Skip to main content

Topic: Binding to mouse scroll ? help plz. (Read 704 times) previous topic - next topic

Binding to mouse scroll ? help plz.
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to bind a key to mouse scroll up and mouse scroll down instead of having the weapons bar, it wont let me do it in-game. help plz. Kron.

Re: Binding to mouse scroll ? help plz.
Reply #1
You can't without scripts
They're supposed to fix it later

Reply #2
hmm ok and scripts are banned now ? ( classed as cheating ? )

Reply #3
I use mouse wheel to scroll through hotbars. Then again im still using my binds from dfo.
  • Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 04:27:16 am by Azmoodeus
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #4
the problem I'm having is... when I mousewheel up it goes from weapon slot 1 to weapon slot 5 and I don't want it to do this I just want it to stay on weapon slot 1 when I mouse wheel up and when I mousewheel down I want it to stay on the bottom weapon slot... if anyone knows how to do this it would help or maybe GM's could implement this in the future.. Kron..

Reply #5
also it would be a lot simpler if I could bind mousewheel up to a hotbar slot but it doesn't let me... :F

Reply #6
Think you gotta do this manually

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\DarkfallNewDawn\Character\0

in input_persistence.xml

from what I can tell mouse wheel scroll is AXIS_Z_0. Probably AXIS_X_0 and AXIS_Y_0 is binding up and down but I dunno.
So if I wanted hotbar row one to be bound to either up or down it would look something like this in the file:

<binding35>
      <Name Value="Gui_Hotbar_Col_1"/>
      <Binding Value="AXIS_X_0"/>
    </binding35>

I may be talking out of my ass here but it could be worth a try. Back up your files before you go ahead and change anything though.
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #7
thanks for taking the time to help me Azmoodeus.. I will give it a try and let u know the outcome.. Kron

Reply #8
could you tell me the code for hotbar 0 item slot 1 .. I want to have hotbar 0 slot 1 for melee weapon mouse scroll down and hotbar 0 slot 2 for staff mouse wheel scroll down ? thanks a lot

Reply #9
wait I think I got it, is this right ? there is only one AXIS_X_0 how do I make it so scroll up and scroll down are coded.. ?

<binding207>
      <Name Value="Gui_Hotbar_Col_0_Row_1"/>
      <Binding Value="AXIS_X_0"/>
    </binding207>

Reply #10
managed to compile a script using AHK,, thanks for help guys