Skip to main content

Topic: Longest village ownership so far...... (Read 1304 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Longest village ownership so far......
Reply #60
Who the fuck is online at that time. Maybe the Americans can contest it with 22 alts..
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Giants

Reply #61
4 actives, 10 alts. Not really 22... but alts won in the end without using runestones.
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #62
Lol, alts capping village faster than you can kill and gank them. Now that's how true Zerg looks like!
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #63
Lol, alts capping village faster than you can kill and gank them. Now that's how true Zerg looks like!
Just shows how broken capping system is.  Capping must require interaction or item to cap.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #64
It's just backwards logic to scale up rewards for bringing more people, it completely breaks the concept of risk versus reward.

In any other situation in any other game you'd get more for bringing fewer people, and in doing so you are increasing your risk factor for a higher potential reward. Now you just bring all you got for maximum gains and it creates weird scenarios when it comes to player interactions around villages, an inconsistency compared to the rest of the game.

Raap - Uprising

Reply #65
It's just backwards logic to scale up rewards for bringing more people, it completely breaks the concept of risk versus reward.

In any other situation in any other game you'd get more for bringing fewer people, and in doing so you are increasing your risk factor for a higher potential reward. Now you just bring all you got for maximum gains and it creates weird scenarios when it comes to player interactions around villages, an inconsistency compared to the rest of the game.

With spawn scaling and village scaling they allow you to get infinite amounts, and let logistics solve it. I bet we get to full bank staring contest sooner than in any iteration regardless of slow travel and local banking.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #66

it's so people don't go "meh we already have 10 people there i will just go solo something else (and have no fun)"

it's especially good for new players who don't have much confidence. do they really want me there or am i just a hinderance? yes, it's med points for the clan. what if i go and lose all my stuff? med points for me. will my clan be annoyed if i keep losing the eq they make me? they will be a lot more annoyed if we lose our city

it's good to have something in the game where you can show up, do literally nothing, die, and still get something. especially for new players who feel like they are getting ganked at every spawn. they can go walk up to a vcp and click on people until they die, and come out with some nice skill gains for their char
  • Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:45:09 pm by trashsmasher

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #67
it's good to have something in the game where you can show up, do literally nothing, die, and still get something. especially for new players who feel like they are getting ganked at every spawn. they can go walk up to a vcp and click on people until they die, and come out with some nice skill gains for their char

I do not agree with your other assessment, but I do agree with giving something to players for simply participating. Unfortunately, Ub3rgames gutted this effect in a hotfix down into insignificance.

Raap - Uprising