Skip to main content

Topic: Remove Gold Increase Mats (Read 625 times) previous topic - next topic

• BakedBeans
  • [*]
Remove Gold Increase Mats
I would like to see the gold requirements removed from crafting. It's a stupid mechanic. Why not just increase the amount of materials needed or add in a rare material instead of ridiculous amounts of gold to craft. You don't see any blacksmiths in real life shoving dollar bills into the lining of their armor do you?
"In honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty, satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard for it, at worst, is only a sour look at choking. No, a merry life & a short one, shall be my motto."

Re: Remove Gold Increase Mats
Reply #1
I would like to see the gold requirements removed from crafting. It's a stupid mechanic. Why not just increase the amount of materials needed or add in a rare material instead of ridiculous amounts of gold to craft. You don't see any blacksmiths in real life shoving dollar bills into the lining of their armor do you?

I rarely see people shooting fireballs from wooden sticks or riding on pigs in real life either.

Reply #2
The mat costs are already insane if you don't have a harvester alt or a clan funding you.  The gold is a pittance to be honest.

• BakedBeans
  • [*]
Reply #3
Can I borrow a "pittance" from you to build a city defense tower then? It's only like 180k gold. A drop in the bucket for such a well established gentleman such as yourself I'm sure.

Ok I have a ton of wood and stone let me just sprinkle some gold coins in there for the finishing touches... If anything when we smash clanstones and walls and such coins should fly out of them like Super Mario...
  • Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:51:09 pm by BakedBeans
"In honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty, satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard for it, at worst, is only a sour look at choking. No, a merry life & a short one, shall be my motto."

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #4
Gold sinks are necessary and zap towers should be hella expensive. Go farm and make the world alive.
It's a group effort so make it enjoyable for the group.
Biash Aldanari - Wardens

Reply #5
Can I borrow a "pittance" from you to build a city defense tower then? It's only like 180k gold. A drop in the bucket for such a well established gentleman such as yourself I'm sure.

Ok I have a ton of wood and stone let me just sprinkle some gold coins in there for the finishing touches... If anything when we smash clanstones and walls and such coins should fly out of them like Super Mario...

Well, if you're crafting end game shit such as buildings or warhulks, obviously it isn't going to be free or quick.  People easily can fund that shit once they are able to farm Devils and get 50k + keys and rares in a single kill, among other things.

Doing it in the first week probably should be difficult lol, considering people dont even have arcane jewelry yet

Reply #6

So you want to remove the unrealistic gold component of crafting to make towers which shoot purple lazers?!

• BakedBeans
  • [*]
Reply #7
I just think it's stupid to sprinkle gold on everything to craft. I'd rather just work harder for the raw materials or actually farm some rare drops to be able to build endgame items. Like you said anyone can farm a bunch of gold at high level.

Reply #8
I just think it's stupid to sprinkle gold on everything to craft. I'd rather just work harder for the raw materials or actually farm some rare drops to be able to build endgame items. Like you said anyone can farm a bunch of gold at high level.

If everyone can farm loads of gold at high level donf we need something to spend it all on? Like crazy towers that shoot lazers and shit tons of pigs to ride rodeo on?

• BakedBeans
  • [*]
Reply #9
We could spend it on low level gatherers who would like to get in on this trickle down economy. Why not increase the amount of resources needed then people would in turn buy more resources and the lowly gatherers would see a part of that 180k instead of it being used as decoration in crafted goods? Either way I'm not saying make it cheaper or easier. Why not make guard towers like the ships? you should have to loot some rare drop from a endgame spawn for a chance to get the Laser Power supply or something. I just think throwing gold into your creations with no purpose is a poorly planned money sink.

Reply #10
Enchanting is an end game thing. Keep it that way.

And we need gold sink.

• BakedBeans
  • [*]
Reply #11
It's still a gold sink if you don't want to farm mats FOREVER. You just don't sink it into a bottomless pit and it actually goes back into the economy. Who said anything about enchanting? I think this is going over some of your heads...

If you really want to make a sink for gold then make some systems you can pump gold into and actually get something in return. City Upkeep, a Clan recruiting system that you pay to advertise, Make you start paying a shit ton of gold to actually cap a town instead of 20k bindstones. Why not a 20k bindstone and 50k gold? Gold sinks are easy to incorporate, but a poorly thought out crafting system isn't the best answer. I don't care I can farm gold with the best of them, but I want to see an actual economy develop instead of clans just turning xenophobic and being 100% self sufficient. Hopefully local banking will encourage actual trading.
  • Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 05:37:33 pm by BakedBeans

Reply #12
We could spend it on low level gatherers who would like to get in on this trickle down economy. Why not increase the amount of resources needed then people would in turn buy more resources and the lowly gatherers would see a part of that 180k instead of it being used as decoration in crafted goods? Either way I'm not saying make it cheaper or easier. Why not make guard towers like the ships? you should have to loot some rare drop from a endgame spawn for a chance to get the Laser Power supply or something. I just think throwing gold into your creations with no purpose is a poorly planned money sink.

If gold never leaves the game it loses its value and you have to farm more to pay the gatherers or they refuse to sell their materials for gold once it becomes useless.

Much better to use it to gild all items in crafting. Just imagine your lazer tower is gilded in gold like a huge buddist stuppa. That should solve your immersion issues.

I make believe my wooden sticks have gold handles out of view and my pigs wear gold pig shoes. Wirks for me.

• BakedBeans
  • [*]
Reply #13
Yes it's true you need some form of money sink, but you can be more creative than piling gold in as filler on everything you craft. I mentioned several things that would provide for that. I'm talking about ways to distribute wealth rather than just throw it away. Money sinks in games like this don't help form strong economies. Clearly by making local banking Ubergames has some sort of vision of an in game economy developing rather than this just turning into Vanilla Elitefall and the game dying again... The problem before was that once guilds were big enough and players tough enough there was no reason to ever trade outside of your alliance unless you were just lazy.

Reply #14
there was no reason to ever trade outside of your alliance unless you were just lazy.

Not sure. My clan was pretty basic. I know we had access to leather jerkins but i prefered to play au natural anyway.

Im a naturalist in and out of game in fact.