Skip to main content

Topic: PvP on niflheim (Read 1066 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: PvP on niflheim
Reply #15
Nice video but i hope, with the new magic rewamp and title system, to not see anymore this crap:

It make me puke. >_>

Won't take long to get every slot and every spell memorized and muscle memory perfected to call upon any one of those spells.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
This is screen from very popular mmo game  - very populated

Wow is a themepark class based game, moreover the skills you link are related to a specific archetype while in darkfall you have all archetypes into 1 build (magic/archery/melee and crafting).
If you let Darkfall to be a class game you just need 1 bar only not 10 and maybe even 10 slots are to much.

Vanilla DF hotbar GUI and the realted skill system is very unpractical and not friedly at all.

You have posted a thousand times that you want only a few skills.  Thanks.  We got the message.

Title system is coming out so that those who like 10 slots and those who like 100 slots can both coexist and be viable.  This is a prefect solution if done well.  So why do you keep re-hashing the same tired opinions? 

Was just point out the crappy system we have now in vanilla DF, showing that to a new player can be very detrimental for the game and population retention.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
This is screen from very popular mmo game  - very populated

Wow is a themepark class based game, moreover the skills you link are related to a specific archetype while in darkfall you have all archetypes into 1 build (magic/archery/melee and crafting).
If you let Darkfall to be a class game you just need 1 bar only not 10 and maybe even 10 slots are to much.

Vanilla DF hotbar GUI and the realted skill system is very unpractical and not friedly at all.

You have posted a thousand times that you want only a few skills.  Thanks.  We got the message.

Title system is coming out so that those who like 10 slots and those who like 100 slots can both coexist and be viable.  This is a prefect solution if done well.  So why do you keep re-hashing the same tired opinions? 

Was just point out the crappy system we have now in vanilla DF, showing that to a new player can be very detrimental for the game and population retention.

Fnights trolling 101:
1. If something is not to my liking - it must be changed or fixed.
2. If I am presented with arguments which do not support my idea, then refrain to comments how it killed the game by either driving new players away or causing someone like him PTSD
3. Include some random words from a list: magefall, arena, griefing, elitist, ub3rgames will fix it, title system
  • Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:52:55 pm by mrw

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."