Skip to main content

Topic: Let's Discuss RoA (Read 17963 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Let's Discuss RoA
Reply #840
'Bolts have what looks like an aoe the size of the old rank 50 spells'

No?  You prop mean new r90. Yep, that would be true. Arcane bolt effect was always stupidly large. Even in alpha it kinda blinded you and that has not changed til now.

Reply #841
This Semu kid is fuckin dumb

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #842
It's not even semu...

• Semu
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #843
This Semu kid is fuckin dumb

Says the guy who doesn't even play DND, so he thinks he can comment on the combat. Thanks for your contribution.

Reply #844
stfu now ! With this 4.0er Patch RoA can close their gates.

./thread closed, end of discussion
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005

- Ub3rgames "We never saw RoA as competition."

Reply #845
stfu now ! With this 4.0er Patch RoA can close their gates.

./thread closed, end of discussion

No need to be patronizing tho  ;)

Reply #846
What's kinda of sad is these forums on DND. Are more active then ROA's now and DND hasn't even launched yet.

Reply #847
the rune book might be the dumbest fucking idea BBG have come up with yet. talk about the final nail in the coffin

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #848
what does is it or what does it do? and why is it dumb?
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #849
Actually it ideally fits their vision of game.

Reply #850
what does is it or what does it do? and why is it dumb?

ROA made runestones super rare. You could farm all day and not get one kinda rare. Well now they have introduced a runebook which is soulbound (not lootable if equipped, if not equipped its lootable). You can now mark up to 6 locations in a runebook and it permanently uses the runestone. Each travel uses 2 portal shards I believe. I'm not really up to date on the rarity of portal shards.

Basically what it boils down to is within a month every no-lifer will have 10+ runebooks. They'll have one for each of the subcontinents and one for each racial area if they are smart. Maybe a special one for center dungeon and seatowers etc...

With fast travel its not a terrible idea but once again ROA's implementation is indeed quite bad. No lifers will basically go anywhere on the map they please and casual clans will be pounded into the dirt. I'd expect ROA to increase the drop rate after some complaints and eventually ROA will become teleport city.

Might aswell shrink the world to the size of 4 tiles and let everyone bang.
  • Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 11:50:10 am by Ron Paul

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #851
thanks for the explanation. how many different options for instant travel does RoA have now?
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #852
how many different options for instant travel does RoA have now?
Not enough™
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #853
and why is it dumb?

EVERY mmo that has added fast travel to their persistent open world MMO takes a hit to the player population. More fast travel in a persistent open world MMO world equals less population. Its been proven time and time again, this isn't a theory.

It just kills player interaction which in a MMO and in DF is PvP. Its just amazing to watch them literally go down the check list of how to kill your MMO that's been done by bigger companies with massive budgets on better games.

Reply #854
Just got my reply to this thread deleted because I was promoting New Dawn's distance-based harvesting.  I didn't say anything bad about RoA =(
  • Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:28:05 am by _SeeD_