Skip to main content

Topic: Perma war tutorial : save thousands of gold ! (Read 965 times) previous topic - next topic

Perma war tutorial : save thousands of gold !
Hello everyone !

Even if I'm new to this game, I have quickly learned the ins and outs of playing darkfall... and what to post on the forum ! which is mainly trolls and trash and drama. I have also learned that as long as a bug is not fixed, and if Ubergames has not stated before the discovery of this bug that exploiting this bug is forbidden, well it's allowed to exploit ! I thought that a general rule "Thou shall not bug exploit" would be enough to bring the legitimacy Ubergames desperately needs before droping sanctions, but everyone seems to have forgotten about that. I have also learned when reading a topic about some out of band exploit that grants a free return to bindstone (*wink* *wink* you know that bug), that it is allowed to share and explain an exploit on the forum. Or maybe it's forbidden but you don't get punished nor moderated, I'm getting confused at this point.

Anyway ! Let's get to the heart of the matter. It seems that if you trigger a siege on the last day of a war week (day 7 + couple of hours, so that the siege happens after the end of the war week), it will extend the war duration to... who knows ! Enjoy not having to pay 900k gold for a second war week and maybe a third.

Disclaimer :

1) It might not work. The war may have been, in our case, extended by something else. Feel free to share on this topic what you did to make it work, or not work !

2) I have nothing against Raap nor his clan, although I don't personnally approve of his trolling. This is darkfall, what can we do about this, except fight him ingame the best we can ?

3) I personnally think it's normal to be able to trigger a siege on day 7 of a war week. Otherwise it would mean that the war is only 6 days long. If you pay 900k, you get to right to declare a siege for 7 days and your opponents have to be ready during the virtual 8 days. Nothing wrong for me here.

4) If you have read beyond the sarcasm, you have understood that I don't approve of bug exploiting and that I strongly disagree with the way Ubergames is dealing with the situation. Some might argue that it's the indev server and that we should not be this demanding concerning bug exploit, that everything is getting wiped at release. Well, there is one thing that prevents me to agree with this argument, which is precisely the one thing (with meditation points) that doesn't get wiped at release (from what I have been told, I may be wrong) : who owns what on the map.

Let's imagine for a second and exaggerate for the sake of argumentation : what if someone discovers, two weeks before the release, a huge bug, reports it to Ubergames but doesn't tell anyone else among the players about it. What if this bug takes many weeks to be corrected and cannot be corrected before the release. What if this bug allows this player and his clan to establish their dominion on the map right before the release. Well, if Ubergames reacts the same way that it did for many exploits, there's literally nothing you can do, except trying to use this bug to be able to compete. Is that what this game is about ? Using the same bug as your opponents to be able to compete ? That's the kind of message that I feel Ubergames is sending right now. By the way, after the release, will you get banned for exploiting a bug that takes some time to be corrected ?

Lot of conditions to fulfill for this to happen, but you see my point.

My 2cents.

Re: Perma war tutorial : save thousands of gold !
Reply #1
Hello everyone !

Even if I'm new to this game, I have quickly learned the ins and outs of playing darkfall... and what to post on the forum ! which is mainly trolls and trash and drama. I have also learned that as long as a bug is not fixed, and if Ubergames has not stated before the discovery of this bug that exploiting this bug is forbidden, well it's allowed to exploit ! I thought that a general rule "Thou shall not bug exploit" would be enough to bring the legitimacy Ubergames desperately needs before droping sanctions, but everyone seems to have forgotten about that. I have also learned when reading a topic about some out of band exploit that grants a free return to bindstone (*wink* *wink* you know that bug), that it is allowed to share and explain an exploit on the forum. Or maybe it's forbidden but you don't get punished nor moderated, I'm getting confused at this point.

Anyway ! Let's get to the heart of the matter. It seems that if you trigger a siege on the last day of a war week (day 7 + couple of hours, so that the siege happens after the end of the war week), it will extend the war duration to... who knows ! Enjoy not having to pay 900k gold for a second war week and maybe a third.

Disclaimer :

1) It might not work. The war may have been, in our case, extended by something else. Feel free to share on this topic what you did to make it work, or not work !

2) I have nothing against Raap nor his clan, although I don't personnally approve of his trolling. This is darkfall, what can we do about this, except fight him ingame the best we can ?

3) I personnally think it's normal to be able to trigger a siege on day 7 of a war week. Otherwise it would mean that the war is only 6 days long. If you pay 900k, you get to right to declare a siege for 7 days and your opponents have to be ready during the virtual 8 days. Nothing wrong for me here.

4) If you have read beyond the sarcasm, you have understood that I don't approve of bug exploiting and that I strongly disagree with the way Ubergames is dealing with the situation. Some might argue that it's the indev server and that we should not be this demanding concerning bug exploit, that everything is getting wiped at release. Well, there is one thing that prevents me to agree with this argument, which is precisely the one thing (with meditation points) that doesn't get wiped at release (from what I have been told, I may be wrong) : who owns what on the map.

Let's imagine for a second and exaggerate for the sake of argumentation : what if someone discovers, two weeks before the release, a huge bug, reports it to Ubergames but doesn't tell anyone else among the players about it. What if this bug takes many weeks to be corrected and cannot be corrected before the release. What if this bug allows this player and his clan to establish their dominion on the map right before the release. Well, if Ubergames reacts the same way that it did for many exploits, there's literally nothing you can do, except trying to use this bug to be able to compete. Is that what this game is about ? Using the same bug as your opponents to be able to compete ? That's the kind of message that I feel Ubergames is sending right now. By the way, after the release, will you get banned for exploiting a bug that takes some time to be corrected ?

Lot of conditions to fulfill for this to happen, but you see my point.

My 2cents.

Are we getting raided again? :D

Reply #2
You guessed that right.

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Raap dosen't find bugs, bugs just happens to find him.
LRM - Epoch

Reply #4
Raap dosen't find bugs, bugs just happens to find him.

You are right. Whenever Raap gets contacted by a GM, his immediate response is: What did I do now?  :)

Btw, they were the ones to drop on last minute and extended the siege. All in all, we found a bug that needs to be fixed, we are indev, which is just for that :)

IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #5
Enjoy not having to pay 900k gold for a second war week and maybe a third.

To complete your tutorial:

Right now, it's still better to siege with 5 man alt clan, due to current mechanics, as enemy can't siege back without paying their share of war dec, which I find fair, also the siege will cost much less. War dec with 1 man clan, then fill it up to get the numbers to be able to drop the siege.

Disclaimer:

Game mechanics will change, which will make this obsolete. War decs will not be related to sieging.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #6
Fuck this, a war is not over before ITS OVER!

Reply #7
Enjoy not having to pay 900k gold for a second war week and maybe a third.

To complete your tutorial:

Right now, it's still better to siege with 5 man alt clan, due to current mechanics, as enemy can't siege back without paying their share of war dec, which I find fair, also the siege will cost much less. War dec with 1 man clan, then fill it up to get the numbers to be able to drop the siege.

Disclaimer:

Game mechanics will change, which will make this obsolete. War decs will not be related to sieging.

Thank you for this contribution !

Reply #8
You're what , 1 week old ? 2 max ? By reading your initial post , which is ok , i still can see you've been fed too many shits and lies already on many different topics.
Please let's not turn into a blind sheep hater (  there are enough already since df1 all over the place ) and make your own opinion on all things when you'll be able to , eventho i'm afraid it's already too late.

Reply #9
You're what , 1 week old ? 2 max ? By reading your initial post , which is ok , i still can see you've been fed too many shits and lies already on many different topics.

I am aware that I may lack information. That is why I try not have a definitive opinion on players. About Ubergames on the other hand, it's much easier, I think, to make an opinion on how they handle situations, on a community aspect. You just have to read the rules and then their posts.

If any of the statements in my first paragraph is incorrect, please highlight it and tell me the elements I have missed.

Help me paint myself white :p
  • Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:19:47 pm by EricLePorcEpic

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Honestly it was your clan leader that bugged it, sad that he acts so high and mighty but ends up teaching newbs dumb shit and showing them that "nutcuping" (holding eachother gently by the nuts) with mercs is the way to go.

Also what exactly is the point here? That Ub3r should enforce the tedious BS that is wardecs atm? GTFO plz kthxbai!

Ps: gj on not writing it in french :D
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

Reply #11
Help me paint myself white :p

For starters, don't post your drama into the Guides and Player Help section.
@Ub3rgames should remove this thread and move it to either bugs or ask you not to publicly release how to exploit bugs on forum.
"Things just got worse."

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Honestly 90% of stuff you say is heavily un/misinformed.

As for after launch rule enforcement: when they can affird actual GMs and not their own devs, yes exploiting will likely get cracked down on heavily. But obviously it fucking takes more than 2 GMs lol.

Also expecting people not to exploit a bug that makes the game easier (removes tedious tasks) is very naive.

But again this is a case of server paranoia and people feeding lies to others, so that whenever Raap is even remotely involved in something that has bugged out he gets blamed.

Fucking piece of shit hypocritical community in some places here tbh.
Kjaetlan Bjornsen of Uprising

Reply #13
UBER has said it so many times and people just don't get it! Indev excists to help them fix the game, that means that they want people to be encourouged to find and report exploits without being afraid of the ban. Even by abusing exploits, UBER gathers data about how people can exploit the game in different ways. You would need 10x the current pop to gather the same data if the rules you say were enforced.
AND ABOVE ALL SOME PEOPLE WOULD BE BANNED FOR NO REASON, BECAUSE THESE EXPLOITS CAN ALSO BE ACCIDENTAL! GOT IT?
And like someone else said they can't bother playing judge during indev, it's a stupid waste of precious time to do it.
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

Reply #14
Honestly it was your clan leader that bugged it

Wait, what ? Even if he bugged it first, I don't mind someone causing a bug. It is exploiting afterwards that matters.

sad that he acts so high and mighty but ends up teaching newbs dumb shit and showing them that "nutcuping" (holding eachother gently by the nuts) with mercs is the way to go.

Irrelevant to the topic.

Also what exactly is the point here? That Ub3r should enforce the tedious BS that is wardecs atm? GTFO plz kthxbai!

There are a lot of solutions, manually forcing the end of the war for example. I wouldn't mind being use as a test subject, as long as it is clear.

For starters, don't post your drama into the Guides and Player Help section.
@Ub3rgames should remove this thread and move it to either bugs or ask you not to publicly release how to exploit bugs on forum.

I want to help the new players so that they don't get lose like I was. They have the right to know how things are going here ! You don't want to help the new players ? That is not very nice of you.

Honestly 90% of stuff you say is heavily un/misinformed.

That is very vague. Can you be more specific ?

As for after launch rule enforcement: when they can affird actual GMs and not their own devs, yes exploiting will likely get cracked down on heavily. But obviously it fucking takes more than 2 GMs lol.

Happy to read this.

Also expecting people not to exploit a bug that makes the game easier (removes tedious tasks) is very naive.

I call this not being a jerk. Are you a jerk ?

But again this is a case of server paranoia and people feeding lies to others, so that whenever Raap is even remotely involved in something that has bugged out he gets blamed.

Again, I would like to know what are these lies you are talking about. As for Raap, I think I made myself clear that I have nothing against him.

UBER has said it so many times and people just don't get it! Indev excists to help them fix the game, that means that they want people to be encourouged to find and report exploits without being afraid of the ban. Even by abusing exploits, UBER gathers data about how people can exploit the game in different ways. You would need 10x the current pop to gather the same data if the rules you say were enforced.
AND ABOVE ALL SOME PEOPLE WOULD BE BANNED FOR NO REASON, BECAUSE THESE EXPLOITS CAN ALSO BE ACCIDENTAL! GOT IT?
And like someone else said they can't bother playing judge during indev, it's a stupid waste of precious time to do it.

Don't yell at me, i'm not stupid.

In my opinion, Ubergames should be way clearer on what they want us to test and exploit, and what they don't, as it can be taken very badly by some players. How could we blame them ?

Release map should not be the same as the indev ending.