Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Patch 3.8 (Read 11247 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Discussion: Patch 3.8
Reply #15
@Fnights
The map takes the focus when you open it, but if you click on a chat window, it will take the focus and you will be able to type with both open at the same time.

Yes but i need to click on the chat and change the active window to leave that imput text area, also if i press M to open the map and press M again to close it this operation fail because the M is moved into the imput text box (you know what's happen when i'm engaging a enemy or a mob and the imput text prevent me to move my character: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm) .

Solution: make it not active by default so if i want to use it i have to click on it and use the ENTER button to send the command and deactivate it again, easy and simple.

The combo mode to rotate the skills into the same multi-slot bar is very good, gj.
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:53:49 am by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
Great improvements @Ub3rgames  ;)  I hope that the bank-bag-bug fix is a top priority as it's making the game almost unplayable :P

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
- Queuing is still in, but we would like feedback about it now that it won't mess with sequences. We want it as an option, but we'd like to determine which should be by default for new players.

Yes, this whole queue system is not much practical and troublesome, i think this should be toggleable based on the individual skill you use. Atm if i press wirlwind but is in CD and i press seize, the system perform seize but it back to ww after even if i don't want to use it anymore.

Solution: add the option "using queue after using this skill" to use the queue option.

There is also a double passage delay when you click on a skill and is in CD or once you use it, you have to click 2 times to back to the basic attack of your weapon. This is very BAD and make the combat less responsive.
Once you use a skill, unless you tell otherwise, the current weapon should be back to the default state automatically.
For example: once i use wirlwind the skill still active and display the CD, and i have to click 2 times to perform a normal swing, once to remove it and once to swing.

Solution: add the option "back to the basic weapon state once used" or "remove this skill once used".
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:34:58 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #18
@Ub3rgames
I think after current interface re-work: Time between skill selection and availability to use the skill  has increased.
I feel little lag input when selecting skill shortcut.  (I have 44ms ping)
But I think it is something we have to get used to.
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:48:16 am by Vilhelm
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
Anquare Quare Supreme General

Reply #19
Any way to identify the area that got randomly assigned to me on the map?  I can then ride there and check out the nearby function.

Also how you getting on with the bank bag hotfix.  Will it be published with the server online or will it need taking down?

Reply #20
Thank you :) Nice Changes.. Can you give an aproximation when we can expect the Armor patch? I am holding off on all crafting since the announcement and dont have much to wear left.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Gamebreaking BUG found on the combo feature about weapons skills, like seize, wirlwind, knock-up, power attack, the combo feature is still used over the previous multi-tap even if you haven't check it.

Example:
i have binded in the keyboard button Q both <seize> and <power wttack>, so <seize> in the first slot and <power attack> in the second slot. With the old system pressing Q once choose <seize> and pressing 2 times Q choose <power attack>.

Now if i press Q once it choose the first skill <seize>, as intended, but if i press again the button the system choose the second skill in the row, the <power attack> even if i don't have the combo feature enabled.
So the multi-slot don't reset, once used <power attack> the system go back to the previous skil the <seize> even if i don't want to use it, so i have to waste time sheating the weapon and unsheating it again to remove the skill or using it anyway. This is gamebreaking at least for me.

This bug affect only weapons skills not spells, with spells, combo or multi-taps works perfectly.
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 01:19:07 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #22
@Ub3rgames
I think after current interface re-work: Time between skill selection and availability to use the skill  has increased.
I feel little lag input when selecting skill shortcut.  (I have 44ms ping)
But I think it is something we have to get used to.

I doubt it's something we have to get used to, they've just recently fixed the AV delay.
Asgrim Blackforge
Epoch

Reply #23
Nice changes for map and lay on hands.

For stateless, stateful, whatever... I'd have to try it in game. If new player experience is concerned, the wording is very confusing. Probably makes sense hands on...
-SG of Garbage Men (Wolf/Ork)
Always recruiting new and old players.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
@acahane
you can search for bank and you get to see all the banks in the active areas. won't show you all the parts of the map that are active for you because not all areas have banks. but it's a good estimate
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #25
Can't wait to try this patch but sadly have to wait till I get my Internet turned back on😢

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #26
Just so I understand this correctly. You can see the mob markers regardless of whether you have discovered that mob or not? Basically no fog-of-war?

If that's the case, not to keen on that. Too arcade like. Discovery is the adventures treasure.
I'm in favor of showing it after discovered however.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

Reply #27
Just so I understand this correctly. You can see the mob markers regardless of whether you have discovered that mob or not? Basically no fog-of-war?

If that's the case, not to keen on that. Too arcade like. Discovery is the adventures treasure.
I'm in favor of showing it after discovered however.

its just a QOL feature...so u don´t have to alt-´tab and look into the Gekkzilla map
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten

Reply #28
Fog of war was one of the most painful things about early UW imo. This is one of the best changes for new player experience so far - everyone's had to link a newb the old outdated map..

• Maddi
  • [*][*]
Reply #29
Is the map supposed to show me every spawn nearby? I dont get any markers.
Furthermore i dont see NPCs on the minimap anymore.