Skip to main content

Topic: Shrink the world (Read 1257 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shrink the world
Reply #30
i still strongly believe that islands is a cancer for this game and for the population we have or will ever have

I strongly believe that you are a cancer for this game and for the population we have or will ever have.
Don't touch Yssam.

ill repeat my self again, this map was made for 10k online. ONE of the reasons ppl not coming back is the empty world. even in the release i could farm for long hours without being spoted. its insane specially when the core end content of this game is sieges and controling territories for high resourses.

Farming for long hours without being spotted is fun and profitable. The core content of this game is not sieges or controlling territories. The core content of this game is FREEDOM to play it how you want, which includes or does not include sieges and pvp (whatever your preference is).

Yes, I understand that sieges and pvp is your main entertainment because you think its fun.
So you would actually be happy with a 5x5 kilometer map or instanced battles with teleports or Agon or 50% of Agon.

But that isn't Darkfall. That is a slaughterhouse and you would lose players who don't want sieges or pvp.
Actually, most players like pvp - but they just dont like constantly losing in pvp. The same for sieges. Many people get demoralized and depressed from losing sieges unless they didn't care about the siege and they just did it for the heck of it. But then you are moving towards a perverted and sick idea of the game where your actions are not serious and you just siege for action. Which ends up devouring/killing the population because you are preying on people to get your own fun.

Darkfall needs more players and more fun, but you won't get that by removing continents or creating constant/easy fights everywhere. More fights & sieges = more ragequit/crying etc..

You need to find ways to give players a feeling of success and fun. This wasn't such a big problem in summer 2009 because people were at the same playing field, but now people are shitting all over weaker opponents in PvP, so its not fun.

This game's population will grow when you can have success in pvp even if you suck.

HIYA MATE
dodgy bastard

Reply #31
Farming for long hours without being spotted is fun and profitable. The core content of this game is not sieges or controlling territories. The core content of this game is FREEDOM to play it how you want, which includes or does not include sieges and pvp (whatever your preference is).

The mechanics or/and features in the game, doesnt let you play how you want to, its highly restricted. Not sure what freedom you talk about, you do one or another build or you are nothing... What freedom you talk about, when you need 2 months to maximize your titles. Is this freedom? VCP or PVE where is this freedom... You cant craft without titles, you are punished for choosing different ones.
Not saying that its bad, but i dont see the freedom you talk about.

Yes, I understand that sieges and pvp is your main entertainment because you think its fun.
So you would actually be happy with a 5x5 kilometer map or instanced battles with teleports or Agon or 50% of Agon.
What are you even saying my friend, for such things there is ROA, we chose this version because of the specific features they promised!!! In my humble opinion map is too big, im big fan of unholy wars and what they did with the map.  I would want to see them to cut off the islands and release them later as additional "expansions" But its in the past, cant change whats done. There should be many fixes and features added to the game, there are tons of great suggestions and feedback in the forums. The problem is the man power ub3r games have or dont have. I miss them :( 

Why are you against smaller map in the first place? It doesnt mean less content, contrary, it means more! But i highly doubt that they would change the map now ^^ so calm your horses my friend.
  • Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 12:31:40 am by Monolitas

Reply #32
Celiah start playing again and bring your zerg

Reply #33
I don't know what the conversation is right now.

But it's too late to shrink without wiping.

Game is in no condition to wipe because I'm not grinding back up to do villages for 10 months without content patched in.
85% /s

Reply #34
It's not the size of the map, it's the distance you can detect somebody in the lack of any indicators there's somebody interacting with the environment.

Visual range 350 +/- meters
Audio range 160 +/- meters

Draw distance is three times this. I've suggested multiple times they need to include scavenger birds or some sort of indicator that there's somebody farming nearby and increase the draw distance 4 players to at least 500