but where purely physical playstyles have melee pressure, purely magical playstyles have utility.
Remember that the two main purposes of specialization in New Dawn is to discourage grinding everything, especially not all magic schools, and to have clearly distinct playstyles.

That said, we do have a few issues with the current setup that we need to address.
We're not satisfied with the amount of options available in the middle of the spectrum. We're considering two options, either an S curve for the impact of encumbrance on utilities, or more likely, reducing the encumbrance of bone armor to be more of a slide towards magical proficiency when combined with leather.
The spell burden also needs to be brought back in line, especially duration wise.

On mobility, we recommend you experiment a bit more with leather armors and slow staves.
Even without enchants or toggle buffs, they have a more sustainable mobility with both begone and shrapnel.
With some practice, it is possible to consistently go faster than sprinting without taking any actual damage and for only a slight increase of stamina cost.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #9
@Ub3rgames   Far too much of a change.  You've made it too much Magefall.  Mobility is just too all-important to remove it completely from any "class". 

Recommend starting by giving Heavies an encumbrance-free Begone.  Mages will still have the advantage of Stormblast, Launch, and Telekinesis.  Agreed that mages should have more utility, but this change is just too much.

Reply #10
Other issues are we are back there mages kill everything with no risk.  A few regs, some simple robes or bone sets, a cheap staff and you are ready to go. For any other roles, you leave a fortune behind.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #11
where purely physical playstyles have melee pressure, purely magical playstyles have utility.
There is one problem with it. To have melee pressure you need high-end weapon with keen for damage and high-end armor for protections or damage, while to have mobility all you need is basic low tier shit as it is enough to be below 0 magic encu.

So melee pushers have to risk a lot and play flawlessly while magic users can risk nothing and still be able to reset fights or simply run away at any point. @Ub3rgames This is the imbalance we are talking about. What mages are able to do utility wise now should be available at the high-end spectrum of magic gear. Not with basic unenchanted gear. Then I would be OK with it. Risk vs reward. Always.
  • Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:18:18 am by wildNothing

Reply #12
Its funny how they have Said multiple times that they Will implement other ways to take care of heavy mobility. Then the majority of the community needs this change to come RIGHT NOW because indev is super important! And at the same time the majority of the community is complaining that patches take to long... Who cares if it's unbalanced? Everyone is rich as fuck and can afford to change spec or loose tons and tons of gear before going broke. 6 months ago I talked to 1 clan leader who had 800 leenspar ingots and nothing to use them on. Just from mines... Play the game and report mistakes to devs and let it go... What is more important: balanced pvp in indev or a lot of new stuff and earlier launch?

Reply #13
Its funny how they have Said multiple times that they Will implement other ways to take care of heavy mobility. Then the majority of the community needs this change to come RIGHT NOW because indev is super important! And at the same time the majority of the community is complaining that patches take to long... Who cares if it's unbalanced? Everyone is rich as fuck and can afford to change spec or loose tons and tons of gear before going broke. 6 months ago I talked to 1 clan leader who had 800 leenspar ingots and nothing to use them on. Just from mines... Play the game and report mistakes to devs and let it go... What is more important: balanced pvp in indev or a lot of new stuff and earlier launch?
If they confirm that there is a problem and that they will fix it (but just not now), most of us will let go. But they explain to us instead that everything is fine. It's pressure vs utility in their eyes, almost balanced. While it's not. This is not that hard to understand.

• Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:29:07 am by wildNothing

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
even if you decide to go the route of changing bone armour to 0 encumbrance please adjust the curve too. it's ridiculous that your secondary effects go from full strength to almost not there anymore when you go over just so slightly 0 magic encumbrance.

there has to be a more gradual effect. even if you keep the exponential curve you need to tweak it so it doesn't increase so quickly.
maybe even have it linear at first and only at a certain point (e.g. 10 magic encumbrance) the curve becomes exponential.
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc