Skip to main content

Topic: Shut Up and Take My Money!!! (Read 426 times) previous topic - next topic

Shut Up and Take My Money!!!
Darkfall was one of the first games that I truly fell in love with.  It was unforgiving, a mans game, the type of game that puts hair on your chest, even on a woman's chest....  Unfortunately, it was a very incomplete game and the Devs didn't listen to the players.

I just found this site and news that a group of dedicated bad asses are going to fix the broken original and give me the game I wanted and hoped for.  (side note, you also gave me an erection)

My question do the dev team is: When the fuck can I give you all of my money?!??!?!!??!?!?11

Re: Shut Up and Take My Money!!!
Reply #1
We are all as eager as you buddy :D

• Zeb
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
I cant fucking help myself today

Reply #3
It's like, even if they don't need a kick-starter or shit like that, i still want to donate 100$.

Savage 2, Killer Instinct and Darksouls series are the only 3 games i play. I really don't give too much fucks about gaming in general. If i play lol, it's only because most of my friends play it.
  • Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:33:39 am by Bloodymurderer

Reply #4
It's like, even if they don't need a kick-starter or shit like that, i still want to donate 100$.

Savage 2, Killer Instinct and Darksouls series are the only 3 games i play. I really don't give too much fucks about gaming in general. If i play lol, it's only because most of my friends play it.

How is Savage 2?  Saw some videos of it the other day and it looks pretty cool.  Do a decent amount of people play it?

Reply #5

How is Savage 2?  Saw some videos of it the other day and it looks pretty cool.  Do a decent amount of people play it?

The game is pretty much dead, but i still can have fun dueling and shit like that. Sometime, a server can contain enough population for a good game, but it's pretty rare. We must set-up an event in the forum just so we can make sure we can get enough players in one server to play, but even that don't really help too much. We end up mostly with 12 players and never more than 24.

The problem is, no one know what Savage 2 is. I only knew what it was because someone once posted a video in the DF official forum and the thread it-self was not even about savage 2. It once was on steam, but you had to pay 10$ to play it on steam when the game is usually F2P which is the reason why it failed over there. It's not longer on steam.

With Hon on the line, it's clear that the S2 devs don't care about Savage 2 anyway.

Reply #6
Do not worry. As soon as we can guarantee that there will be something for you to purchase, we will open our store.
We are not going to ask for money sooner than this.

Whatever you pay us will translate into an actual service. You are buying a product with every customer laws protecting you.
We do not want donations or investment, and it is partly why we did not go down the Kickstarter route. It is important for us that the player base sees their purchase as a safe expenditure rather than a gamble. In the short term ,we may receive less money, but on the long term, we'll have a better reputation and customer goodwill.

As soon as we open up the store, and throughout the InDev period, you will be able to buy the box price and up to 6 month of reduced price subscription. Depending on how soon you make that purchase it will be 80€ to 100€ for 7 InDev months+ 1 Live month.
We're currently finishing up our store interface and we'll stress test it soonish, you'll get a better idea of the bundles we intend to provide.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.