Skip to main content

Topic: Local Banking / Siege question (Read 1357 times) previous topic - next topic

Local Banking / Siege question
Sorry if this question was asked already. Also not sure if "Local Banking" is still a thing or if the idea got abandoned already.

But what if your Holding gets sieged and you lose?
What happens to your Clan Bank and the stuff in the Clan Bank? Tough luck?
Are you adviced to transfer the whole Clan Bank to another City before a siege?

Just curious.

Re: Local Banking / Siege question
Reply #1
search forum local banking siege.

Here are few links.

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,5331.msg78824.html#msg78824

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php/topic,5399.0.html

Without local banking (and removal of instant travel) there is not much reason to bother with DND.

Reply #2
Local banking is a main selling point of New Dawn.
Without it, there is no working economy, no division of labour, no convenience for casual players and no logistics/strategy for clan warfare.
This is not getting changed.

To answer the second set of questions without reading older threads:
When a holding changes hands, all individual and clan assets will be frozen for 10 days before being moved to the nearest valid bank.
You can of course accelerate the process by raiding the city and forcing the bank open, but that would mean transporting the goods out of hostile territory.

If you wish to spare yourself 10 days without specific items, you will be encouraged to clear them from your holdings prior to a siege but you won't be punished if you couldn't make it online.
You should be able to see a siege coming by the behavior of your opponent, for instance if they systematically destroy your watchtowers rather than raid them.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #3
Typical, 5 pages of people agreeing on another vision:
and ub3rgames comes here like it has never happened. Same answer regardless so many posts of player input on the topic. Not surprised many stopped to give ub3rgames any feedback at all.
  • Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 01:54:53 pm by wildNothing

Reply #4
And many players think there should be no local banking at all.

Perhaps Ub3rgames should follow them.

Or perhaps the devs should listen, accept those ideas they think are consistent with their overall approach and move on.

Reply #5
Typical, 5 pages of people agreeing on another vision:
and ub3rgames comes here like it has never happened. Same answer regardless so many posts of player input on the topic. Not surprised many stopped to give ub3rgames any feedback at all.

5 pages disagreeing players with each other, nothing there to see, just as someone phrased it very well:

I lol its shocking to see the discussion regarding something that should be a no-brainer. It's funny to see at what lenghts people will go to prevent sane people to bother play the game.

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #6
I know its hard for some of you to grasp this, but local banking is what saves DF, not what kills it because its already dead and in need of saving and local banking is the cornerstone of that save.

Reply #7
I know its hard for some of you to grasp this, but local banking is what saves DF, not what kills it because its already dead and in need of saving and local banking is the cornerstone of that save.

I know it's hard for you to grasp, but content is what saves DF.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #8
I am looking forward to local Banking and removal of runestones,
Would like some Wilderness portals instead tho and Fast travel on roads.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #9

I know it's hard for you to grasp, but content is what saves DF.

Don't you get it, by its very nature local banking creates content, no I guess you dont.

Merchant: Needs variation in values by region
Crafter: Needs travel time vs convenience to create local need
Transporter: Needs limited instant movement of resources
Guards: Need things being transported
Mat hunter: Needs local scarcity

These are all professions that are either created or their need is greatly expanded just by adding local banking and most of those are non PvP trades things that a global world dont need many of and what is needed can be filled by 1% of the PvP population. To you these may not be content but to many people they are and on the PvP side they are adding warfronts, watch towers, city raids, more competitive vcps etc. which will also all be more meaningful in a localized world.

Reply #10
When a holding changes hands, all individual and clan assets will be frozen for 10 days before being moved to the nearest valid bank.
Thanks for the answer. :)

What is a "valid bank"? Do banks in Chaos Cities count as "valid"? I hope not. Because this will engage the Enemy Force to just camp that Chaos City. Even if the Bank is moved to NPC cities, the Enemy Force will just camp that NPC city, unless you changed that warry clans cannot attack each other anymore in NPC cities.

While I see where Ub3r is coming from and where they want to go, I still disagree and think the opposite will happen: People simply stop bothering, because it is a nuisance. They can't be bothered to remember "Oh where did I put that specific item" or travel 2 hours across the map just to pick up some Items, especially with the risk of getting killed on their ways. I still remember how annoying that was in Eve.

I think local banking only sounds exciting on paper. But people are generally lazy and egoistic. Kill that Merchant and Transporter and make them lose their stuff once or twice and they will call it quits and play RoA. To make this work, you need population. And they need to implement a gank-free scenario. Killing or even robbing other players needs to be as punishable as murder or theft in real life. Otherwise you will still have a gankbox MMO, where nobody cares about the other but just for their loot.

Reply #11
@HarvestR - the tens of thousands of people in EVE seem to think that local banking works. So whilst *you* might find it annoying (I presume because you want ease of access to your loots from any bank anywhere), those who are following DnD likely don't agree with that view. Local banking is - after all - one of the (if not **the**) main differentiator between DnD and RoA.

By the way, it's weird of you to suggest that DnD will become the gankfest and that players will go to RoA to avoid the gankfest. Not sure how you came up with that?

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
But people are generally lazy and egoistic. Kill that Merchant and Transporter and make them lose their stuff once or twice and they will call it quits and play RoA.

Seems you already made your decision, so have a good time playing RoA, they have super fast traveling, portals everywhere, 3 recalls and instant pvp action, this is the game you are loocking for, a lobby pvp arena.

Local banking will be the main selling point here and nothing will change this, all the people supporting this iteration already know this. Move on.

By the way, it's weird of you to suggest that DnD will become the gankfest and that players will go to RoA to avoid the gankfest. Not sure how you came up with that?

Is laughtable since RoA is already a pvp gankbox and the fast traveling is only enforcing this behaviour further. But more power to them if this is what they are looking for.
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:57:24 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #13
@Fnights LoL ... The salt is real. Mature response. You don't even seem to know what you are flaming about. Portal network is "one direction" only. And besides from Bindstone recall and House recall (which both have been in DF aswell) they added Capital recall which costs 1000+ gold and has a 2 Hr cooldown and you can only use it when being blue.
And "instant PvP" ... Hm, since launch I had 3 PvP encounters in the open world. There are some reds, but majority of people is blue. And you don't tell me DND has no "instant PvP"? Whatever you mean by this.

@MaejohI You can't compare Eve and DF. Local banking is surely not the prime reason people play Eve. But I personally think it will be a reason people will not play DND.

And btw: Why do you write "DnD"? "Darkfall: new Dawn"? Or "Dungeons 'n Dragons"?
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:06:04 pm by HarvestR

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
t. Portal network is "one direction" only.

Seems not the case from the dump i posted above? You can go everywhere in a bunch of minutes, the whole purpose of tactic and exploration, pre-siege warfare and roaming is completely destroyed with this pseudo lobby system. It also encourage nutcups.

And besides from Bindstone recall and House recall (which both have been in DF aswell) they added Capital recall which costs 1000+ gold and has a 2 Hr cooldown and you can only use it when being blue.

Since is global banking and you can recall from the dungeons too and without any risk, the economy in RoA will be again ZERO like in the original DF1. Everyone will be everything, autosufficient, soon or later don't matter. So money will become useless and so porting around will be a joke for everyone even if it cost a lot (new players will be heavy penalized with a system like this).

And you don't tell me DND has no "instant PvP"? Whatever you mean by this.

Much less worthless pvp like ganking your same faction without facing any consequence or just do it for the sake of robber the new player at gobbeling spawn, because there will be incetives not to kill your same race, thanks to sharing quest, sharing missions, sharing the spawn with scaling mobs, with race wars warfronts (som ethign they completely removed in RoA), incentives to stay blue with dedicated content, and so this mean more space and sruvivability from roleplayers, PVErs and crafters that don't like much PvP 24/7 but like occasional PvP or feel the dangerous of a open world based on risks vs rewards and play with their friends.
DF map is a very big and detailed world that can be further expanded without be focused only on PvP but also in PVE, with raid bosses, special content and racial missions where everyone instead of gank each other can merge forces for the same purpose.

Sorry, but RoA is pure shit, they please only the old veterans gank crowd and don't give a shit about lots of potential new players that aren't into gankbox but love a meaningfull FFA open world enviroment.

If you refuse to see DF as a full sandbox game where different playstyles can coexist you are indeed in the wrong place and you aren't the target audience of this iteration.
  • Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:23:43 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues