Skip to main content

Topic: Is Magma Storm sharing cooldown with Unholy Flames intended? (Read 5880 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is Magma Storm sharing cooldown with Unholy Flames intended?
Reply #15
The game has more potential than just knock-up meta. Can't we atleast try something different?

And in any regards, DFUW will never be comparable.

Reply #16
The game has more potential than just knock-up meta. Can't we atleast try something different?

And in any regards, DFUW will never be comparable.
i know where you live

Think adding new spells are far in the future, removing spells at this point just seems counterproductive.

Reply #17
increasing the cooldown and mana cost would have suited, it was spammed a lot, I get the 'make less stuff mandatory' thing your going for but nerfing all the utility a mage has isn't the way

increase cooldown slightly and reduce knockback effect to that of a fireball or inferno? adjust casting time after if still not happy. maybe lower its school requirement to 30-40 and don't front load this one, so easy to acquire but a small grind to get full damage potential
  • Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:54:30 am by Leg enD

• Nat
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #18
I don't like ninja changes. Unless it was stated previously and I missed it, please be clear with every small change you make that may be significant.

Reply #19
so, as it stands magmastorm is now a useless spell and endgame pvp will be 3 spells, fireball, dragonsbreathe and inferno. GG

Exactly why I have stopped progressing my character. Oh, you completed all of magic in 2 weeks.... FFS, cater to those who dont want to play the game. Sorry, if I offer up a form of criticisms for my favorite game, but this is ridiculous.
Don't take forums seriously; Astroturfing is real, and has ruined the freedoms of speeches we share online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bYAQ-ZZtEU

Reply #20
so, as it stands magmastorm is now a useless spell and endgame pvp will be 3 spells, fireball, dragonsbreathe and inferno. GG

Exactly why I have stopped progressing my character. Oh, you completed all of magic in 2 weeks.... FFS, cater to those who dont want to play the game. Sorry, if I offer up a form of criticisms for my favorite game, but this is ridiculous.
I'm sorry, i can't seem to figure out what you want to say with your post, could you rephrase?

Reply #21
@viciousboxx he's agreeing with you

Reply #22

Reply #23
As a gm fire mage with all spells at 100 skill fire. Spawning 100 fire spells was a easy win most times. I would suggest magna bomb be either much reduced dmg but great knock up if hit direct onto body and larger aoe if splash hit send players flying directional in opposite of impact point. This can be a good break away fire spell for mages and scattering of groups with separate cooldowns than r90s but itself should be a 20 second individual cooldown.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #24
The special-nuke spells like Magma, Needles, and Meteor need a cooldown of their own.  Lumping them in the r90, r100 nuke category is a bit much IMO.

Reply #25
Arrgh Magma should NOT share the same cooldown as Inferno/virtuous/unholyflames/exploding charge that's horrible man

Reply #26
@Ub3rgames The amount of things that getting added/tweaked/removed but don't show up in any patch notes makes pandas cry. We're nerds we like patch notes, with y'know - the actual patch notes in them.

Also Magma really does not need a r90 cooldown, as has been repeatedly said, it's basically not going to get used, when i've got the choice of a r90 or magma, i'm always going to take the r90 even with the follow up potential of the knock up.
Well, damn. If it isn't Taylor Swift

Reply #27
I wasn't happy with how unbalanced magma storm was imo, but this wasn't the way to do it, especially under the rug like this for us to find out via trial and error.  I think it's a bigger issue than that.  Can we see a full list of things like this you guys changed?  And would you consider changing it back and balancing it a different way?  It's pretty clear the community isn't happy with it.  Magma was more of a utility spell than a r90.  I think it should remain that way. 

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Changes are necessary and needed for the final scheme along with the title system, they do these changes overtime not all together so wait and stop Q_Q.

But you are right about patch notes of such changes, only this. The rest will be tested when the title system is in during the InDev period.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #29
As a gm fire mage with all spells at 100 skill fire. Spawning 100 fire spells was a easy win most times. I would suggest magna bomb be either much reduced dmg but great knock up if hit direct onto body and larger aoe if splash hit send players flying directional in opposite of impact point. This can be a good break away fire spell for mages and scattering of groups with separate cooldowns than r90s but itself should be a 20 second individual cooldown.

Agreed with all except the cooldown, it shouldn't be that severe.