Skip to main content

Topic: Bunnyhopping (Read 288 times) previous topic - next topic

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Bunnyhopping
[16:28:56] Skill Jump could not be started.
[16:28:56] You need minimum 67.69425 of Stamina; you have 18.291641.

Is the cost to jump supposed to "equal" the ammount of health you lost when you landed?

[16:28:56] You damaged yourself and lost -72.5 points of Health (Impact Damage)

Wanted to try and see if it actually kills you...but it stopped me from making that final hop i would have needed.

Re: Bunnyhopping
Reply #1
No, the cost of jumping is supposed to be based on your velocity. if you go fast and decide to jump, it drains more stamina.
We picked that solution so that come hither and knock ups don't get buffed by a tweak of bunny hopping.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #2
15-20 stamina cost should be more than enough. 3-4 Jumps should be perfectly viable combat tactic, not a death sentence.

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I wasnt even going that fast though (horizontally).
I wasnt even going that fast vertically either, since fall damage caps at 90...
And i was supposed to pay almost 70 stam for the next jump?

I guess the mechanic is at least working, but imo it does need some tweaking.

Reply #4
We'll be tweaking it in tonight's patch.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
15-20 stamina cost should be more than enough. 3-4 Jumps should be perfectly viable combat tactic, not a death sentence.

So assuming you have ~350 total stamina and it costs 15-20. You would be able to make 15-20 jumps, depending if you are at full staming or not when you start. That's far from 3-4. The cost should be around 20-30 stam.

I think when balancing this it's best to look it like this:
If sprinting from point A to point B takes "X" amount of stamina, then bunnyhopping that distance should cost at least the same (or even more than "X") stamina, because you should be saving time (distance) when bunny hopping, not stamina.
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.