Skip to main content

Topic: Fire magic levitating knockups (Read 160 times) previous topic - next topic

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Fire magic levitating knockups
You gonna do sth about it @Ub3rgames ? You made the game super smooth and fast paced when comparing to df1, yet you changed the knockups into some weird, slow levitation crap.

The hell were you thinking?

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Fire magic levitating knockups
Reply #1
i doubt that was intentional. they are probably working on a fix for it
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #2
I doubt it was unintended otherwise how could it went through quality assurance. ::)

Reply #3
I doubt it was unintended otherwise how could it went through quality assurance. ::)

They said that the results on the test server were different to what's happened on live and they are looking into why.

Reply #4

lol at that argument, but yeah, it was intended. it's not a bug and gosti knows this, it's just, it sucks?
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #5
It was unintended, it just behaves differently than planned on InDev compared to our testing.
It should be smoother, and we'll be fixing it. We're currently fixing durability and upkeep issues first.

To explain in more details: In order for fire effects to scale like the rest of the effects, we had to redo them.
They should feel different, as in not the same exact type of forces applied, but they should still be in one push, not having multiple "stuttery" pushes. We have a similar issue with the stormblast effect, which applies to lightning strikes as well.
For now we haven't got a solution, but we'll get one. The goal is to have something that feels smooth, even if it is different than in the past.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #6
My bad then, it was a bug after all.. though I remembered them saying something about it and that it's intended, but can't find the post.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Fuck juggling, retarded mechanic
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

Reply #8
Yes, on first report we thought it was about the effect being different, which was known and expected.
Essentially, there were two systems of "force effects" existing, and we brought all into one to have a single logic to maintain and be able to scale them with magnitude and coming modifiers like titles. It was bound to feel different.
Then we noticed the lack of consistency of the effect and its weird multi push aspect, which is what needs to be fixed for the new effects to be properly judged.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.