Skip to main content

Topic: The Dev team stance on bunnyhopping? (Read 372 times) previous topic - next topic

The Dev team stance on bunnyhopping?
What is Darkfall:New Dawn's stance on bunnyhopping? (sorry if I missed it in one of your previous posts)

Personally, I believe something needs to be done as it inarguably was a big deterrent to ship play as well as to newer and less skilled players, on the other hand I do believe that it also had its purpose as it was a much needed life-support for solo players.
  • Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 09:00:45 pm by NeroImperitus

Re: The Dev team stance on bunnyhopping?
Reply #1
It is actually one of the things we have answered in our FAQ.

In short:
We will fix the bug that caused bunny hopping but we will reintroduce it as a balanced feature.

Our initial plan is to reduce the distance of jumps and add stamina damage after health reaches 1, and player death when stamina reaches 0. This should make death through fall damage rare for normal situations, and allow bunny hopping to still be a tactic that can be used with drawbacks.

We are also changing the way naval combat operates. In that context bunny hopping will no longer be as viable as it used to be.
In addition, we're buffing mounts to be faster on roads.

All these changes will be play tested during the InDev phase and the various balance beta week-ends.
What matters is that the game becomes better at the final release.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
We are also changing the way naval combat operates. In that context bunny hopping will no longer be as viable as it used to be.
In addition, we're buffing mounts to be faster on roads.

This is excellent, expecially i remember lots of people ask Av to implement fast travel mounts on roads, but they never cared.

I hate bunnyhopping, but i guess i can live with it if you can't use it to travel as  fast as a mount or use only occasionally as a desperate tentative to escape. I like the death penalty if you perform too much hopping.
  • Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 12:46:09 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #3
I hate bunnyhopping, but i guess i can live with it if you can't use it to travel as  fast as a mount or use only occasionally as a desperate tentative to escape. I like the death penalty if you perform too much hopping.
Bunnyhopping was good for solo players but there was a lot of exploits to avoid falling damage....
https://youtu.be/G69foU3otWw?t=8m2s
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
Anquare Quare Supreme General