Skip to main content

Topic: Feedback: Spawn scaling balancing (Read 2927 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Feedback: Spawn scaling balancing
Reply #30
I took my daughter hunting goblins so I can grab cheese at level 2 the goblins were spawning fast and had great cheese drops got about 100 cheese in less.than 30 minutes.

Went back later on solo and got about 4 cheese in 20 mintues.
This is amazing.

Both you playing with your daughter! And the cheese drops. :)
it was the same with the sewers in the capital cities you get more carrots potatoes and onions at level 2 in less time than you can at level 1

Reply #31
I took my daughter hunting goblins so I can grab cheese at level 2 the goblins were spawning fast and had great cheese drops got about 100 cheese in less.than 30 minutes.

Went back later on solo and got about 4 cheese in 20 mintues.
This is amazing.

Both you playing with your daughter! And the cheese drops. :)
it was the same with the sewers in the capital cities you get more carrots potatoes and onions at level 2 in less time than you can at level 1

Thats illegal!!! Potatoes Hack!
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #32
Bump. Please break ALL the things!
Especially at lower level, how is the progression for a group of new characters playing together?
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #33
Heres
when a siegestone is placed in a spawn, scaling should be stopped for that spawn until siegestone is destroyed.

I disagree. 

Reply #34
Bump. Please break ALL the things!
Especially at lower level, how is the progression for a group of new characters playing together?

To really stress the servers you could consider making the Weekend Powerweekend where everyone gets to skill up really quick.. Then lots of us have time, Tuesday/Wednesday is a bit random who can play and who cant.
Cheers
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #35
Probably it has been mentioned somewhere already, but if not:

Goblin spawns respawnrate is way too high already with 2 people fighting them. You have no chance of properly looting them, not speaking of skinning. It was 1 new guy and 1 df player with a new char, that made it ok to fight them strengthwise, but if a goblin spawn is visited by completely new guys only they will have a really hard time not dying. Especially if its 3+ people engaged

Loot- and strengthwise it seemed OK, I had like 500g after 20-30min and goblins don't get stronger only more respawn it seemed.
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

Reply #36
Has anyone tried the dungeons after spawn scaling? We had a group of three try the undead dwarf daily dungeon in dwarf lands and with spawn scaling it seems near impossible to complete the quest, we kept on getting swarmed. Any one else try the dungeons.

• Flamingman
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #37
Has anyone tried the dungeons after spawn scaling? We had a group of three try the undead dwarf daily dungeon in dwarf lands and with spawn scaling it seems near impossible to complete the quest, we kept on getting swarmed. Any one else try the dungeons.
Did that same spot with 4. All newish toons, 2 of which were pretty new to darkfall. Cross heals, buffs, and proper communication made the run successful. Parrying when attacked is key. Get out when you are disabled.

Reply #38
Probably it has been mentioned somewhere already, but if not:

Goblin spawns respawnrate is way too high already with 2 people fighting them. You have no chance of properly looting them, not speaking of skinning. It was 1 new guy and 1 df player with a new char, that made it ok to fight them strengthwise, but if a goblin spawn is visited by completely new guys only they will have a really hard time not dying. Especially if its 3+ people engaged

Loot- and strengthwise it seemed OK, I had like 500g after 20-30min and goblins don't get stronger only more respawn it seemed.

Have to correct myself a bit here. It seems to be a bit advanced Goblin Spawn we've been to (still only Fighter + Scout, near Lainstone humanlands). So it may be intended for it to be more requiring. A newbie quest leads you there, though. Level 1 was ok surviving-wise but still no chance to proper loot/skin, and they really overran us on Level 2
  • Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:08:41 pm by skibba
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

Reply #39
I started play 3 days ago as a human. And i think you should lower number of goblins coming with spawn scale. An average new player never kill a goblin fighter of 3rd level ss. Spawn rate is too high for 1, 2 or 3 active players.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #40
i think the most important thing for a new player to learn for pve is that they have to stay at the edge of the spawn and only pull 1 mob at a time.
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion

Reply #41
with everyone getting some goblins to kill and loot. If 6 new player get to be on the same spawn, we do not want them to be crushed beyond mesure.

Without automatic splitting loots between players who engage in the same spawn you won't make the life of new players smooth but more frustrating, because KSers, expecially at the beginning when everyone need money and weapons.
This is a serious issue in every mmorpg i played but solved thanks to the automatic party splitting feature and who do the most damage to a single target (leass mean no loot for you, aka empty grave).
AGAIN YOU FAIL  wtf is with your ideas is all bunch of shit are you shitbrain at all!!!

Reply #42
Got three friends to try this game a week or so ago. This weekend all four of us grouped up and atempted to complete nub quests. After a few hours of getting wrecked by spawn scaling and poor loot when divided by four we opted to split up and farm solo. Seems to me low level mobs need loot buf and dificulty nerf.
We farmed goblins, swamp hags, ogres, trolls, spiders.

Reply #43
Got three friends to try this game a week or so ago. This weekend all four of us grouped up and atempted to complete nub quests. After a few hours of getting wrecked by spawn scaling and poor loot when divided by four we opted to split up and farm solo. Seems to me low level mobs need loot buf and dificulty nerf.
We farmed goblins, swamp hags, ogres, trolls, spiders.

First off, you're not supposed to farm for too long at the goblin spawn. Use them to complete your starter quests and move on. As part of the starter quest, completing a lot of starter quest can make you reach 25k meds easily.

If you wish to kill trolls with friends, make sure you start a repetitive quest to kill as much trolls as possible in 1 hour. The more trolls you kill, the better the reward.

I don't believe you on swamp hags, they're very good. Maybe you haven't found a way to kill them efficiently; i understand how hard they can be for new players.

From ogres, how many steedgrass did you get?

You must be specific on spiders.

Finally

Did you bring a skinning knife? Because some mobs are only worth killing based on the material that you can skin from them.
If not, consider your time wasted. No mob's worth farming with no skinning knife.
To know if a mob is worth killing, to need to take note of the amount gold, reagents, enchanting materials and rare items that it can drop. Weapon drop above R20's are good, armor drop above studded and scale are good, but for new players, even scales are worth picking up for your farming session.
Don't forget your XP increases as-well so when ever you think it's better to do something solo, think about the XP boost first.
  • Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:49:14 pm by Bloodymurderer

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
mobs have also different weaknesses to certain damage types. swamp hags for example melt away when you do lightning damage.
Bala Eregi
SG of Bewahrer der Welten
SG of The Tausian Dominion