Skip to main content

Topic: Starter Skinner vs Starter Weapons (Read 689 times) previous topic - next topic

Starter Skinner vs Starter Weapons
@Ub3rgames

My typical day in darkfall.... ride to vcp..... pass a crog and decide not to kill it because i have no skinner.  Cap VCP ride past the crog again and decide not to kill it because i have no skinner.  Cap another VCP.  Look at the Crog and decide not to kill it because I have no skinner.

I am WTT all 3 of my "Starter Weapons" for 1 "Starter Skinner"

Thanks,
  • Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 09:01:38 pm by Fruition
Noah Scape - Supreme General of Seek and Destroy

Let the Race Wars begin!   PVP, PVE, DISCORD, SIEGES & FRIENDS

Seek and  Destroy recruiting Blue Alfars.
 /tell Knut Cup or Nilrema Southshaw or salty McPatriot  if interested in joining our ranks.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Starter Skinner vs Starter Weapons
Reply #1
I start all my ready bags with a skinner . :P

Reply #2
Tech we should be able to skin with daggers.

Reply #3
You get kicked out of OTG for leaving your bindstone without a skinner. Discipline!

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
First thing I put on the item counter is a skinner.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #5
TBH I think all skinned loot should just be included with the regular loot with the whole skinning system scrapped.
  • Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:29:59 am by _SeeD_

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
TBH I think all skinned loot should just be included with the regular loot and the whole skinning system be scrapped.
agreed

Even if they plan on having a "skinning" title it just seems like it would just be more tedium
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #7
TBH I think all skinned loot should just be included with the regular loot and the whole skinning system be scrapped.
agreed

Even if they plan on having a "skinning" title it just seems like it would just be more tedium
  I am 100% for this
Noah Scape - Supreme General of Seek and Destroy

Let the Race Wars begin!   PVP, PVE, DISCORD, SIEGES & FRIENDS

Seek and  Destroy recruiting Blue Alfars.
 /tell Knut Cup or Nilrema Southshaw or salty McPatriot  if interested in joining our ranks.

Reply #8
In WoW skinning is for extra loot for those that choose special profession. Poor AV never understood and made it a baseline activity for everyone. I 100% agree that either make those skinning part of looting grave or only allow people with skinning title able to skin graves.  Skinning is duplicate work aka Tedium

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
PvE should be optional, not mandatory

Reply #10
I'm hoping the meditation drain you get when you kill someone is substantial enough to progress your character with the 10x insta-med.  This way someone can stick to a pure pvp play style.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
I'm hoping the meditation drain you get when you kill someone is substantial enough to progress your character with the 10x insta-med.  This way someone can stick to a pure pvp play style.
lmfao.

Do you know how fast a tryhard would max out if that was the case? Holy shit that would be a terrible idea
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #12
lmfao.

Do you know how fast a tryhard would max out if that was the case? Holy shit that would be a terrible idea
To each his own.  Instant meditation will be at a 10x spending rate and picking on noobies won't yield many med points.  If someone wants to tryhard, let them. 
  • Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:52:11 pm by _SeeD_

Reply #13
Given villages are PvP and give the best med by far im sure pure PvPers will have few meditation issues.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Given villages are PvP and give the best med by far im sure pure PvPers will have few meditation issues.
exactly this.

You're literally going to have clans of tryhards bouncing around and roaming from Hintenfau, ottenhall and espenhall from day one (literally what happened in RoA). Count how many villages are in those surrounding areas. When those villages are all capped, they'll be making their rounds killing pve groups trying to find some big game. Those groups will be knowledgeable vets who aren't as good or dedicated and will be some med point piñatas for the tryhards. If skilling up with just pvp alone is a thing then the game is going to be in trouble. They'll do 8 hours of pve/villages and another 8 hours of pvp. They'll easily be on maxed characters in a month if pvp is rewarded that heavy.
  • Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:31:15 am by SomeBK