Skip to main content

Topic: Buff Other Spells (Read 502 times) previous topic - next topic

Buff Other Spells
I saw a post about buff spells being on toggle in the future, with additional limitations.

How will buff other spells be handled.  Like haste for example.

Re: Buff Other Spells
Reply #1
Shorter duration, to be used in a reactionnary manner similar to how cross healing works.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #2
Shorter duration, to be used in a reactionnary manner similar to how cross healing works.

To be honest I am not sure how long haste lasts now but it seems pretty short already. 

Reply #3

To be honest I am not sure how long haste lasts now but it seems pretty short already. 

Buff Other shorter than 1 minute will become useless and waist of time to cast.
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
Anquare Quare Supreme General

• asterix
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4

with decent durable fire it gets quite long, crossed buffs makes 1+1=3 (or more).

Reply #5
I think that buffs <1 minute would only ever get used if you also increased the range of casting to that of Sacrifice.  To run to a friend and give him your back while waiting for him to cast for a buff that last <60 seconds, is not something that would ever, ever get used mid-fight.  Movement is far too dynamic in DF.  Increase casting range, and it might work.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I wish there were no buff others at all. It makes large scale combat a melee spam.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Cross buffs are insanely OP, expecilly haste and iron skin casted before an engagement,  i'm against them but i can live with it if they are less strong and last much less, and so be more situatonal.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• asterix
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
yeah they need to be nerfed a bit, i got over 14 in physical prot with iron skin, and I was mostly in scale/bone.

Reply #9
yeah they need to be nerfed a bit, i got over 14 in physical prot with iron skin, and I was mostly in scale/bone.
nerfed? 99% of those who receive ironskin also receives haste.
So a scale/bone + r50 mob dropped + 14 phys prot (ironskin) + haste (almost x2 wep speed) = more than an infernal/full plate + R60 all crafted.
For 2 minutes you have the situation that a 1-2k gold equipment inflicts more damage than an equipment of 50K gold, and what are 2 minutes when an inexperienced player can be killed in an handful of seconds?
Are you still convinced that buffs are good for this game?
Darkfall is beautiful, probably the best, is a tough game with full loot, and in addition to this basic hardness is also full of situations that you have well defined in another thread like 1+1=3, all situations that should be solved at the root otherwise DF will always remain a game from the low potential in terms of number of players.

• asterix
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
It's a short range and short duration buff, it can be dealt with, also it's only melee and physical prots, there are many tools to counter it, including using ironskin too. There is no point in a hard nerf on buff others right now, you won't make balance by nerfing some group abilities before the titles are in and there is a massive balance work. But I sure hope at the end, not everyone is able to use these because then everyone will have to. Also keep in mind that it is mid-endgame ability as you need 80 in earth magic and a high level in durable earth, haste is lower but still requires a trained fire mage for the duration.

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #11
nerfed? 99% of those who receive ironskin also receives haste.
So a scale/bone + r50 mob dropped + 14 phys prot (ironskin) + haste (almost x2 wep speed) = more than an infernal/full plate + R60 all crafted.
For 2 minutes you have the situation that a 1-2k gold equipment inflicts more damage than an equipment of 50K gold, and what are 2 minutes when an inexperienced player can be killed in an handful of seconds?
Are you still convinced that buffs are good for this game?
Darkfall is beautiful, probably the best, is a tough game with full loot, and in addition to this basic hardness is also full of situations that you have well defined in another thread like 1+1=3, all situations that should be solved at the root otherwise DF will always remain a game from the low potential in terms of number of players.

Buffothers is essentially what allows more coordinated team to win outnumbered. There is also a metagame around dragging fights a bit longer until wards run out. Making them useless will just remove player coordination rewards. I believe they are already 'situational enough". I don't think having them last shorter duration will be good as it will either make them useless or not change the core reason why you want to nerf them. I think they should stay as they are but there must be some kind of measures to make applying ALL of the wards not viable. Perhaps add same drawbacks to wards that you plan to add to self-buffs and leave the last for as long as they do now. Because they already last shorter than most long fights. You already need to reward multiple times, considering the fight does not end in one side being slaughtered. Both teams having wards up not only increases damage done (via haste / stat buffs) but it also increases protections (thus receiving that damage).
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:55:10 am by 45s
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.

Reply #12
I wouldn't mind Ironskin giving such high protections IF its duration was down to 10 seconds - then it would be a timed "save someone from being focused by melee" kind of spell.
If you wanna keep it at 1-2 minutes, then protections should be halved or even lower.

Pretty much same goes for most buff-other spells.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
I wouldn't mind Ironskin giving such high protections IF its duration was down to 10 seconds - then it would be a timed "save someone from being focused by melee" kind of spell.
If you wanna keep it at 1-2 minutes, then protections should be halved or even lower.

Pretty much same goes for most buff-other spells.

An ironkin will never save you. A heal can tho. You had to make it 5x as powerful for it to "save" you.
  • Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 12:11:07 pm by 45s
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.