Skip to main content

Topic: Cannot use skills or left click anything. Only using potions from hotbar works.  (Read 1685 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot use skills or left click anything. Only using potions from hotbar works.

This bug happened after a mob killed me in melee.
My friend also tried it.

We had to relog.

Re: Cannot use skills or left click anything. Only using potions from hotbar works.
Reply #1
We are aware of the issue and are working on it.
For any such locks we would like to have specific detailed  steps to reproduce.
We do not know yet if it is a single problem, or if we have multiple ones.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Cannot use skills or left click anything. Only using potions from hotbar works.
Reply #2
Menhir sentinel killed us, while we were farming it melee. We were buffed and using powerhour.
We were multiple people farming and some might have been healing at the same time.

Reply #3
Happened to me not in combat or anything. I was crafting , i stopped and i went to grab some weapons and i tried "spamming" my weapons switches to see the delay ; and i got stuck like celiah explained on my current weapon , couldnt equip anything else or use any skills etc.

Wasn't buff , no power hour

Reply #4
This is an old bug going back to DF and happens when weapons switching and casting back and forth, usually happens to staves though other weapons might have it happen too and just drag the weapon from the hand to BP to fix it.

Reply #5

Reply #6
happened to me 2x now tonight. both times i got revived and clicked my hotkey for witches brew (autocast) while weapon was still sheathed.

Reply #7
We will have an hotfix today that may address these issues.
We haven't been able to reproduce the bug ourselves, but we found a probable cause and will try it out live.
Hopefully it will work out for most players.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
We will have an hotfix today that may address these issues.
We haven't been able to reproduce the bug ourselves, but we found a probable cause and will try it out live.
Hopefully it will work out for most players.

Server crashed or was me? I found the clinet closed when i checked my pc. Just wondering.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #9
Happened to me after i skinned a grave with a bugged animation(no skin animation, just progressbar).

Reply #10
Happened to me twice after switching to sword/board and parry.

Reply #11

This bug happened after a mob killed me in melee.
My friend also tried it.

We had to relog.

You guys killed Jack in a full Siege bag due to this bug. Do you mind giving it back seeing as I know you don't like abusing bugs?

I'm sure @clottbott would appreciate it and end his master plan to wipe you off the map.

lmao :D I'll be fine when the armour patch comes ;)

Reply #12
When is this hotfix supposed to go live? Not being able to use weapons or interact with things is a pretty big game breaker.

Reply #13
We are currently testing a release candidate. There is a bit more in it than just a hotfix.
We'll release it most likely after prime time.

Reply #14
Patch will be applied in 10 minutes. Downtime of around 40 minutes.