Skip to main content

Topic: 5v5 Tournament postponed (Read 3076 times) previous topic - next topic

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: 5v5 Tournament Saturday 4-22-17 7pm GMT April 22nd 2017
Reply #30
This tournament isn't aimed at quantity of teams. @XTeam That's awesome that you guys would bring 2-3 teams if this was a 2-3 man tourney but it's not. It's a 5v5 tourney so I'm sure the Russians can be represented by one 5 man team. If crimson and SKD can each show with five without me, I'm sure Rats/MJ, The Horde, IKMC can have their team along with any other players we've seen around sieges. Like I said, if they don't sign up, it's because they have some phobia or ego issue.

Any other cool tourney ideas can be set up by someone else. This 5v5 tourney is specifically for our entertainment and to gauge what clans are active enough to participate
We didnt have a stack 5man, if we got, we better play in dota/cs/someshit, then that game.
Almost all russian's are playing with 1/2 friend's and stack up only on siege's
I understand Xteam, I really do enjoy fighting you and your clan mates. We hope you can make time to form a team of five to be able to attend the event
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #31
I doubt the horde will field a 5 man team for this event, though personally I wouldn't mind having some fun. Gear in indev is worthless anyways we're starting fresh in a couple of months so no point holding back.

I'll see if I can change their minds.

At that point, what was the gear limit again? No limitations?

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #32
No limitations my friend. I'm pretty sure the only people who are going to be fully q5ed out are going to be Hasaki and Giants. I doubt any of my clan mates or Crimson guys will go any higher than q4. I also know some have good hearts and don't care for gear as much. Can't speak for anyone else really. What I will do my absolute best to do, is pair your team against another team of similar skill. Also, remember at the lower levels, it may be wise to have a plan of attack for the strongbox to get a potential easy win depending on the composition of your team and your opponent. I know the high end pvpers will play for the wipe which is cool but to be honest, I'd like to see the strategies players come up with as a team to try to use movement or crowd control spells to race for the destruction of the opposing strongbox.
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #33
Please change! I'm on a stag do from 20-23rd :(, probably best to talk with ub3r and see when they are patching, best to have a tournament atleast a few days after patches to get use to them.
The world revolves around me syndrome
dodgy bastard

Reply #34
Strongbox addition and the other rules just makes it a headache but it seems you are already fine with having only a few teams MAX attend. Why not just pay giants and hasaki to fight while you watch since that seems to be what this is trying to make happen anyways
Dog

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
Any sign up yet ?
LRM - Epoch

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #36
Strongbox addition and the other rules just makes it a headache but it seems you are already fine with having only a few teams MAX attend. Why not just pay giants and hasaki to fight while you watch since that seems to be what this is trying to make happen anyways
You don't have to take the box out. It's there just in case one or more players from a team want to just bunny hop around and drag the fight out. Do you really want to see Xteam vs Albus x5?

Even though I'd like to see the fight you're describing, I'd also like to see other similar skilled teams go at it

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #37
Any sign up yet ?
Nope. Good thing I didn't set it up for the 15th

Reply #38
You don't have to take the box out. It's there just in case one or more players from a team want to just bunny hop around and drag the fight out. Do you really want to see Xteam vs Albus x5?

Even though I'd like to see the fight you're describing, I'd also like to see other similar skilled teams go at it
It's not such a problem with groups because you don't just have two gear sets that hard counter eachother in certain terrains.
Asgrim Blackforge
Epoch

Reply #39
Just a question, is there an entry fee / prizepot?

Or is it just fighting pre-arranged for the sake of fighting?

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40

I'm tapped on providing any prizes and I don't care to make people pay to get in. I guess you can say my time for q5 enchanting all your bags for free is a form of a prize. I figured people would just want to see how they'd do against similar skilled teams.
Most of the scroachers at the recent sieges are having fun smashing lesser skilled players and taking their siege bags. I figured we could make everyone work for the gear bags against similarly skilled opponents

Reply #41

I'm tapped on providing any prizes and I don't care to make people pay to get in. I guess you can say my time for q5 enchanting all your bags for free is a form of a prize. I figured people would just want to see how they'd do against similar skilled teams.
Most of the scroachers at the recent sieges are having fun smashing lesser skilled players and taking their siege bags. I figured we could make everyone work for the gear bags against similarly skilled opponents

Well with no prize or anything, don't think Hasaki will put in a team, good luck with the tournament though.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
I didn't think they would to be honest. Especially since the Giants still remain on top and seem to be eager to prove it

Reply #43
this is the shittest attempt at an event ever seen lol
Dog

Reply #44
this is the shittest attempt at an event ever seen lol

Another account Pat seriously?