Skip to main content

Topic: Shrink the world (Read 1214 times) previous topic - next topic

Shrink the world
Lets face it, we will not have enough people to fill this huge world. Even if there will be 1-2k online its not enough, it still will be hard to find some action, specially with localized banks.
Are you thinking about shrinking the world?
Herzl - GSC

Re: Shrink the world
Reply #1
if there's only 1-2k players by launch the game would suck anyway and they may as well give up on indev now lol
Asgrim Blackforge
Epoch

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
why would you plan for failure? the game needs a certain minimum playerbase to pay the bills and pay the devs.
we even now have 500ish people playing and there was no advertisment and a big chunk of players rather waits for launch
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #3
this map designed for 10k online.  We can have alot of fun with 1-2k online but not on this big map
  • Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 03:39:10 pm by ludmitr87
Herzl - GSC

Reply #4
NO!

Reply #5
Lets face it, we will not have enough people to fill this huge world. Even if there will be 1-2k online its not enough, it still will be hard to find some action, specially with localized banks.

Great idea they can start working on a smaller map, oh and less skill, dungeons and mobs, might take a couple years and then they can launch it as New Dawn: Unholy Wars, im sure it will be a great success and surprised no one has tried it before.

Reply #6

Great idea they can start working on a smaller map, oh and less skill, dungeons and mobs, might take a couple years and then they can launch it as New Dawn: Unholy Wars, im sure it will be a great success and surprised no one has tried it before.

leave only middle of agon and maybe one island. i dont think its that hard
Herzl - GSC

Reply #7
Is this thread a troll?

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I doubt the devs can afford world-building atm or ever.
Sadly people get a flip over it, mainly beacuse they can't fathom that smaller world =need for multiple servers once population reaches a certain threshold, but again Ub3r would preffer to expand the world and improve than run 2 or more servers... :(

Reply #9
I find your lack of faith disturbing. If Kevin costner has taught me anything, it's that 'if you build it they will come'.

Reply #10
Restart the 2 week free play policy we had, it was bringing in lots of new people which kept old players anchored in the world as well.
Lodrig Valinson - Deposed Supreme General of the Steel Bones

Reply #11
@Ub3rgames
remove islands or just remove all the banks /cities/ villages on them.  it will improve racial wars on main land and add some action.
its not too late, this game still can be fun and interesting for ppl who actually plays it.
  • Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:31:45 pm by ludmitr87
Herzl - GSC

Reply #12
I think the world is close to too small as it is. With faster roads and faster ships it may become so. Make it small and you may as well just have an arena.

Reply #13
the main land is huge alrdy

nobody wants arena here. i just want racial wars, local fights for resources
  • Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:50:44 pm by ludmitr87
Herzl - GSC

Reply #14
being smaller would help the game for the small size of population that we have but its alot of work

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69