Skip to main content

Topic: Connecting to patch server (Read 470 times) previous topic - next topic

Connecting to patch server
Patching keeps "failing" whenever i open client even thought I have patched. Takes like 20 mins of reopening client in admin to get it to let me select my character to log in

Re: Connecting to patch server
Reply #1
mee tooo

edit.
I have managed to patch the game
  • Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 05:59:25 pm by Vilhelm
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
Anquare Quare Supreme General

Reply #2
Same here :(  Tried restarting the computer, tried restarting Router, and I always run game in Admin Mode.

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #3
I have to redownload the game due to fresh install.. getting 400 kB/s. Guess its a bad day for a full download :/
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #4
just restart the game over and over...i could patch after the 15th time
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

Reply #5
Can you please try to do a  winmtr test to the indev-1.ub3rgames.com address?
Low download speed and connection issues could also be a symptom of packet losses.

We will eventually get to the rework of that aspect of networking, but for now we have to make due.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #6
Can you please try to do a  winmtr test to the indev-1.ub3rgames.com address?
Low download speed and connection issues could also be a symptom of packet losses.

We will eventually get to the rework of that aspect of networking, but for now we have to make due.

It's gotta be a bug that was introduced.  Short term you could change your patching restart from "a few minutes" to every 15 seconds.   When the client tries to reconnect again after failing the first time, it often works (it just takes way too long).

Reply #7
I had no problem downloading the patch yesterday or today but once in the game I logged out and not I can not get back into the game it is saying Paching failed:"(#20) patching will restart in a few minutes. This has also happened to my husbands account as well. Being trying to relog in for over an hr and same thing
Peacefull Pugsly

Reply #8
I had no problem downloading the patch yesterday or today but once in the game I logged out and not I can not get back into the game it is saying Paching failed:"(#20) patching will restart in a few minutes. This has also happened to my husbands account as well. Being trying to relog in for over an hr and same thing

I got the same. Re-booted PC and it works now.

Reply #9
rebooted both pc's 3 times and nothing
Peacefull Pugsly

Reply #10
We've found an issue on our end. it seems like one of our patch servers refuses connections at random without raising any errors.
This explains why restarting or clearing DNS caches will help, the issue should be solved after next maintenance.
In the meantime, restarting will still help but results will be random.

Reply #11
i can confirm that rebooting worked for me
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

• LRM
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
I tryed flushing DNS but since i loose conection on server constantly, as well as to mumble, any idea on how to reverse ?
LRM - Epoch

Reply #13
After this maintenance, the patch server issues should be gone. let us know if you are still seeing them as frequently.