Skip to main content

Topic: NPC guard towers (Read 218 times) previous topic - next topic

NPC guard towers
A couple of times I have ridden in from lawless areas back to NPC towns to be zapped dead, happened to my friend also today. I think it would be good if you could make it a little clearer that you are still rogue (like a warning message before you get zapped), or perhaps adjust the boundary so this casual riding to your death isn't so easy. (In fact this whole event made me question why you need lawless areas, I don't understand how you can ever try to successfully promote faction warfare with the current system.)
  • Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 04:34:56 am by Oriphus
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: NPC guard towers
Reply #1
the 4th bar under your hp, stamina and mana is your alignment. if it's gray you are rogue, if it's blue you are not and good to go into npc towns.
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #2
the 4th bar under your hp, stamina and mana is your alignment. if it's gray you are rogue, if it's blue you are not and good to go into npc towns.

The bar is not sufficient warning, it is not something you pay attention to (disregarding the option to turn it off like most i am sure have). i am not suggesting this for my personal benefit.
'Combat will be great - The reason combat will be great is because we will make it great - However, if combat isn't great we will change it so that combat is great, therefore - Combat will be great.' paraphrased from the core circular logic answer to all questions department

Reply #3
Very annoying..

I would like to be able to escape an NPC guard tower more easily when Im just travelling.

Reply #4
Maybe have the zap tower shoot once when the target is in range.
When the target is then moving away from the tower it will not shoot, but as soon as you turn around and close distance it will start shooting again. This would ofc only work once in a while so it can`t be really abused.

The lawless areas should only be in contested areas that have little todo with racial wars. Like villages or player holdings.
But then i think own race/ally kills should still be punished somehow. Like you said racial wars will most likely not occur in these zones.
While i can understand this for player holdings, i have my doubt if villages should be lawless. It would be awesome to see some villages only inhabited by alfars or another race.

For now i think its good to have so many lawless areas in order to promote pvp with such a low playerbase.
But with more players it would be really interesting to see races actually team up for certain goals.

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Theres no reason to have lawless areas.  Its carebearish to say the least