Skip to main content

Topic: Solo players (Read 1680 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Solo players
Reply #15
Great tips for surviving Morad. :D

Strongboxes last for 2hrs, I usually wrap it up after 1hr and 45min.
Grab all your loot, and bindstone recall back, away from the Mob Spawn, and hidden.

In DnD, if i'm not mistaken, you can't recall anymore when outweighted or you are too far from your bindstone, so you have to bank in a near local blue/chaos bank or player npc town and if you want to move your stuff to your main base you have to use a caravan and ask help from your friends, or since the gold are global, you can just keep your stuff there and craft there what you need, and use the local market to make a profit.
  • Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:13:36 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Solo players - Concerning War dec's
Reply #16
I remember towards the end of DF1, AV implemented a 2k charge to War Dec, and also a weekly charge of 2k for each War Dec,
for maintenance.

This did help with the small griefer Clans that would War Dec ALL Clans, in order to kill them in NPC cities.

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17

Grab all your loot, and bindstone recall back, away from the Mob Spawn, and hidden.

In DnD, if i'm not mistaken, you can't recall anymore when outweighted or you are too far from your bindstone, so you have to bank in a near local blue/chaos bank or player npc town and if you want to move your stuff to your main base you have to use a caravan and ask help from your friends, or since the gold are global, you can just keep your stuff there and craft there what you need, and use the local market to sell your stuff.

Hahaa, I know.
I will need to get a good understanding of the new mechanics and come up with a viable solution.
  • Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:32:30 pm by Morad

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #18
Hahaa, I now.
I will need to get a good understanding of the new mechanics and come up with a viable solution.

Eh eh, big reward now mean big risk too. :D
But don't worry, with watchtowers and territory control wandering around as a blue is more easy even with the local banks.
You survive, like me,  DF1 till the very end so you already are a pro survivalist . :)
  • Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:09:25 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #19
I remember towards the end of DF1, AV implemented a 2k charge to War Dec, and also a weekly charge of 2k for each War Dec,
for maintenance.

This did help with the small griefer Clans that would War Dec ALL Clans, in order to kill them in NPC cities.

Yea, didn't remember well the price, but even 2k for wardec + 2k weekly maintenance was a joke for 1 old man clans. Should be at least 5k wardec + 1k every day, it can't 100% prevent 1 man wardec to happen but at least he lose and risk something.
  • Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:15:42 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #20
In DnD, if i'm not mistaken, you can't recall anymore when outweighted or you are too far from your bindstone, so you have to bank in a near local blue/chaos bank or player npc town and if you want to move your stuff to your main base you have to use a caravan and ask help from your friends, or since the gold are global, you can just keep your stuff there and craft there what you need, and use the local market to sell your stuff.

I hope they trickle in these changes at least.  Local banking is fine.  Not being able to recall to your bindstone because you are overweight or far from your stone?  I hope they realize that will ruin the game.  I think half the ideas are just wishful theory crafting, and that's all good and well.  I just hope the overweight / regional bind stoning don't get implemented.  It's just punishes players in all aspects of the game

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #21

Could you recall in DF1 if overburden ?
I forgot.  (I think you could)

So you're saying in DND you can ONLY recall within a certain proximity of your Bindstone. ??

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #22

I hope they trickle in these changes at least.  Local banking is fine.  Not being able to recall to your bindstone because you are overweight or far from your stone?  I hope they realize that will ruin the game.  I think half the ideas are just wishful theory crafting, and that's all good and well.  I just hope the overweight / regional bind stoning don't get implemented.  It's just punishes players in all aspects of the game

Yeah it will definitely complicate things.
When I was binded in Ringfain (Dwarflands NPC city)

I would take a raft up to a Wildtribe island SE of Water Gem.
Farm for a while and recall back.

Reply #23

Yeah it is player punishment plain and simple.  Unless they make the game like WoW with a global AH and mailbox delivery system, then the recall thing will kill the game.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Could you recall in DF1 if overburden ?
I forgot.  (I think you could)

So you're saying in DND you can ONLY recall within a certain proximity of your Bindstone. ??

I read so but i don't know details, but i guess there is a reason behind it, is all chained to the local banking and the removal of fast traveling and portal chambers to increase traveling of goods and boost the local economy.
They will explain better this part, i'm not much into economy matters since i will buy stuff from other players and the market place (i didn't like much crafting, too much timesink, but i was semi-forced to do so since there were not a market at all and everyone were autosufficient).
  • Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 11:24:03 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• Morad
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25

Yeah it is player punishment plain and simple.  Unless they make the game like WoW with a global AH and mailbox delivery system, then the recall thing will kill the game.

Maybe Ub3games can elaborate given the above scenario concerning
Bindstone Recall.

Or provide a link.

Reply #26
The idea behind limiting the distance of a bindstone recall, and the same with all instant travel, goes along the notion of local banking.
If you can go to the other end of the world, do your trade, then port back full of local resources, then it partly invalidates local banking. It also makes the world a lot smaller and somewhat emptier, which is the bane of many recent MMOs destroying their often well made worlds through instant travel. They at the very least need a cost to be a mental barrier which gives value to geographical space and a potential income source for PvE players.

This is why runestones will remain in the game. The stone will serve as the address of where you port, portal shards will servie as the fuel consumed based on distance. This should allow players the convenience to still travel but at a high cost.

The reason behind limiting the weight of a recall or an instant travel is similar to the distance argument.
Again, if you can teleport with your pokets full, then there is no point to local banking. So we limit the weight to a bit above a gear bag and one small figurine (mount or raft) This lets players use runestone to travel, but not transport goods.

Another advantage of preventing instant travel past a certain weight limit means that loot is less easily saved.
Going out solo will be a more thoughtful adventure as you will need to plan your return trip as well. But it also means that if you are a raid group or a gank squad, you need to travel back to safety, which gives a shot at being caught by your former victims and they can recover their possessions. Alongside the Infamy system, this should encourage people to avenge other players after they got ganked and try to cut off the raid party before the border.

This will also serve for the village capture system, the wild nodes system and the raid stone system and in general, it should end up creating more fighting opportunities and potentially some great come backs and all or nothing situations.

@Morad For your strongbox scenario, just have a mount and a pack, and you will be able to place the content of your strongbox in your mount which will then follow you like a pack mule.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #27
The idea behind limiting the distance of a bindstone recall, and the same with all instant travel, goes along the notion of local banking.
If you can go to the other end of the world, do your trade, then port back full of local resources, then it partly invalidates local banking. It also makes the world a lot smaller and somewhat emptier, which is the bane of many recent MMOs destroying their often well made worlds through instant travel. They at the very least need a cost to be a mental barrier which gives value to geographical space and a potential income source for PvE players.

This is why runestones will remain in the game. The stone will serve as the address of where you port, portal shards will servie as the fuel consumed based on distance. This should allow players the convenience to still travel but at a high cost.

The reason behind limiting the weight of a recall or an instant travel is similar to the distance argument.
Again, if you can teleport with your pokets full, then there is no point to local banking. So we limit the weight to a bit above a gear bag and one small figurine (mount or raft) This lets players use runestone to travel, but not transport goods.

Another advantage of preventing instant travel past a certain weight limit means that loot is less easily saved.
Going out solo will be a more thoughtful adventure as you will need to plan your return trip as well. But it also means that if you are a raid group or a gank squad, you need to travel back to safety, which gives a shot at being caught by your former victims and they can recover their possessions. Alongside the Infamy system, this should encourage people to avenge other players after they got ganked and try to cut off the raid party before the border.

This will also serve for the village capture system, the wild nodes system and the raid stone system and in general, it should end up creating more fighting opportunities and potentially some great come backs and all or nothing situations.

@Morad For your strongbox scenario, just have a mount and a pack, and you will be able to place the content of your strongbox in your mount which will then follow you like a pack mule.

This will encourage zergs, and discourage solo play.  This is a bad way to start with a small population, and a game that was meant to have thousands online.  I'll travel with a pack of players, or have multiple accounts to do trading with and still stay where my bank is.  Easily exploited.

Also, why are you punishing good players?  I've wiped out a boat of 10 people single handedly, and then scooped up the corpses and boat by myself and recalled home.  Why punish players that could pull that off?  Want to know what I do with gear that I can't loot, and other players start to gain on me and I can't get to a bank?  I trash it.

This way, resources are instantly destroyed.  Players do not have a chance to win their gear back, and roachers won't get anything.  Is this what is desired?

Reply #28

Enough to be set for life by making one teleport trip with your bag filled with some q4-5 enchanting mats, or taint of khamset.
You'd really have to create end game economy that relies on some local variation of heavier, commonly used resources, or make it so the crafting components fill up some secondary encumbrance bar. More for high quality ore/ingots/enchanting mats, and less so for the most common stuff. If the bar is filled up, you can't teleport.

Reply #29

This will encourage zergs, and discourage solo play.  This is a bad way to start with a small population, and a game that was meant to have thousands online.  I'll travel with a pack of players, or have multiple accounts to do trading with and still stay where my bank is.  Easily exploited.

Also, why are you punishing good players?  I've wiped out a boat of 10 people single handedly, and then scooped up the corpses and boat by myself and recalled home.  Why punish players that could pull that off?  Want to know what I do with gear that I can't loot, and other players start to gain on me and I can't get to a bank?  I trash it.

This way, resources are instantly destroyed.  Players do not have a chance to win their gear back, and roachers won't get anything.  Is this what is desired?

If your good enough to kill 10 players, your good enough to sail a boat to escape. Disappearing after 3mins recall and appear 2 hours away leaves no chance for anyone to find the boat or find you to get their stuff back.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?