Skip to main content

Topic: Issue with too much gold from villages (Read 295 times) previous topic - next topic

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Issue with too much gold from villages
Seems like the gold from villages been doubled, or even more. What's the reasoning behind this?
I know it's indev so no biggie, but It needs some heavy adjustments and it needs it fast.

Re: Issue with too much gold from villages
Reply #1
The devs commented on this in Discord.

They want the village gold to equate to the gold you'd get from PvEing based on a notional time it takes to travel to and cap the village. At the moment we're all runing across the map and getting villages pretty quickly.

Also the incoming gold curve (mid mobs drop best, high worst and low tier mobs a low amount too (I think)) will affect this.

But the devs no doubt like feedback on this, so post away!

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
I was thinking the same as well, don't know if it was increased because it was meant to be introduced alongside the loot apocalypse and the removal of gold from high end mobs.

Reply #3
it was meant to be introduced as one of the main sources of high end gold, which should ideally correspond to the time spent farming high end monsters and selling the materials on the market places.
The idea is that an individual player of a random clan without holdings has to still see value in spending his time and taking the risk of a gar bag to attempt a capture.
One win should cover multiple losses.

That said, in the current setup, it is too much. We can lower it for now, and buff it later again, when needed.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #4
Gold in general needs a large % reduction from ALL sources not just villages. Then slowly increase it if/as needed. Crafting gold cost needs to be at least trippled for R30+

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Honestly i don't like much stare to a bindstone to gain something, i prefer to be more active for my clan sake that is not only oneside pvp or pve combat.
Trade routes, for example, should be heavily expanded and more added between different hubs across Agon (and so different ways to gain meditation points and gold).
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Gold in general needs a large % reduction from ALL sources not just villages. Then slowly increase it if/as needed.

This. Better start with too low gold rewards than too high.

Reply #7
Gold in general needs a large % reduction from ALL sources not just villages. Then slowly increase it if/as needed. Crafting gold cost needs to be at least trippled for R30+
The lootpolocylpse should change a lot of higher end mob gold drops into mats.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #8
Honestly i don't like much stare to a bindstone to gain something, i prefer to be more active for my clan sake that is not only oneside pvp or pve combat.
Trade routes, for example, should be heavily expanded and more added between different hubs across Agon (and so different ways to gain meditation points and gold).

If at launch you can 'stare at a bindstone' to capture a village the game is doomed. Villages will be the most action at launch I'm hoping for every single village to be atleast a contest between 2 clans, with most being huge free for all! I can't wait.

www.twitch.tv/rawrgasmtv
Rawr Gasm - SG of Giants
"Currently the drifting is entirely in the hands of players. Be better at fighting and you can reduce, even reverse the sliding." - Ub3rgames @ Uprising

Reply #9
Fights with R10 weapons and cloth armor HYPE

But for real, I'm looking forward to fights at launch :)
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #10
Gold will indeed be lowered in other high end activities, that's why VCPs would stand out even for characters that do not need meditation.

And we're looking forward to seeing launch VCP fights too.
We've stalked a few fights so far, and it does seem like the mechanic is playing out as hoped and should scale well with a higher population.
Time will tell. :)

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
We've stalked a few fights so far,
Would explain the occasional previously unexplained loadlag.  ;)

Raap - Uprising

Reply #12
We've stalked a few fights so far,
Would explain the occasional previously unexplained loadlag.  ;)

Which the rest of the team never experiences... you must be allergic to GM's.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #13
We have people that tells us "stop stalking me" but they get what they feel to be a loadlag when none of us are anywhere near them. ;)
Though that could be a random lockup on loading that feeds on paranoia. We're thinking we'll let it be.

Reply #14
We have people that tells us "stop stalking me" but they get what they feel to be a loadlag when none of us are anywhere near them. ;)
Though that could be a random lockup on loading that feeds on paranoia. We're thinking we'll let it be.

Having Raap think you are following him a round can only be good :D
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.