Skip to main content

Topic: Is Magma Storm sharing cooldown with Unholy Flames intended? (Read 5879 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Is Magma Storm sharing cooldown with Unholy Flames intended?
Reply #120
@Ub3rgames
I'd rate stamina as the most valuable stat, followed by mana, hp last as its the fastest/easiest to recover

I agree stam is important, likely the most important in long fights.  But I don't see ever placing mana before HP.  You never die due to mana or stam if being focused in group combat.  You never die due to mana or stam from a stickyback.  And if you get to zero mana, you can pull out a sword or bow.  But if you get to zero health or stam, you're done.
ever had to reset a fight because neither side could do enough bust DPS to a single target to down it? meaning eventually everyone in the fight is under 40% in each stat, you reset to try stat up, for that you need mana or the fight is over.

being focused or stickyback'd is a result of playing badly, you can be saved from both with player interaction, that's the fun of darkfall pvp, lets leave some of it intact please.. the only way to balance sticky backing (without player interaction) is removing back hits, that's a crutch for bad players in a bad team and I personally would hate it.

im not sure how to give players a crutch for being focused or what either has to do with which stat pool is more valued

Reply #121
@Ub3rgames
I'd rate stamina as the most valuable stat, followed by mana, hp last as its the fastest/easiest to recover

I agree stam is important, likely the most important in long fights.  But I don't see ever placing mana before HP.  You never die due to mana or stam if being focused in group combat.  You never die due to mana or stam from a stickyback.  And if you get to zero mana, you can pull out a sword or bow.  But if you get to zero health or stam, you're done.
ever had to reset a fight because neither side could do enough bust DPS to a single target to down it? meaning eventually everyone in the fight is under 40% in each stat, you reset to try stat up, for that you need mana or the fight is over.

being focused or stickyback'd is a result of playing badly, you can be saved from both with player interaction, that's the fun of darkfall pvp, lets leave some of it intact please.. the only way to balance sticky backing (without player interaction) is removing back hits, that's a crutch for bad players in a bad team and I personally would hate it.

im not sure how to give players a crutch for being focused or what either has to do with which stat pool is more valued

What am i missing because I dont see how your comment in any way responds to the person you quoted, he was merely replying to the devs on the order he would place the 3 things in and never said anything about saving people from being focused or stickybacked, you just made that up out of no where.

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #122
@Ub3rgames

You give good arguments and I think Mana is as important as Health in most cases, however I would vote for Health winning it overall, mostly because of 2 main reasons:
- You can be out of Mana and still be alive, while being out of Health is always death
- Mana re-stating directly depends on Health

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #123
I think HP's are the most important cause without them you are dead. Then Sta then Mana.

Reply #124
@Ub3rgames

What am i missing because I dont see how your comment in any way responds to the person you quoted, he was merely replying to the devs on the order he would place the 3 things in and never said anything about saving people from being focused or stickybacked, you just made that up out of no where.
He explained a scenario to make a point that countered the other guys point, it's called debating.

#MyckeConfirmedIdiot
Sep San Wung Si Muli Pun Yo Tiomi Yie Wun Sung you're not ready

Reply #125
@Ub3rgames

He explained a scenario to make a point that countered the other guys point, it's called debating.

#MyckeConfirmedIdiot

Alright pat trying to get you to see the pathetic dweeb your forum behavior presents is a waste of time since you crave any attention, so I will ignore you here out since you say nothing useful anyway and telling you that hasn't helped.

#poorpatsparentsdidntgivehimtheattentionheneeds

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #126
Alright pat trying to get you to see the pathetic dweeb your forum behavior presents is a waste of time since you crave any attention, so I will ignore you here out since you say nothing useful anyway and telling you that hasn't helped.

Mycke, no offense but he's partially right. You seem to run into the discussion a lot, while only skimming the last posts and making some reply, stating something or asking which was already covered few posts before.

What you are confused about, is ironically even quoted and answered in the quotes of your own post.

"Our title system is an expansion of the titles in the same spirit than the destroyer title. These will NOT be classes and will be completely optional."

Reply #127

Mycke, no offense but he's partially right. You seem to run into the discussion a lot, while only skimming the last posts and making some reply, stating something or asking which was already covered few posts before.

What you are confused about, is ironically even quoted and answered in the quotes of your own post.
^^ What this guy wrote,

Seriously you looking like an idiot in this thread, surely not even your delusions grandeur can ignore that. @Mycke

Reply #128

^^ What this guy wrote,

Seriously you looking like an idiot in this thread, surely not even your delusions grandeur can ignore that. @Mycke

Yeah twiddle-dee thinks twiddle-dumb is right, that should convince all other twiddles.

Us non-twiddles need actual reasoning and logic that creates an argument that demonstrates such points, but that would put you in a bind being unable to do so, so its much easier to take my argument and just say im wrong, because the only other option would be to admit what you don't want to be true, actually is and you guys never support things you don't want to be true.

We need to bring back critical think to schools because the way it works is you get your facts together and see where they lead for better or worse, where people these days decide what they want and then make up anything they can to try and convince others their preference is the best, no matter how many facts refute it because the goal to get what you want like some prosecutors who want to convict you even after contrary evidence surfaces.

"The gang serves lies,
the passionate man plays his part;
the cold passion for truth hunts in no pack."
―Robinson Jeffers

Reply #129

^^ What this guy wrote,

Yeah twiddle-dee thinks twiddle-dumb is right, that should convince all other twiddles.

Us non-twiddles need actual reasoning and logic that creates an argument that demonstrates such points, but that would put you in a bind being unable to do so, so its much easier to take my argument and just say im wrong, because the only other option would be to admit what you don't want to be true, actually is and you guys never support things you don't want to be true.

We need to bring back critical think to schools because the way it works is you get your facts together and see where they lead for better or worse, where people these days decide what they want and then make up anything they can to try and convince others their preference is the best, no matter how many facts refute it because the goal to get what you want like some prosecutors who want to convict you even after contrary evidence surfaces.

"The gang serves lies,
the passionate man plays his part;
the cold passion for truth hunts in no pack."
―Robinson Jeffers
didn't read your wall of rage again, but gotta say it looks like you suffer from serious social and mental issues,

this gone beyond tit for tat jokes , I actually feel worried for you man... I hope you find it in you to seek for help and resolve your issues.

take care

Reply #130
Poor deluded kid keeps trying to get me to respond to him, he needs that attention so bad and thinks he can get me riled up enough, where I see him more as that crazy guy on the street corner carrying some bizarre sign, worth reading for entertainment value but quickly forgotten as unstable ranting.

Reply #131
is it possibly to have people banned from specific threads? like mycke from this one? (and many others..)

think of all 3 stats as a whole, since if utilized fully the fight isn't over until they're all gone. in any case where you die with an excess of mana/stamina, you were badly outplayed or outnumbered and not able to use your stat pools fully. now which one is the most important? :)

hp comes and goes, mana and stamina need management or your done for.
  • Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:55:29 am by Leg enD

Reply #132
is it possibly to have people banned from specific threads? like mycke from this one? (and many others..)

think of all 3 stats as a whole, since if utilized fully the fight isn't over until they're all gone. in any case where you die with an excess of mana/stamina, you were badly outplayed or outnumbered and not able to use your stat pools fully. now which one is the most important? :)

The irony is I was thinking if there was a block I would have used it on you, where Pat just trolls you actually believe most of the nonsense you present and are oblivious to any facts that are inconvenient to your spin. banning me from the thread is just another level of you tuning out anything you don't want to be true, but cant think of any way to prove them invalid. All your post are gloom and doom, always predicting the worst possible outcome for any possible changes you don't like and never give alternate suggestions, because you aren't evaluating at all, you just don't want them changed at all and we will pretend that is not for personal benefit reasons, because you would never falsely argue to save a mechanic you like and use, its just a coincidence your arguments are flimsy and you don't seem to get any points that counter them, no matter how convincing.

How difficult a thing it is to persuade a man to reason against his own interest....."
―John Trusler

Reply #133

well said mate, Mycke is a very toxic member of the community, his stupidity bares no bounds

Reply #134

on the other hand....without Stam and Mana u can still heal ur group with sacrifice....without HP...well ur dead....but for sure u r right...if u die with lots of mana and Stam left u did something wrong
Rorschach MiM

Retired:  Rorschach Greyhead / Marquez VonHinten