Skip to main content

Topic: Infographic for Cycle and Combo Mode (Read 712 times) previous topic - next topic

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Infographic for Cycle and Combo Mode
With my meager paint skills i created this small info graphic. i hope it helps a bit to understand the difference between those two modes.
  • Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 09:52:32 pm by nubnax
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Infographic for Cycle and Combo Mode
Reply #1
I'm actually using cycle mode for some selfbuffs but even following this scheme and, for example, activate subslot B the skill don't reset and back to subslot A but stay at B.. Maybe i have a bug dunno or i fail to understand the true difference.
  • Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:47:36 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #2
If you have auto-cast on then combo mode is like cycle mode.  Without auto-cast the slot don't rotate reliably. 

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
the difference between the two is how it resets to the first sub slot.

combo resets when you switch to some other multislot entirely, while cycle resets when you cast a spell.
Bala Eregi

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Without auto-cast the slot don't rotate reliably.

Maybe is the reason, i don't use auto-cast.

the difference between the two is how it resets to the first sub slot.

combo resets when you switch to some other multislot entirely, while cycle resets when you cast a spell.

Don't work but probably the cause is because i don't use autocast. Would be good if it work even without be forced to use autocast.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
This has nothing to do with auto cast
Bala Eregi

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
This has nothing to do with auto cast

Well, it wont work on me then, both cycle and combo do the same exact thing.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #7
Some kind of tutorial to explain the now dizzying number of options is definitively needed.  If possible their should be some simplification of the options as well, it sounds like it might be possible to have fewer options IF the player was able to toggle them individually as radio buttons so things like 'combo mode' are simply the result of have two other things simultaneously on.

Fnight I see that your one of the most prolific posters on these options, do you have any ideas.
Lodrig Valinson - Deposed Supreme General of the Steel Bones

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Some kind of tutorial to explain the now dizzying number of options is definitively needed.  If possible their should be some simplification of the options as well, it sounds like it might be possible to have fewer options IF the player was able to toggle them individually as radio buttons so things like 'combo mode' are simply the result of have two other things simultaneously on.

Fnight I see that your one of the most prolific posters on these options, do you have any ideas.

I agree about a video tutorial, lots of people don't have idea what these commands do in the first place, or at least they should do some live examples.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #9
They need to settle on a standard setup all players start out with which is usable from dayone alot of people i talk to havent bound stuff to hotkeys and makes them very slow in combat, this is something that needs to be addressed so there isnt a 30 mins binding session everytime you want to play darkfall again, i know i simply quit after buying time and then having to reset the whole thing its just meh.