Skip to main content

Topic: Mount crafting (Read 377 times) previous topic - next topic

Mount crafting
With lack a of recall and local banking, the loss of a mount while out exploring could become a pretty detrimental and common occurrence. What are peoples thoughts on changing the mount crafting system so that people who are stranded who did not bring any tools or materials with them would somehow still be able to acquire the resources from the nodes (or wildlife) that surround them? 
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Mount crafting
Reply #1
bring a tamers whistle, bring a sickle and that's already possible
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #2
bring a tamers whistle, bring a sickle and that's already possible

you want to add this the list of essential things you need to bring everywhere you go? perhaps you are right, i am not even convinced myself about my suggestion, but i am not sure i want to think about adding more crap to the list of things i must remember to bring
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
well most people don't feel the need to craft a mount ;) and with markets you will be able to buy a new mount on your journey if your's dies.
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #4
I am still getting visions of lots of people constantly getting stranded with a 30 - 1hr run facing them thinking f this game. Where will these markets be?

Reply #5
I am still getting visions of lots of people constantly getting stranded with a 30 - 1hr run facing them thinking f this game. Where will these markets be?

This already happened to me and I actually loved the experience.  My mount got killed by mobs because I was careless and I was stranded middle of an unknown place.  It was a lot of adventure to comb through the landscape and get back to a friendly town.  So provisioning for journey is logistics and it is good for the game.  When game goes live you can visit nearby ally town and purchase a mount from market place.

On the topic of crafting is it common for the "mount crafting animation" not to stop even after crafting is complete? This is a common bug?

Reply #6
Personally, i never had that problem since i can just bunny hop from a point to an other, but i understand a lot of ppl suck at bunny hopping.

So i actually like the idea of making steedgrass becoming acquireable without sickles, craftable mount without whistles.

I personally disliked the fact that we need tools for everything. We already have crafting stations for one.
  • Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:21:07 pm by Bloodymurderer

Reply #7
Changing the taming skill, i would rather see untamed animals (horse, eradan etc, sometimes instead of deers and mooses) available and you need to approach them with your steedgrass and your whistle to tame them as a targeted action.
In case you ask yourself why ashes are the main reagent for arcane magic : arcane magic is especially efficient against undead monsters.
So it's Ash vs Evil Dead !

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Changing the taming skill, i would rather see untamed animals (horse, eradan etc, sometimes instead of deers and mooses) available and you need to approach them with your steedgrass and your whistle to tame them as a targeted action.

This is great and very sandbox, and also add stables with tickets where you can park your mount (Mortal Online).
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #9
Taming a wild mount is a good idea and could be extended to actually eliminate ex-nilo method by which they are currently made. 

You start by getting the wild mount and it is low quality, low health, low stamina, low speed.  Then you feed it grass and use skills to gradually make it better and better.  Maybe mounts could even have skills/tricks that they can learn, and they certainly need to be nameable and have some texture/color variations so they can look unique.  And finally saddles and armor that can increase the mount and riders ability in combat would be awesome.

Some means of associating a mount with it's specific rider would also be nice, I think using the whistle as a kind of 'deed' might work, when a mount is first tamed it becomes permanently associated with the whistle used.  The player with the whistle can then use the whistle on another player to make that player 'known' to the mount and able to ride it.  So you can let a friend ride your mount without giving up control, or sell the whistle to sell the mount entirely.
Lodrig Valinson - Deposed Supreme General of the Steel Bones