Skip to main content

Topic: What is your stance on CC skills/spells? (Read 186 times) previous topic - next topic

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
What is your stance on CC skills/spells?
From what I see you have a lot of plans to add various slows (e.g. add 1s slow to Earthquake, add a perk to being able to channel WoF etc.). Is DF combat going to rely on CCs a lot in the future?
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: What is your stance on CC skills/spells?
Reply #1
I hope not.

Reply #2
We feel that Darkfall is already very CC heavy for an fps, and intend to reduce this.

We will implement ways of resisting or prevenintg the existing CCs, for example a preemptive grounded state or a reactionary CC break of sorts. Note also that displacement effects will be partially blockable when using timed blocking, and heavy encumbrance will reduce their effects.
As a whole, New Dawn will be less CC oriented han DF2012 was.

Slows are indeed considered for some abilities. For example, to give a purpose to the seize skill in melee.
They will only impact sprint speed, reducing its bonus, will be cc preventable/breakable with the above mentioned tools and we view them as a softer form of CC than knock ups, since the control of the character will remain in the hand of the players.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Thank you for reply! I somehow got the wrong impression first it seems.
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.