Skip to main content

Topic: What's up Agon?! #2 - New/Upcoming Patch & inDEV Roadmap  (Read 436 times) previous topic - next topic

What's up Agon?! #2 - New/Upcoming Patch & inDEV Roadmap

Re: What's up Agon?! #2 - New/Upcoming Patch & inDEV Roadmap
Reply #1
I like the vid, but I must say you need to work on your narrating skills :p

Reply #2

Haha thanks for the feedback man. Will put more time into the speech next time.
Just the cutting already took a long time so i made a one take in narrating it :D

What exactly do you criticize? Sometimes i think that leaving in certain misspeling could be be uplifting.
Would help a lot to get even more feedback :)

Reply #3

Just the cutting already took a long time so i made a one take in narrating it :D

What exactly do you criticize? Sometimes i think that leaving in certain misspeling could be be uplifting.

Well when you narrate you want to know what you are saying and it kind of feels like you are just kind of reading and sometimes misreading, instead of talking more naturally and fluidly..

Reply #4

Well when you narrate you want to know what you are saying and it kind of feels like you are just kind of reading and sometimes misreading, instead of talking more naturally and fluidly..

Gotcha. Actually i have zero script written down but especially at start with the "indevelopment" it really sounds like i would try to read it :D
All my saying is actually free speech unless i directly read something that also happens to appear on the screen.
Even the example with the 6 to 8 points was not thought about beforehand.

So I guess i just have to make more takes then one, to avoid so many misspelling. And generally take more time for the narrating :)

EDIT: thanks again for the feedback ;)

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
Videos like these are huge. Take the criticism with a grain of salt, you're the one who is doing the community a favor even with the supposed lacking areas.

There are many people that left DFO in disgust who don't even want to bother sifting through these forums for patch notes and what not. A 2-3 min video is perfect for those that want to take a gander at the new iteration and it's progress.

Keep up the good work and please continue this. You'll eventually develope a following and onlookers will look to you for updates on the game which in turn will earn us more players
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #6
Thank you for doing this. @SomeBK is right, these are huge and will pay off. Honestly,  I was going to start doing these myself, but I'm incredibly glad someone else took that upon themselves as I have too many other vids I want to do, and these are very necessary. Keep it up man, great stuff thus far, and as @Mycke mentioned, being a tad more methodical will only improve the qual. +1

Reply #7
Thanks a lot for the kind words @SomeBK and @Adûn that means a lot to me.

Also kinda want to involve the community more into these videos and thought about how i can do this.
So i figured that it might be possible to announce a date and place in the world where i film the area. Like i did in the video as background.
Players could get recorded and it would add some sort of connection. Maybe we have one guy with a certain outfit playing air guitar all the time.
Players could vote by commenting on the video like "come to sanguine!" and the comment on top wins and next time i record sanguine in humanlands.
Maybe even have more ingame interaction and ask people about how they like/dislike the newest patch. Comments ingame could be recorded and the best shown in a highlight in the video. That could actually be a incentive for people to go there, to be heared.
@Adûn when you happen to have any footage you want me to include in the next videos, i would be more then happy to collaborate with you and ofc credit your work, thanks for doing these videos it was great inspiration for the background in my vid ;)

Am really looking forward to the success of DnD and am proud to be part of the right DF community that early.
It will be a long/difficult way but we don't give up on DF!
I believe that we can do this with Ub3rgames as DEVs and most important, together as community.

• L4Mf
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Simple and informative. It didnt sound like you were reading to me, it may have just seemed that way since often there was text connected with the topic :)

Since I've read the topics myself I didn't find much informational value out of the video, but I can see how it could serve to inform others. Good job :))

Reply #9
@vanvaldenburg Feel free to use any footage at all of any current or future New Dawn vid I make, as background material or otherwise. No prob with me.  Keep up the good work :)