Skip to main content

Topic: Shrink the world (Read 1256 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Shrink the world
Reply #15
being smaller would help the game for the small size of population that we have but its alot of work
just removing banks and player holdings will work
  • Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:53:36 pm by ludmitr87
Herzl - GSC

Reply #16
... and add some action.
Yes, good point. I'm sure everybody wants to login and PvP until logging out. There is no other reason to play this game.

And instead of reworking the map, removing islands, banks or holdings, they could just create a dynamic shrinking toxic dead zone everywhere on the map. The zone will shrink every 5 minutes up to a small circle in the middle and reset every 24 hours. Entering the zone will add a stacking debuff which drains health, stamina and mana. You can find randomly spawned armor racks and mounts around the map. The last man alive after the 24 hours will get a message "WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER" displayed in big bold letters in the middle of the screen.

Reply #17
ITS NOT A PVP GAME ITS A PVE GAME LOL
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #18
being smaller would help the game for the small size of population that we have but its alot of work
just removing banks and player holdings will work

Maybe, probably would have to deactive the chaos banks as  well. i dunno.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #19
If you guys realize at one point that the game is both, you probably had an easier time. But all you want is login and ACTION ACTION ACTION. Wonder why you people still hang around here and make the same posts every day, if DND doesn't give you what you want. Instead you could play RoA, it got all you want: Login and teleport to ACTION ACTION ACTION. PvP from login until logout. I guess "battered game syndrome", hm?

Reply #20
Organic solution is increase med points of all holding in those 4 islands.

Reply #21
If you guys realize at one point that the game is both, you probably had an easier time. But all you want is login and ACTION ACTION ACTION. Wonder why you people still hang around here and make the same posts every day, if DND doesn't give you what you want. Instead you could play RoA, it got all you want: Login and teleport to ACTION ACTION ACTION. PvP from login until logout. I guess "battered game syndrome", hm?

Zero logical argument again.

DND must not give anyone what they want judging by the population and activity, everyone should quit then and the few who continue to post on the forums and ask for change should go too then, then you can have a 10 player forum to go along with the 10 player server. #moron

Ultimately players like you destroyed this game and bored everyone to death.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #22
We need mechanic of un-interrupted travel that gives 2.5x travel speed. If you get hit while uninterruptedly traveling you get big penalty for next several seconds. Ships need the same mechanic but only 5x or more. Sailing with ship should be primary get-around mechanic for clans. Wanna go raid cairn. Jump on the ship and you are there in half hour even if you live on niffle! Would be quite fun.

Reply #23
Zero logical argument again.
"Glass house".

All you see here in the forums are starving "vets" complaining about "not enough action", "too tedious", "walk of shame", "VCP needs 8 hours timers", etc. The majority of complaints here are somehow or other PvP related. Even this thread suggests to shrink the world so that it is easier to find "action". Thats why you are "bored to death", because you can't get an easy fix in DND.

Nobody denies that the game is lacking major content. But the required / missing content is not PvP related (except Sea Towers and Racial Warfare). PvP focused content will not stream in and retain new players. If this was the case, then DFO hadn't bled out and RoA would be flourishing. Thats what you guys don't realize.

And the few who "continue to post and ask for change" are 1) always the same few persons and 2) salty trolls.
  • Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:31:23 am by HarvestR

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
tbh the devs should really either reduce the map or stop developing the game for larger population than is reasonable to reach withing next few years

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #25
i still strongly believe that islands is a cancer for this game and for the population we have or will ever have
Herzl - GSC

Reply #26
i still strongly believe that islands is a cancer for this game and for the population we have or will ever have
Why would you think that?
There is nothing preventing players from getting a holding closer to the action (middle) but some clans still prefer to live in the middle of nowhere. What do you think would happen if you removed this option from such clans? Would they suddenly become pvp maniacs that love the middle and villages contested by strongest clans? No. They would leave too.

Your idea only removes from the game an option to live further away from constant action together with people of such mindset. Stupid suggestion repeated without a thought. This is not arena shooter. It's mmorpg. We need big map with no instant travel.

Reply #27
ill repeat my self again, this map was made for 10k online. ONE of the reasons ppl not coming back is the empty world. even in the release i could farm for long hours without being spoted. its insane specially when the core end content of this game is sieges and controling territories for high resourses.
Herzl - GSC

Reply #28
The world is fine as it is.

If people want to live in hotspots, move to the centre map holdings, if you want a bit more peace move to the islands.

It is territorial control.

Reply #29

I strongly believe that you are a cancer for this game and for the population we have or will ever have.
Don't touch Yssam.

ill repeat my self again, this map was made for 10k online. ONE of the reasons ppl not coming back is the empty world. even in the release i could farm for long hours without being spoted. its insane specially when the core end content of this game is sieges and controling territories for high resourses.

Farming for long hours without being spotted is fun and profitable. The core content of this game is not sieges or controlling territories. The core content of this game is FREEDOM to play it how you want, which includes or does not include sieges and pvp (whatever your preference is).

Yes, I understand that sieges and pvp is your main entertainment because you think its fun.
So you would actually be happy with a 5x5 kilometer map or instanced battles with teleports or Agon or 50% of Agon.

But that isn't Darkfall. That is a slaughterhouse and you would lose players who don't want sieges or pvp.
Actually, most players like pvp - but they just dont like constantly losing in pvp. The same for sieges. Many people get demoralized and depressed from losing sieges unless they didn't care about the siege and they just did it for the heck of it. But then you are moving towards a perverted and sick idea of the game where your actions are not serious and you just siege for action. Which ends up devouring/killing the population because you are preying on people to get your own fun.

Darkfall needs more players and more fun, but you won't get that by removing continents or creating constant/easy fights everywhere. More fights & sieges = more ragequit/crying etc..

You need to find ways to give players a feeling of success and fun. This wasn't such a big problem in summer 2009 because people were at the same playing field, but now people are shitting all over weaker opponents in PvP, so its not fun.

This game's population will grow when you can have success in pvp even if you suck.